• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamescom 2011: Microsoft Play Day Information Recap Thread

Hanmik

GamesCom 2011: MS Play Day: Halo Anniversary/Reach Cross Play Revealed

Microsoft’s Play Day continues where it was revealed that Halo: Anniversary will support cross-play with Halo Reach. Essentially you will be able to play on the Halo: Anniversary multiplayer maps in Halo: Reach provided that you have either bought the game or downloaded the maps as DLC. In an interview with VG247, Dan Ayoub said:

“If you’ve got Reach and you don’t pick up Anniversary – and I don’t know why you’d do that – you can get it as DLC. But if you’ve got Anniversary you’re gonna be able to download it to your drive and that way if you’ve got the Reach disc in you can play the multiplayer on the Anniversary maps as well.”

He then explains:

“We decided to use the Reach engine specifically for Halo Anniversary so people can play between games, so if you’re on Reach and I’m on Anniversary we can play Multiplayer together,”

Pretty cool, huh? If you’re hankering for new Reach maps but aren’t so keen on revising the old Halo games, then this is for you.

source: http://fronttowardsgamer.com/2011/0...ay-halo-anniversaryreach-cross-play-revealed/

Sydle

Good stuff. I didn't know Halo CEA/Reach had cross play. And Kinectimals for WP7 might be cool.

New songs announced for the Dance Central 2 songlist:

・Flo Rida feat David Guetta - Club Can’t Handle Me
・David Guetta feat Akon - Sexy Chick
・Daddy Yankee feat Fergie - Impacto
・Darude - Sandstorm
・Daft Punk - Technologic
・O-Zone - Dragostea Din Tei (lol, this should be fun)
・Bruno Mars - Grenade
・Donna Summer - Hot Stuff
・Gnarls Barkley - Run
・Lena - Satellite
・Enrique Iglesias - I Like It
・Lady Gaga - Born This Way
・Exile - I Wish for You

Day one.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
the halo reach engine continues to impress - damnation just looks gorgeous!

steel battalion looks... iffy. ugliest mechs ever and we still have no idea how it will play. also, i'm sure its just nostalgia, but i remember the old xbox game looking better - it definitely had a better art direction and sense of reality.

Kafel

Banned
<3

ME0001433309_2.jpg

Doffen

Zeouterlimits said:
Dance Central 2

New songs announced:
&#12539;Flo Rida feat David Guetta - Club Can’t Handle Me
&#12539;David Guetta feat Akon - Sexy Chick
&#12539;Daddy Yankee feat Fergie - Impacto
&#12539;Darude - Sandstorm
&#12539;Daft Punk - Technologic
&#12539;O-Zone - Dragostea Din Tei
&#12539;Bruno Mars - Grenade
&#12539;Donna Summer - Hot Stuff
&#12539;Gnarls Barkley - Run
&#12539;Lena - Satellite
&#12539;Enrique Iglesias - I Like It
&#12539;Lady Gaga - Born This Way
&#12539;Exile - I Wish for You
These moves please -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmtzQCSh6xk

Hey You

watership said:
Took me 4 pages to find this thread. Is there a reason it's not a sticky anymore?

BEARS.
Same, I had to google search for it.

And probably because its not a conference and it doesn't clog up the stickies. That's my guess.

Alx

It looks like Dance Central 2 will have a better playlist (for my tastes). :)

Steel Battalion is... interesting. Not really my kind of game, but I liked the music in the trailer (sounds like a remix/copy of "Surface of the Sun" from the movie Sunshine, which I love). I wonder how those bipedal mechas can walk so slowly with their feet so far apart, but I'm nitpicking. ;D

Today, Xbox 360 and Disney Interactive Studios are excited to announce that the magic of “Kinect: Disneyland Adventures” will be available in North America on Nov. 15, 2011.

Link. I know not to many people are looking forward to this, but my wife and I are. I am glad it finally got a release date.

Leflus

Kinectimals is about to get a major upgrade — no, we're not talking about its "Now with Bears!" slogan — but something even cooler.

Owners of a Windows Phone will be able to take their pet on the go and train it wherever they are, with all the joy of Achievements and Leaderboards along the way.
Transfurring!

Btw. Where's Fable The Journey? I thought it was supposed to show up at Gamescom. Maybe tomorrow?

Alx

Leflus said:
Btw. Where's Fable The Journey? I thought it was supposed to show up at Gamescom. Maybe tomorrow?

After all his talk about "it's not on rail !", I suppose Molyneux will want to show some new gameplay...

*edit : ^^^ those are ugly Gears statues ! o_0

Top Bottom