• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

Maitiú;170155424 said:
Except they aren't judging it solely on what we got to see, but rather on what they got to see. If you watch it again, Jones gives the impression that the behind doors Uncharted demo was even more impressive.

I know that. But I could totally go Brandon Jones on the Uncharted 4 video (like he did on No Man's Sky, if that wasn't clear).

What was new?
What was fresh and innovative about it?
How is it not more of the same?
Where are the new ideas?

Nothing like that is communicated. It was literally more of the same. Big set piece, shooting gallery and a Rollercoaster ride.

Saying that the demo behind closed doors was more impressive that the demo on stage means nothing to me, when the demo on stage bored me to tears.

But that's just my opinion, of course. Hence my complaining about their pick for the best Playstation exclusive.

BBboy20

Yeah, I really love Ben's rants. He's so damn right and you can see and hear his passion for this medium. I pretty much always agree with what he says. The episodes where he is on are probably my favorite ones.

I'm still annoyed that he blocked me on Twitter, though.
He followed me after telling him the internet watched their farewell to E3.

I probably did take it way too personally. What's your Twitter name? I'll unblock you.
Oh, hey, I'm ChucklesBrown, BTW! ^_^

what a lovely day
That phrase will go re-exuberantly far.

I know that. But I could totally go Brandon Jones on the Uncharted 4 video (like he did on No Man's Sky, if that wasn't clear).

What was new?
What was fresh and innovative about it?
How is it not more of the same?
Where are the new ideas?

Nothing like that is communicated. It was literally more of the same. Big set piece, shooting gallery and a Rollercoaster ride.

Saying that the demo behind closed doors was more impressive that the demo on stage means nothing to me, when the demo on stage bored me to tears.

But that's just my opinion, of course. Hence my complaining about their pick for the best Playstation exclusive.

They are GameTrailer's awards. They aren't supposed to reflect your opinions, they are a reflection of what the staff saw and was most impressed by.

As for what was new? Well, no Uncharted level has ever been so large, had so many destructible items or ever allowed you to drive a vehicle. Besides, at PSX they already showed off new combat and traversal features (it was not a simple shooting gallery), this demo was intended to highlight set piece action.

I would agree that it shouldn't always come down to Hearthstone in that Blizzard has the luxury to not have to think about making ends to meet in a way few other developers enjoy (the other being Valve, of course). They also have an enormous built in fan base and some of the best game designers in the world. They are an outlier and should not be the bar against which all other games or business models should be judged.

tok9

Ben's great. He's so passionate about games and I've always found him to be really interactive with chat.

Ben, live tabletop time.. make it happen! :)

Ben's great. He's so passionate about games and I've always found him to be really interactive with chat.

Ben, live tabletop time.. make it happen! :)

Great idea.

Although I do worry it will end with at least one person getting punched. They seem to get a little riled up during Tabletop.

tok9

Great idea.

Although I do worry it will end with at least one person getting punched. They seem to get a little riled up during Tabletop.

I just kept thinking about it since they did live Just Played's, Trailer Score's and GT Time.

Also just since I Ben does have an account so I assume he reads this. I remember on a stream they mentioned a show which was basically taking a rookie through Hearthstone and doing a series on it. If that one is still in the pipeline. I hope it's more of a season type scenario where 1 season of episodes is Hearthstone and then they move onto another game.

There was another show idea mentioned too but I can't remember it for the life of me.

Hasney

Not sure live Tabletop would work, there's enough to worry about in one of those tapings. Live Fiasco could work though.

Not sure live Tabletop would work, there's enough to worry about in one of those tapings. Live Fiasco could work though.

Back when it started they streamed every episode of Tabletop Adventures. They didn't look at chat or anything, but I use to watch the twitch archives on Wednesday night so I didn't have to wait for them to get uploaded on Thursday.

Hasney

Back when it started they streamed every episode of Tabletop Adventures. They didn't look at chat or anything, but I use to watch the twitch archives on Wednesday night so I didn't have to wait for them to get uploaded on Thursday.

Oh that's cool then. I was just thinking of adding chat to it would make it far too unmanageable.

sora87

Whenever GT does a top whatever there's negativity, people can't understand that it's their own opinion, and is not meant to reflect anyone else.

Whenever GT does a top whatever there's negativity, people can't understand that it's their own opinion, and is not meant to reflect anyone else.

That is not true. Of course it's their opinion and that's fine. That doesn't mean people can't or shouldn't openly disagree with their picks from time to time. We're in this thread to discuss their content after all.

sora87

Yes but I'm talking about the people who are like "lol these guys are deluded" and "are they serious?!"

Their top 10 threads are full of that sort of nonsense.

sora87

Oh+levvy+_223a230a67dc356772704c0565d7a73f.jpg

Wait, they said "We can't touch it, we can't nominate it" for game of the show?

Who played Dark Souls 3? I was under the impression Huber attended a playthrough by Miyazaki, but he didn't get to play it.

Wait, they said "We can't touch it, we can't nominate it" for game of the show?

Who played Dark Souls 3? I was under the impression Huber attended a playthrough by Miyazaki, but he didn't get to play it.
My understanding is that quote was in relation to judge's week for the official E3 awards.

tok9

Got around to watching Fiasco last night. Had a lot of good laughs in that episode. I might go back and watch the other episodes of it.

The E3 Missing In Action video with not Ben Moore is criminally overlooked. I found it to be very funny with the dark visuals, creepy music and serious tone while Ben was saying things about pretending to be Japanese school kid trying to be the best at soccer and making rice cakes, the contrast in the scene with the dialog was hilarious. I can totally see a new show out of it, like Ben or everyone in GT crew voice their opinions "anonymously" about stuff in gaming that are wrong or don't like, for example the recent Redbull-Destiny thing and the devs from Dying Light making fun of them. Just a thought.

TheHall

The E3 Missing In Action video with not Ben Moore is criminally overlooked. I found it to be very funny with the dark visuals, creepy music and serious tone while Ben was saying things about pretending to be Japanese school kid trying to be the best at soccer and making rice cakes, the contrast in the scene with the dialog was hilarious. I can totally see a new show out of it, like Ben or everyone in GT crew voice their opinions "anonymously" about stuff in gaming that are wrong or don't like, for example the recent Redbull-Destiny thing and the devs from Dying Light making fun of them. Just a thought.

They could easily make Buttons the Triumph of the Games Industry and have a ton of fun with it.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

Oh my God, what an amazing video. I find it amazing how so many people at the GT offices are great at comedy hahaha.

I'd die if they'd make this a regular show.

Heartfyre

They had an amusing incident on the Final Fantasy VII stream last night. For context, since that is very important to Gametrailers, Kyle was meeting a friend at the airport, but they had been delayed so he was sitting in on the stream until he arrived and they were going to go and eat together. Because of this, he was refusing to eat the offered Cinnastix from their pizza order. The chat were unhappy with this, and there were many demands and strawpolls.

Meanwhile, they had been trying to find Yuffie for a long, long time. For whatever reason, despite being in the right place, Yuffie just wasn't popping. So, in these frustrated circumstances, Kyle decides to make a bet...

tok9

I actually did miss that as the archive was muted in parts so I didn't watch it. Hilarious.

Tabletop was amazing too. Loved it when Kyle and Ian left. Not saying anything in case Ian reads here. :)

Tabletop was indeed fantastic. Genuine laugh out loud moments throughout the show. I loved when Andry exclaimed "I'll take the Mecha Hogger suit!" and Ben's head just dropped. You could see he was thinking "Once again, they've fucked up my plans!". The amazing thing though is that he never lets it faze him. He manages to adapt within seconds. Incredible.

I have never, in my life, heard anyone pronounce the word "pleb" the way Ian did in this episode. "Pleeb"? "Pleebian"? The fuck?

I assume there'll be no ManUps this week?

J-Skee

They had an amusing incident on the Final Fantasy VII stream last night. For context, since that is very important to Gametrailers, Kyle was meeting a friend at the airport, but they had been delayed so he was sitting in on the stream until he arrived and they were going to go and eat together. Because of this, he was refusing to eat the offered Cinnastix from their pizza order. The chat were unhappy with this, and there were many demands and strawpolls.

Meanwhile, they had been trying to find Yuffie for a long, long time. For whatever reason, despite being in the right place, Yuffie just wasn't popping. So, in these frustrated circumstances, Kyle decides to make a bet...

That was glorious.

tok9

Saw it was an hour and 45 mins long, was delighted. Went to check how much was archive footage... an hour worth :(

Top Bottom