• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

Megasoum

Banned
Hey guys I have a quick question that is somewhat...kind of...related to Gametrailers lol.

I used to watch the Epic Battle Axe podcast back in the days (like 4-5 years ago) and I remember really liking the heavy metal song they were using back then for the theme but I can't remember the title.

Anybody know?

Edit: Nvm, I asked Daniel Kayser directly on twitter lol. It's Eye for an Eye from Entombed

I'm watching the Mandatory Update episode and it's really great. Especially the demo part at the beginning is really relevant to me right now. I just got a PS4 and because the mailmen are on strike, I'm still waiting for for my games to arrive (Bloodborne and Driveclub). So I went to the PS store and checked the demo section and I was shocked by the lack of demos! There are like 24 or something game demos and it feels like 10 of them are fricking Lego games! What the hell?

I remember back then, when I got my 360 in 2006 and the PS3 in 2009,the first thing I always did was download a bunch of demos. Heck, demo releases were still an event. Dead Rising? Lost Planet? Awesome!

Out of sheer boredom and disappointment I downloaded the Destiny "demo". I can't say I was happy about it, when I had to download a 6.9 GB patch, after finishing the download of the demo (or rather the full game with limited access) itself and then had to wait another while for the 21GB install.

That really made me less excited about jumping into this new generation.

Their Thursday playthrough of FFVII has been amazing, I love Ben's passion for the game; it's such a chilled atmosphere they have, they enjoy the game. Love the GT guys!

Hasney

Just got around to Tabletop Adventures and it was all just so so brilliant. I love how Hoggar seems to have semi-evlolved and now mecha Andry is just going to fuck everything up. Amazing ending too, I really hope no-one tweets what happened at Ian or Kyle.

It's really great the way Kyle has made the character Andree his own. I think in the beginning he didn't click with her because he was the only one stuck using a premade character instead of creating one like the other were able to. It took him a bit to figure out what was interesting about her and how she fit into this group.

Auctopus

Just got around to Tabletop Adventures and it was all just so so brilliant. I love how Hoggar seems to have semi-evlolved and now mecha Andry is just going to fuck everything up. Amazing ending too, I really hope no-one tweets what happened at Ian or Kyle.

I immediately thought that when Ben told Ian to not watch the episode upon upload. Hopefully nobody does.

Coxy

Their Thursday playthrough of FFVII has been amazing, I love Ben's passion for the game; it's such a chilled atmosphere they have, they enjoy the game. Love the GT guys!

I'm really surpised and psyched to hear them talking about JRPGs through it too
never expected to hear chat about stuff like Panzer Dragoon Saga but it brought a huge smile to my face to hear it mentioned

Umibozu

Do these get uploaded to the site? Not seeing them jump out at me...
No, they generally don't get uploaded to their website or youtube. I think bloodworth at some point remarked about how it was difficult to put up on those sites, so full playthrough fridays would stay twitch exclusive. It was surprising that the first part of the final fantasy playthrough got put up onto youtube.

E3 made me more aware of them and now they're my favorites. They seem to actually love videogames.

I get excited for every video they upload, they've cultivated a great crew that enjoys games, offers in-depth discussion about games and just love playing video games. I never get the feeling that they're too distracted by their job to enjoy games, but they actually talk about and enjoy, games like friends would talk about them. It's so chill.

No, they generally don't get uploaded to their website or youtube. I think bloodworth at some point remarked about how it was difficult to put up on those sites, so full playthrough fridays would stay twitch exclusive. It was surprising that the first part of the final fantasy playthrough got put up onto youtube.

I'm switching gears on the archiving actually. Going to try to put up ONLY the full playthrough stuff. Feels more worthwhile than a random hour of a game.

sora87

The first part of the FF VII playthrough is on their Gt reviews page
edit - should read the rest of the replies first :B

Umibozu

that twitch quiplash show just now was really fun, I was paying a lot more attention than I normally would because of the audience participation. Hope they try similar things in the future.

I get excited for every video they upload, they've cultivated a great crew that enjoys games, offers in-depth discussion about games and just love playing video games. I never get the feeling that they're too distracted by their job to enjoy games, but they actually talk about and enjoy, games like friends would talk about them. It's so chill.

Huber is pretty much me personality wise. I don't piss and moan about shit, I don't have time for that. It's all about enjoying life and if something ends up not being good, whatever. So I guess I can relate to him and Kyle as well.

The have all bases cover with their diverse cast.
Kinda Funny games gets really frustrating when they clearly know nothing about the games and companies they sometimes cover. Colin being the exception, but it then becomes a monologue.

In gametrailers, no matter which game they're tackling, you can count on at least 2 or 3 people having a passionate discussion about it. Absolutely loving the content. Thanks to all the staff.

Huber is pretty much me personality wise. I don't piss and moan about shit, I don't have time for that. It's all about enjoying life and if something ends up not being good, whatever. So I guess I can relate to him and Kyle as well.

Whilst I can understand that, when something is not good for crappy reasons, people have a right to bitch and moan. Huber is chill, as is most of the crew, luckily however the rest do offer valid critique of crappy practises in games, or games that are crappy -- especially Bloodworth.

They need to cultivate that chill atmosphere anyway, these types of videos aren't the place to piss and moan anyway, so I'm glad they don't do it, and their personalities fit perfectly into the themes of these videos!

The have all bases cover with their diverse cast.
Kinda Funny games gets really frustrating when they clearly know nothing about the games and companies they sometimes cover. Colin being the exception, but it then becomes a monologue.

In gametrailers, no matter which game they're tackling, you can count on at least 2 or 3 people having a passionate discussion about it. Absolutely loving the content. Thanks to all the staff.

Kinda Funny are limited in the aspect that only Colin and Greg game regularly, so they're left with two others that don't game much and aren't as well-versed with the gaming industry/culture. It ends up becoming dictatorial in terms of opinion -- especially as Colin dictates discussion. This is similar to Giant Bomb nowadays too, they're monotonous in their lack of diversity with Jeff and Brad essentially dominating discussion.

I'm super glad I've found GT to be the antithesis of this, utilising their diverse tastes and staff for every playthrough so as to offer something different every time.

Sadly the Resident Evil 3 FPF is gone. Dat was some good stuff with Ben playing it for the first time.
Yeah.. Its a shame. Definitely one of their best streams, especially for me, since the HuberHype™ during both their RE streams got me to play the first three Resident Evils

...good thing I backed them up to my hard drive :3

sora87

I've still got Kyle's outlast stream he did late at night in the empty offices bookmarked on my Twitch :eek: forgot all about it

Loved Quiplash, poor benson though :(

I'm mostly shocked there hasn't been any classic Mario Party streams (None of that MP10 shit). Would be a perfect game to stream a few times especially how good they managed to make the Monopoly streams.

I only just started watching these Tabletop videos since GT's stellar E3 coverage (I need to compliment them every chance I get now per my contract with Defy Media* and Crystal Pepsi**)... and this was no exception. This was hilarious.

But I feel bad for the creator of those sweet figurines. They just got them and now they are all outdated... except maybe Ian's.

*No actual contract
**Verbal contract from 1992

The Shenmue episode
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png

EDIT: I think the 4:3 was intentional

Eidan

How is business going for GT? I love the damn site, and have consistently been worried about their wellbeing after seeing a year's worth of layoffs there. I know they got a lot of attention since the Sony conference.

How is business going for GT? I love the damn site, and have consistently been worried about their wellbeing after seeing a year's worth of layoffs there. I know they got a lot of attention since the Sony conference.

I'm assuming it's doing alright. They seem to have gotten on a really good track with daily content and the people who are there now seem happy on camera. I have a feeling that now that the fanbase is growing again after E3, they're going to have some openings that people can apply for. Would LOVE to work with them.

Top Bottom