• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

Axass

I'm assuming it's doing alright. They seem to have gotten on a really good track with daily content and the people who are there now seem happy on camera. I have a feeling that now that the fanbase is growing again after E3, they're going to have some openings that people can apply for. Would LOVE to work with them.

It sure is. I've been watching trailers on GT ever since 2006 (Killzone 2 and Crysis come to mind), then I mainly used it for the awesome video reviews, never been into the weekly shows though. Then I started watching Bosman, but again shunned the other shows. Now though I started watching everything they throw at me: GT Time, Mandatory Update, Huber Hype...

The crew is all so likeable and you can feel they love gaming.

Havent checked their youtube channell, but their daily streams have alot more viewers than usual.

It used to be like 150-300, now its like 600-1000 depending on what they are doing.

Heartfyre

I miss Trailer Score. I forgot how much of a black hole E3 is for trailers, sucking in everything that comes in the weeks after, but it's been nearly a month since the show, and there's not been any Trailer Scores since.

I miss Trailer Score. I forgot how much of a black hole E3 is for trailers, sucking in everything that comes in the weeks after, but it's been nearly a month since the show, and there's not been any Trailer Scores since.

They did some trailer scores during their streams and they've released a few on youtube like FF7 and Dishonred.

recorded two new episodes today! please be excited!

Bought Her story after watching the just played. Looks fascinating.

Also a fun huber hype. And being a new GT crew fan I'm going back and watching the start of tabletop adventures. On episode 3. It's interesting to see the start after jumping into ep 31 last week

tok9

I bought Her Story too. I just kept hearing so much about it and when Blood mentioned it as a Book Club I said fine I'm buying this! :)

Probably the first game I've properly gone out and bought on PC since I don't have a gaming PC.

Woodchipper

Huber is sort a new idol of mine after E3. I didn't know about any of these guys before, although I've watched trailers on GT for years!

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
recorded two new episodes today! please be excited!

Any plans to go back to some of the 'old' E3 trailers like XCOM, Hitman or Ghost Recon? Maybe in a "traditional" episode just talking about the rest in one video instead of focusing on each of them separately? You guys missed a LOT of trailers, just sayin :p

TheHall

@yosp just tweeted his love for Kyle

45W7jDy.gif

Huber is sort a new idol of mine after E3. I didn't know about any of these guys before, although I've watched trailers on GT for years!

Agreed. GT also kind of killed my love for GiantBomb. In this day and age, it is SO refreshing seeing excited, nonjaded, passionate people.

I think I'm just at an age now where I can't stand pessimism 24/7. My life is up and down as it is, it's nice playing games and enjoying them for what they are. Entertainment...

Sami+

Late on this, but the newest Tabletop is easily the best episode yet. So, so good. Up to this point my favorite would have to have been the episode where Spervince was introduced, so I was amazed to see that get topped lol.

I think I've been watching TOO much GT lately. I actually had a dream that I was playing an early access version of Shenmue 3 with Bosman last night.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Just made this. Kyle Smugface strikes again ( ͡ ° ͜ʖ ͡°)

3oP1whz.gif

Agreed. GT also kind of killed my love for GiantBomb. In this day and age, it is SO refreshing seeing excited, nonjaded, passionate people.

I think I'm just at an age now where I can't stand pessimism 24/7. My life is up and down as it is, it's nice playing games and enjoying them for what they are. Entertainment...

I got to that stage not too long ago. Cleaned up my Twitter feed, deleted a lot of people off Facebook, etc. GT keeps it real when games and related media suck, but still gets excited when good things happen in the industry.

tok9

They had GT Time live 2 hours ago. I only noticed it now. :(

It's actually a great time too as it's about 8pm here when it starts and I imagine it's still during the day for most of the US.

sora87

That 7 hour Shenmue 2 finale was emotional. Seeing the ending again really made it sink in how important it is that 3 is happening.

Heartfyre

They had GT Time live 2 hours ago. I only noticed it now. :(

It's actually a great time too as it's about 8pm here when it starts and I imagine it's still during the day for most of the US.

Darn, you're right. Twitch never sent out an email alert to me. A great time for Europe, though, I agree. Hopefully something they'll do on the regular. While I love watching their streams live, they're always at an impossible time for anyone with a healthy circadian rhythm, unlike myself currently.

Mikey Jr.

If I wanted to watch the full shenmue 1 and 2 playthroughs, how would I go about doing this?

I know I would have to search through twitch, but is there an easier way?

edit: Actually, I cant find the shenmue 1 stream....

Rockk

Oh wow, possibly only one more episode of Tabletop Adventure. I really hope they start another adventure with new characters. It's been quite the ride! And I'd love to see the approach you guys have after completing your first successful campaign.

Tsosie

I know Tabletop Adventures is not video game related, but I really hope that they keep this show running. I watch/listen to a handful of Tabletop podcasts, it is nice to see a group that plays that I identify with outside of just D&D.

Sami+

I know Tabletop Adventures is not video game related, but I really hope that they keep this show running. I watch/listen to a handful of Tabletop podcasts, it is nice to see a group that plays that I identify with outside of just D&D.

Can you name drop some other good ones? Would love some similar stuff.

sora87

Oh wow, possibly only one more episode of Tabletop Adventure. I really hope they start another adventure with new characters. It's been quite the ride! And I'd love to see the approach you guys have after completing your first successful campaign.

I think Brad and Brandon want in when they do their next one, both have expressed desire to feature

Only watched the first 40 minutes of Tabletop so far and it seems pretty clear to me that Ian watched last week's ending. He mentions Lalia's liking for women about twice in the first 5 minutes, and then again a few times later.

I'm gonna recommend one if that's okay: Video game voice actors play D&D

I couldn't get into Critical Role or Will Wheaton's new TitansGrave show. Both left me pretty cold. They felt, I don't know, Juvenile? Like, the first three episodes of TitansGrave have revolved around some stupid beer supply plot. And the first thing that happens in Critical Role is a couple characters enthusiastically visit a brothel. That kind of stuff may have been illicit fun when playing these games as a kid, but I don't know why grown-ass adults need to role play about that stuff.

TitansGrave also feels overly directed, and they edit the life out of these sessions. A lot of what is fun and interesting about Tabletop Adventures is how messy it is as the gang wrestle with rules, come up with competing plans and try to feel out each other's characters.

But maybe Tabletop Adventures just ruined me for other DnD/RPG shows. The character and relationship RP is just next level, especially what Elyse has done.

PS4 has no games, stopped watching after that sentiment. Its alwayse Ellyse that brings this wrong shit up.

She's not completely wrong.

A couple of remaster collections and Until Dawn are probably the only notable exclusive releases for the rest of the year.

So only one new game.

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and Dragon Quest aren't huge games.

Hasney

A couple of remaster collections and Until Dawn are probably the only notable exclusive releases for the rest of the year.

So only one new game.

She isn't, but I think for clarifications sake people should really start saying Sony has no games. PS4 has a metric shitton of games that I have no hope to play them all.

BreakAtmo

So only one new game.

Sure, if you arbitrarily restrict things to 'this year', but then you're ignoring Uncharted 4 coming probably around March. Not to mention that since last holidays, the PS4 has had GGXrd, LBP3, Order 1886 and Bloodborne, compared to X1 getting... Screamride. Likely because MS blew their load on the holidays with 3 games all at once. Neither console lacks games, things seem to go back and forth.

Also I think you're being unfair to the remasters. Literally millions of PS4 owners - roughly half the install base from what I've heard - never owned a PS3, so stuff like GOW3R and the NDC are basically new games for them.

So only one new game.

Then what about, Persona 5, The Tomorrow Chilren, No Man's Sky, SOMA, Salt and Sanctuary and Rime ? That's the one's that are popping into my head right now, I am sure there are more.

Just because a game isn't big for you doesn't mean PS4 has no games coming, which is simply not true. I think it has more games than Xbox One and Wii U combindes this late summer and fall.

Sure, if you arbitrarily restrict things to 'this year', but then you're ignoring Uncharted 4 coming probably around March. Not to mention that since last holidays, the PS4 has had GGXrd, LBP3, Order 1886 and Bloodborne, compared to X1 getting... Screamride. Likely because MS blew their load on the holidays with 3 games all at once. Neither console lacks games, things seem to go back and forth.

Also I think you're being unfair to the remasters. Literally millions of PS4 owners - roughly half the install base from what I've heard - never owned a PS3, so stuff like GOW3R and the NDC are basically new games for them.

But that was her point. Sony doesn't have much for the rest of the year which is why they are going ahead with a Call of Duty BETA.

No one is poking fun at Sony or the PS4 here. This really doesn't need to be turned into a console war.

Then what about, Persona 5, The Tomorrow Chilren, No Man's Sky, SOMA, Salt and Sanctuary and Rime ? That's the one's that are popping into my head right now, I am sure there are more.

Just because a game isn't big for you doesn't mean PS4 has no games coming, which is simply not true. I think it has more games than Xbox One and Wii U combindes this late summer and fall.

This year! This year! 2015!

Edit: Sorry, Persona 5 is this year isn't it?

No Man's Sky and Rime aren't though right?

Pappasman

The "well you're the one who started this conversation" segment this week was really weird. A lot of inconsistent jumps in logic and conversation led to them to a bunch of messy talking points and getting a lot of stuff wrong/not making any sense. I want to listen to that again and collect my thoughts on the topic.

Top Bottom