• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaze upon with thine eyen that webcomic which doth please us. Yea, verily.

25830gg.jpg

andthebeatgoeson

Alex P said:
Alright everyone, I've been working with Tyler the past couple of weeks, helping him redesign and promote the site.

We're just officially bringing the new design live now; I hope you'll all agree it's a vast improvement (there are a few changes left though, so please don't freak out if something temporarily malfunctions in the next couple of days). If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

In case you're thick and need the address, it's Castle-Vidcons.com (You might need to Ctrl+R to see the new site).

Glad to see (almost) everyone has been liking the comics. We're both in this for the long haul and have some big plans for the future...It won't be long before we've got a Castle-Vidcons turn-based adventure game on Xbox Live.

Anyway, Tyler has been joyously keeping an eye on this thread and asked me to post this.

-AP
You guys rock. We request more.

Ramenman

Father_Brain said:
It looks like a C. Is there something else I'm missing?

Capricom. With the Capcom C.

And King Wii being the only one to receive the blessings he asks for, even though Lord PS3 and Lord 360 also are waiting for it.

Some thread on the first page.

Ramenman said:
Capricom. With the Capcom C.

And King Wii being the only one to receive the blessings he asks for, even though Lord PS3 and Lord 360 also are waiting for it.

Some thread on the first page.

Yeah, I got that. Just wanted to be sure.

Aeris130

Ramenman said:

Seems to me that lord Wii is the only one of the three not asking for it, but getting it anyway. He's just standing there arms behind his back, while soaking in it.

Davidion

Attention to details, timely little vignettes on recent industry happenings, plus adopting it all into a medieval theme.

I have to say, regardless of whether or not it's video game related, it's a nice execution of a comic idea that eschews the typical me-too line of thinking of many of its peers by taking just a small sidestep. Nice stuff.

Alex P

HamPster or anyone else who had rendering issues in IE or another browser, would you kindly check now and get back to me with a prognosis?

EDIT- By the way, if there any web designers in the house who want to learn a trick, it wasn't because everyone's screen resolution is too narrow (the site width is fine at 960px), it's that the comic is placed in a container that's only 600px wide. Obviously, a lot of the comics are actually wider than that, so .entry img is set to 'max-width: 600px;' which will scale the image down automagically.

At least in IE7, Opera, and Firefox. IE6 and below don't like max- and min- properties, but there's a pretty easy hack for them:

width:expression(document.body.clientWidth > 603? "603px": "auto" )!important;

So if that worked for people, we're in good shape. If it didn't, I just made myself look very foolish.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So which consoles have yet to make an appearance so far? PS1 and N64? I'm sure there's more...

Neomoto

Well I do have a problem with the site, there aren't enough new comics on it ;-)

Hehe, the new site looks pretty good. But it wasn't untill the second time I went back (for the logo as someone mentioned in a post) that I saw the searchbox, perhaps a better place would be inside the comic container at the top right?

The Hermit

What amazes me is the detail of each panel.
I got the joke since he said Capricom and I knew about MM9, but then someone mentioned the head (the C from the logo) and the fact that the animal is not a lion (it´s, of course, a Capricorn).

Also the thunder that ressurected PS3 is shaped as Kojima Productions´s fox, and if it wasn´t for someone who pointed that out I would completly miss it.

Really, it´s too fucking amazing. The last few comics were ace.

lyre

HamPster PamPster said:
Fantastic - could have used someone in the stocks next to the SNES controller - who else has upset the mighty King Wii lately?
Not happening, unfortunately; they're either lords or dead or both.

Also, the craftsman is not an SNES controller; he's an NES controller, the one that was packed into a top-loading redesigned NES.

Ramenman

Aeris130 said:
Seems to me that lord Wii is the only one of the three not asking for it, but getting it anyway. He's just standing there arms behind his back, while soaking in it.

Oh snap you're right, I somehow thought it was Lord Wii in the first panel. Don't know if it's my eyes or my memory that was faulty when I wrote this post.

It's better that way indeed :p

andthebeatgoeson

To the retards like me:
DS is getting Chrono Trigger. Wii is not. King Wii is battling the Xbox heckler for favorite character.

If the author is reading, we need to see more of the heckler.

'Oi, thy kingdom is last generation' Fricken hilarious.

Darkpen

Banned
ohhhhhh, lol. its CT :lol

I had to google search this thread to see if anyone had figured it out :lol omg, I"m so slow D:

Top Bottom