• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaze upon with thine eyen that webcomic which doth please us. Yea, verily.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
He could just be referring to him generally as grandfather. Not that it mattering enough to ruin the strip

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
HK-47 said:
He could just be referring to him generally as grandfather. Not that it mattering enough to ruin the strip
Yeah, it's not too unsual to refer to a great-grandfather as plain "grandfather" at times. And besides, who's to say that the N64 didn't enjoy CT anyway? ;)

Hunahan

Banned
Huh. Maybe I'm just looking for more than is meant.

So modern-Mac is looking for a video game, has such poor understanding of them that he mistakes Lady Wiimote for software....gets touched, that's it...?

I guess I'm just too used to the comic being wrapped around modern events. Was trying to figure out if there was some Mac/Wii news that would give it a deeper meaning...

The Hermit

Waikis said:
Wouldn't Wii's grandfather be N64? : p

Weird, his original comic in the SA forum had great-grandfather... but, still I think he meant grandfather as in general too.

and :lol at Mac! he´s so desperate...

I wish we could see more of lord 360... I would LOVE to see what are you guys going to make when the 360mote is revealed! :D

Flynn

Hunahan said:

So modern-Mac is looking for a video game, has such poor understanding of them that he mistakes Lady Wiimote for software....gets touched, that's it...?

I guess I'm just too used to the comic being wrapped around modern events. Was trying to figure out if there was some Mac/Wii news that would give it a deeper meaning...

I'd read it this way. Apple is so inexperienced with games that it's like a fumbling, but well meaning lech. It sees lady Wii and can barely contain himself (re: Apple's recent embrace of motion controls and gaming) like a dude who hasn't seen a girl in ages. The Wii, like any hi-falutin' lady is disgusted by his overeager display.

Alex P

Flynn said:
I'd read it this way. Apple is so inexperienced with games that it's like a fumbling, but well meaning lech. It sees lady Wii and can barely contain himself (re: Apple's recent embrace of motion controls and gaming) like a dude who hasn't seen a girl in ages. The Wii, like any hi-falutin' lady is disgusted by his overeager display.

Oh, you're good...

:D

lyre

This new strip could also be a parody of our very own off-topic forum, however, I really shouldn't think that, cause that's just mean. :lol

Oh God these comics are brilliant. :lol I just read through them all! The CT and MM9 ones are just too amazing. :lol Site is bookmarked for future lols.

szaromir

Banned
Hunahan said:

He obviously laughed at video game nerds more than anything:D

zoku88

ImNotLikeThem said:
Duck Hunt: stupid annoying dog laughed at him, he blew it up.
Oooh. I didn't notice that he blew it up of all things :lol I couldn't tell what was happening :lol :lol :lol

Zyzyxxz

Raggy said:
not funny for me at least.

the duck hunt one?

I think its alright, does strike me personally because as a child I was a terrible shot at light gun games at first (I needed glasses but not to the point of requiring them).

I always hated that stupid dog that laughed at me.

RagnarokX

Well, it's a hunchback of notre dame parody. The imac does give the impression of a hunchback. Other than that it appears to just be a general stab at Apple and their quest to know the fair touch of software.

Ramenman said:
New one.

The Xbox guy really cracks me up everytime he gets here to rain on King Wii's Parade.

"But I hear thy mother was two Gamecube's fixed together with adhesive !"

King Wii just kills everybody who's even remotely in his path, but for some reason this guy always manages to sneak up :D

Edit : How come I had missed this one ?? It's genius ! http://www.castle-vidcons.com/comics/2008/06/cv0027.gif :lol

"Thou silence"?

Shouldn't it be thy or thine, not thou?

Great as usual, though. :)

xintin

i just realized that when reading these, Lord Wii's voice is Darth Vader's in my head.
...and now he scares me all the further ;-;

agrajag

Banned
Doesn't look right on my browser:

vidconbug.jpg

agrajag

Banned
saw that coming from a mile away. I'm sure the website designer doesn't care that his page doesn't look right on the browser used by the majority of people.</sarcasm>

It looks fine on my Firefox, btw, but don't you think the webmaster would like his site to run smoothly on all browsers? Think next time before you try to be a smart alec on the internet.

agrajag said:
saw that coming from a mile away. I'm sure the website designer doesn't care that his page doesn't look right on the browser used by the majority of people.</sarcasm>

It looks fine on my Firefox, btw, but don't you think the webmaster would like his site to run smoothly on all browsers? Think next time before you try to be a smart alec on the internet.

No, it was a good answer. IE is a bad browser. It's IE's fault for using its own standards, not the websites'... Microsoft always wants to do things its own way, not the agreed upon one. Doesn't mean everyone needs to follow them.

Alex P

agrajag said:

Yeah, that website designer is a real douche.

agrajag

Banned
A Black Falcon said:
No, it was a good answer. IE is a bad browser. It's IE's fault for using its own standards, not the websites'... Microsoft always wants to do things its own way, not the agreed upon one. Doesn't mean everyone needs to follow them.

No, it wasn't a good answer, and you're missing the point as well. Whether IE is a bad browser or not is irrelevant. It's the web designer's job to make sure the site is compatible with every browser. There are ways to make the layout acceptable on both IE and other browsers.

Alex P

agrajag said:
No, it wasn't a good answer, and you're missing the point as well. Whether IE is a bad browser or not is irrelevant. It's the web designer's job to make sure the site is compatible with every browser. There are ways to make the layout acceptable on both IE and other browsers.

You're absolutely right. I didn't have the time to finish perfecting the design because another project came up and then I left for California.

As soon as I get back home to NY, I'm fixing various bugs on the site.

Alex P

agrajag said:

And by the way, reloading the page fixes it.

agrajag

Banned
Alex P said:
And by the way, reloading the page fixes it.

Sweet, you rock!

edit: BTW, I didn't mean any of my comments to reflect negatively on your work, what I meant in my comment to the other poster was that you would care about bugs in the code, whether on IE, or on Opera, or Safari.

Alex P

agrajag said:
Sweet, you rock!

edit: BTW, I didn't mean any of my comments to reflect negatively on your work, what I meant in my comment to the other poster was that you would care about bugs in the code, whether on IE, or on Opera, or Safari.

Trust me, I understand. I'm a big web standards whore too usually, but like I said, circumstances prevented me from debugging the site as thoroughly as I would have liked before bringing it live.

With that said, I fucking loathe IE and wish everyone would just switch to Firefox already. :D

agrajag

Banned
I use both. I like using IE sometimes because the tab function is more convenient on it, even though IE is buggy as hell in general. Though I don't have the most current version of Firefox, maybe the tabs are different now.

For Death_Born:

lol.jpg

;-)

agrajag

Banned
The best thing is that Tyler just cleverly recaps things that are happening in the video game industry. The humor is all there already! Denis Dyack should be a character, even though he's not a console.

Top Bottom