• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

jdub03

Do you guys know if blockbuster gets the midnight launch codes for the golden Hammerburst? I hate Gamestop and i don't think the best buy near me stays open for a midnight launch.

Aladuf

Banned
_dementia said:
You work on Satudays?

I keep forgetting how lucky I am having weekends off at my age.
Yeah, just a normal shitty job while in college, I don't work any specific days so weekends are always fair game to work.

Arnie

Haha I am taking Friday off college despite having a full day of classes, and I quit my shitty weekend job about 2 weeks ago so I won't have to work Friday night or Saturday.

The launch trailer was unbelievable(If also slightly spoilerific), I had 3 messages on XBL from friends who wanted to tell me how excited they were for Gears 2 after seeing it. Bring on Re-Emergence day.

Skilotonn said:
I wanna watch the review, but I think I'll wait till I beat the Campaign first...

Oh and I just realized that I never posted a pic of the Gears 2 beanie I got from the European LE pre-order kit - it's high-quality, maybe I'll post a pic of it later tonight or so...

It is, since pirates worldwide are using it, plus every MS-published game is region-free from the US...
I might aswell link my post from the October pickup thead where I posted a few pictures of said beanie.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13215081&postcount=522

Wizman23

Banned
So what does everyone plan on doing first at about 12:30 AM next Friday (I'm assuming most of us are going to the MN launch)

I think I'm going to go with campaign. It just looks so fucking "EPIC"...no pun intended:D

Costanza

Banned
fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck gamestop isn't taking preorders on the LE anymore. I knew I should have gone in sooner :(

Does anyone know if Wal-mart will have the LE? Otherwise I'll have to go into BB as soon as they open next Friday...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I wish the places around here were doing a midnight launch, my school has been on strike so if it keeps up I'll have a solid week off after getting it. :lol

Teknoman

Just like with Resistance 2, i'll be spending launch day and possibly most of the day afterwards in single player. Co-op in either is fair game though, since R2 has a totally different co-op senario, and Gears 2 makes you want to experience the game both in single player and in co-op.

Shins

Banned
Aladuf said:
continue.png
REMOVE THIS SELF-INDULGENT DECADENCE I COMMAND THEE
2i92kwh.gif

mattso

I've been on the fence about buying an xbox360 for awhile now.

This game has pushed me over the edge and I think I will after the semester is over.

JimiNutz

Banned
Domino Theory said:
To NutJob: @ 1:22 of that trailer you posted.

Looks like
his dad
to me. Just a strong guess.

Yeah I see what you mean, it does look like it could be him. Well spotted :D

I got friday, saturday, and sunday off from work to commit at least 30 hours towards GOW2. I prefer to play games starting at 3 or 4 in the morning. No body's going to fuck with me that early in the morning. Will be at the midnight launch at Gamestop in Compton, CA. I'm going to roadie run to and from my car just in case some shit go down in the area.

Costanza said:
fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck gamestop isn't taking preorders on the LE anymore. I knew I should have gone in sooner :(

Does anyone know if Wal-mart will have the LE? Otherwise I'll have to go into BB as soon as they open next Friday...

I had the same problem. Amazon still has them. It's like $6 for release day delivery.

Jtyettis said:
What is the embargoe for the reviews? When should we expect the flood?

Hopefully soon. Gametrailers accidentally put the link for their review up on the frontpage briefly earlier today, but it didn't link anywhere. They might have just been really premature though.

Sailor

I just found out I have no school Thursday or Friday due to some NJ statewide school convention thing. Midnight launch here I come! :D

jdub03

Any chance amazon will deliver early? All LE editions at Gamestop are bought up. I really don't care about the golden Hammerburst if I cant get the golden lancer so i bought it off amazon. It sucks that gamestop is the only one doing this.

MercuryLS

Banned
I can't believe that there's only a week left to wait, then son after we et Mirror's Edge, then after that we get Left 4 Dead. November rocks.

Aladuf

Banned
MercuryLS said:
I can't believe that there's only a week left to wait, then son after we et Mirror's Edge, then after that we get Left 4 Dead. November rocks.
Both of those should be great games but I won't get a chance to play them at all because of Gears 2. The only other game I care about this fall is Prince of Persia, that will actually take me away from Gears for a little while when it comes out because it looks so good.

bumpkin

Jtyettis said:
What is the embargoe for the reviews? When should we expect the flood?
If you are waiting for a review to decide whether or not to get the game, just pass on it. You're obviously not a fan of the series. Besides, you know the conclusion of the reviews will have the line "if you're a fan of the original, you'll love the sequel" or perhaps "it is indeed bigger and more bad-ass."

Costanza

Banned
Pai Pai Master said:
I had the same problem. Amazon still has them. It's like $6 for release day delivery.
oh yah i forgot i had a prime trial

so it's free release date delivery and no tax

nice, probably going to just do this.

Frester

_dementia said:
No Friday classes here either.
I took Friday off work too!

My first semester in college I had no Friday classes, haven't been able to arrange my schedule like that since. But I have a 4 hour gap until my next (and last) class of the day :D

Costanza said:
oh yah i forgot i had a prime trial

so it's free release date delivery and no tax

nice, probably going to just do this.

Other stores will have it too.

Circuit City is giving 1600 free points with purchase of Gears 2. Canceled my LE preorder at Amazon; I'm gonna go in at opening on friday and get it there.

Frester said:
My first semester in college I had no Friday classes, haven't been able to arrange my schedule like that since. But I have a 4 hour gap until my next (and last) class of the day :D

I only have a single class on Friday. I might skip.

Costanza

Banned
Pai Pai Master said:
Other stores will have it too.

Circuit City is giving 1600 free points with purchase of Gears 2. Canceled my LE preorder at Amazon; I'm gonna go in at opening on friday and get it there.
Eh, if I'm not getting it at midnight I'd rather just save the 5 bucks tax and not have to make a trip in the morning.

FrankT

bumpkin said:
If you are waiting for a review to decide whether or not to get the game, just pass on it. You're obviously not a fan of the series. Besides, you know the conclusion of the reviews will have the line "if you're a fan of the original, you'll love the sequel" or perhaps "it is indeed bigger and more bad-ass."

Haha, try again. This has been on reserve and paid for a very long time my friend. I'll be in line at midnight next Thursday night, heh. Of course I always enjoy at least reading the reviews.

Spoo

Was lucky enough to walk into my GameCrazy and pre-order the CE :D

Very excited. Loved the first, and the second looks like more of the first, and then some. Super, exactly what I want in a sequel.

Top Bottom