• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2: Real-Emergence Thread of Cubed Meat - HD Gameplay up!

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Flamethrowers! Awesome. We talked about it (in this thread? Or the one before this one) but I didn't really expect them. Awesome work Cliffy!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Sweet.

Merciful.

Crap.

If it weren't for Ninja Gaiden II, Gears 2 would be a clear GOTY 2008 winner with no contest for me based on all that jaw-dropping info alone... well, let me put it this way, it is my clear multiplayer GOTY 2008... hot. damn.

Flamethrower.
Meatflag.
Ghost cam.
Proximity mine frags.
Wingman.
SCREENSHOTS.
MATCHMAKING.

All that better be real.

Velocity

Am I the only one that's just a wee bit uneasy about Gears 2 multiplayer after reading that list?

I'm really hoping Epic pulls it off, but some of the stuff in there just sounds more complicated than it needs to be. On the other hand, some of the stuff in there sounds downright awesome.

VaLiancY

I'm very pleased.

ab21aa87c12d40fullac0.jpg

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Hammer24 said:
In this very thread! They said they´d make the achievements count no matter if you play SP, COOP or MP. *does-the-happy-dance*

Edit:

Read here:
There's just time for a few questions, starting with one about how the Achievements system will work this time around. "I don't want to get into too much of the multiplayer right now, but one thing I can confirm is we are doing Achievement progress," he says. "So players can track how far they're getting with each Achievement in whatever mode.

"We're also going to be throttling the amount of Achievements players can get at any given point." For example, if you're going for headshots, only the first headshot will count when you're in multiplayer mode. "The others won't count, so players won't be able to rock the system and play at getting headshots the entire round just to get their Achievement," explains Bleszinski, before adding that you'll be able to get all Achievements whether in single-player, multiplayer or co-op.
Thank God they're getting rid of the achievement farming from multi.

-New gametype 'meatflag' sort of like CTF but epic have done this in their own way. The flag will instead be character wandering around the centre of the map. He has his own weapons and even a place on the leaderboard.
To capture him you will need to down him and pick him up as a meatshield and take him back, slowly, to your base. If you shoot the meatflag enough times while he's being dragged back to base, his captor will loose him and he'll go crazy on everyone around him.

:lol

LTTP but HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Skilotonn said:
Sweet.

Merciful.

Crap.

If it weren't for Ninja Gaiden II, Gears 2 would be a clear GOTY 2008 winner with no contest for me based on all that jaw-dropping info alone... well, let me put it this way, it is my clear multiplayer GOTY 2008... hot. damn.

Flamethrower.
Meatflag.
Ghost cam.
Proximity mine frags.
Wingman.
SCREENSHOTS.
MATCHMAKING.

All that better be real.

<Apharmd Battler passes out due to information overload and combined feelings of euphoria..similar to the religious experience termed "catching the holy ghost">

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I hope all this is 100% real and the GT messenger isn't pulling stuff from his ass. If so, this shit needs a seperate thread to make people aware of the awesome

jet1911

-On games with no respawn, when you are dead you can fly around the map as a "ghost cam". You can even take screenshots that will be uploaded to the community.

This thread will be beautiful. :lol

CliffyB

Playah
Gears of War 2

- if you play the entire main campaign in co-op, there will be special cut-scenes and decisions that will affect the game various endings.

- Different difficulty settings for each player in co-op

- the length of the campaign will be around 15 hours

- a new stamina bar will determine for how long your character can run and fight, the lower the stamina, the worse your performance will be.

- a new boss called "acheron" revealed. it looks like a gargantuan mammoth that the locust use in order to destroy large vehicles

- new multiplayer mode called "ordeal", it's a mission where you compete to see who kills 100 enemies first.

- new multiplayer mode called "en-garde", chainsaws only!

- notable graphical improvements in terms of lighting and amount of enemies on screen.

This guy's making shit up.

Aladuf

Banned
HOLY FUCKING SHIT AT THESE DETAILS!!!!!!!!

So Awesome... so fucking awesome.

GOTF that's all I can say.

CliffyB said:
This guy's making shit up.

Something about that didn't seem right anyways, and the fact that skip said that the other stuff that the guy posted about MGS4 reviews and all that was a lie too. I wasn't sure about it.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
FirewalkR said:
Meatflag is like one of the most awesome things I've ever read. :D

Is the list Cliffy called fake... _completely_ fake?

No, some things are true (e.g. different difficulty for each co-op player)

-Assasination gametype altered. everyone respawns until their leader is dead. when the leader is killed they stop rewpawing and the game ends when everyone is dead on one team.
If true, lame.

Cliffy, please give those whom actually liked the original Assassination, the option to play it without respawns (even if the leader isn't dead yet).

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
MicVlaD said:
If true, lame.

Cliffy, please give those whom actually liked the original Assassination, the option to play it without respawns (even if the leader isn't dead yet).

I think that this makes Assassination, or rather 'Guardian' ten times better...it's gonna be a mode I actually play now.

Damn this game is going to fucking own my soul, as if Gears doesn't already.

It's as if Epic wants to blow the original Gears to fucking smitherines with this game.

I read that there's gonna be an exclusive map on the Limited Edition, I believe it was the official gears 2 gametrailers thread. Can anyone confirm?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
For everyone that is saying "hope this is true" or "if this is true", CB basically confirmed that this information is confirmed as true.

Because if it wasn't he would have pointed out that the bigtime list is also full of shit too, right? Instead he kind of just passed it by. I think.

I'm just guessing that for our sake, though. :D

Aladuf

Banned
Black_Ice said:
I read that there's gonna be an exclusive map on the Limited Edition, I believe it was the official gears 2 gametrailers thread. Can anyone confirm?

Nice! I'm already gonna get the LE anyways so that'll be cool. If they do give the exclusive map then I guess it'll probably be done like with Lost Planet where the LE gets the exclusive map but a little while later they'll release it for free DLC to the rest of the community.

Black_Ice said:
I think that this makes Assassination, or rather 'Guardian' ten times better...it's gonna be a mode I actually play now.
Different strokes for different folks.

I'm personally not a fan of modes with respawning like Annex in Gears and Assassination was my favorite mode, right up there to Execution (default settings, none of that 5-second downtime rubbish). I'd still give the revision a shot when the sequel's out, but I hope you can at least adjust enough options so that those who want to, can play the old-fashioned Assassination.

Kind of like Unreal Championship II actually, which had a ton of options.

Kibbles

I myself don't have the issue, no :( (I live in the US) but someone I know is saying it's real. Plus, CliffyB debunked the other quote from the guy at GameSpot about the EGM article, he didn't debunk the other one though, and that's been getting more attention. Also if you go to the OXM UK site that someone posted on the last page, Gears 2 is on the cover.

Kibbles

Hey, since the old Gears 2 GI issue if off shelves, can't we post scans? Or is that too prohibited? (I'm just asking since most places allow you to put up scans one the next issue of the magazine is available on store shelves).

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Kibbles said:
Hey, since the old Gears 2 GI issue if off shelves, can't we post scans? Or is that too prohibited? (I'm just asking since most places allow you to put up scans one the next issue of the magazine is available on store shelves).

no scans, ever

Kibbles

Alright, that's what I figured, but I didn't see it specifically stated anywhere, didn't want to do anything stupid without asking first. With that said, I'm surprised GI or EPIC hasn't released them for online consumption.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Shawn talks about bullet shields you can plant into the ground in the latest 1UPY. So if we needed more confirmation...

Top Bottom