• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Collectors Edition revealed (pics inside)

Nutter

Stinkles said:
What WOULD you like to see in a special edition?
Artbook; More Stories from the universe :O; OST; DVD with Ads, trailers, Studio Tours, Game in progress, What's to come.

Did I cover everything. :lol

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
I have the Dead Rising and PDZ collectors editions, just because online stores in the UK don't seem to notice the price difference and you just get whatever.

GhaleonEB

Stinkles said:
I'm just hoping the documentary is long and covers multiple areas of the development. I love the Halo 2 documentary, but it felt very brief and only touched on development areas briefly. A good 2-hour documentary, or that same amount of material as "mini-docs" would be nice.

The metal tin is a must, so I'm glad we're getting that. I really don't like the bulky cardboard case that is the Oblivion CE package. Some unique artwork on the inside would be nice.

And of course, the art book. Dunno, I think this looks like a good LE to me. For $10 more the content looks great, assuming the documentary is up to snuff.

REV 09

Wollan said:
Where's the only for X360 mark? Confirmation of pc release?
200184b.jpg
here

200100b.jpg
and here

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Hey Stinkles,

How about including a FULL soundtrack in the Halo 3 collector's edition? Plus, a sticker, an art book, and a Master Chief eraser for my pencil at school.

Wolffen

Stinkles said:

Getting ideas together for H3? :D

For $70, I'd expect either a faceplate w/pre-order, or a good chunk of the following:

--Making of Video (Bungie did a great job on the extras disc that came with Halo 2), outtakes, etc. extras
--Gamer Pics and Themes
--Custom Logos for Multi-player
--Model Viewer
--Game Bible (a look inside portions of the Halo Bible, for example, would be awesome for Halo 3)
--Artwork Gallery
--Video of developers owning each other in multiplayer. I'd love to see some footage (at least a 5~10 minute match) of CliffyB playing against some of his team in GoW multiplayer (and Bungie's developers squaring off w/each other).
--Audio outtakes. For GoW, Joe Dimagio is Marcus. I'm sure at some point there was a Bender voice thrown in during recording, and I want to hear it. I was very disappointed with the lack of bloopers for Halo 2 on the Bungie website compared to Halo 1.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
CliffyB said:
Hot! You love it!

I do. I think themes and gamer pics ON THE BONUS DISK would be a must. PDZ did this. Hell, you could make a gamer pic of you riding that mini-bike for all I care. But I think including these would be a good PR move and make the collector's edition worth it.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
DenogginizerOS said:
I do. I think themes and gamer pics ON THE BONUS DISK would be a must. PDZ did this. Hell, you could make a gamer pic of you riding that mini-bike for all I care. But I think including these would be a good PR move and make the collector's edition worth it.

****, ****, ****. My life will not be complete until I have this. :lol

IJoel

Stinkles said:

Original Soundtrack (this would definitely make it worth the extra $$)
Gamerpics + Themes
Faceplate
Art Book (hardcover!!! :p)
Thorough Making-Of DVD (in high definition with comments by the designers on each map, gameplay decisions, footage showing progress throughout development, comments by art people, etc.)

Frankly, I'd pay $25 more for an uber limited edition with exclusive faceplate, original soundtrack, art book (hardcover,) making-of dvd, and the extra gamerpics/themes.

ant1532

Banned
Amir0x said:
An artbook is a nice bonus. But, I'm already paying $59.99 for GEARS... I don't think I could stomach $69.99, even with a art book, unless it's for a game with a giant peripheral ala Guitar Hero.
Heh, did you forget its also an artbook of GoW... Now maybe if its an artbook of Okami, WindWaker, Final Fantasy... but GoW? I'll pass

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
ant1532 said:
Heh, did you forget its also an artbook of GoW... Now maybe if its an artbook of Okami, WindWaker, Final Fantasy... but GoW? I'll pass

I disagree. Sure all the titles you named are likely to have great art, but the art book is about the environments more than anything, hence the title. I'll be damned if the environemnt designs aren't stellar. I mock and say what I will about the models and character designs (testosterone shading, etc, hur hur), but that doesn't carry over to the "detroyed beauty" aspect.

IJoel

Another thing I think would be awesome for a Halo 3 DVD extra would be a summary of all Halo games in recorded cutscenes.

Generally speaking, I think all limited edition DVDs should include recorded cutscenes for the game, in case someone wants to view those again.

Drek

ElectricBlue187 said:
on the xbox 360? mind. is. blown.
Timesplitters had this shit on lock down all last generation. Was way cool.

My preference though, collector's ed. contains a bonus DVD with console (lite) and PC (high end) versions. Users could even send maps into Epic, with the best chosen for a free user created map pack (contributors get mad props). :D

Amir0x

Banned
ant1532 said:

Heh, I don't mind the art of Gears at all... but i'm not gushing over it, it's always nice to have

snatches

Mike G.E.D. said:
in-game developer commentary. (as special DLC or install from bonus disc)

yeah, that is something I could really get into and increase the likelyhood of a second playthrough.

can you imagine RE4 with this feature? that would be awesome.

snatches

My Arms Your Hearse said:
That box looks really tacky with the white Xbox Live strip on top (that is way too big).

In other SE's the Xbox logo is on a clear plastic sleeve. It is removeable.

ant1532 said:

I think the art on Gears is fricking kick ass awesome. Oddworld Inhabitants Mach 11.

Top Bottom