• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gen'ei Ibunroku #FE Japan Release Date Announced (Dec. 26)

jbug617

Banned
http://www.rpgsite.net/news/4523-ge...-december-in-japan-special-editions-announced
Nintendo has announced that Genei Ibun Roku #FE (Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem) will release in Japan on December 26th. An early purchase bonus includes extra cameo costumes for the main cast from other Atlus titles, and a Fortissimo Edition includes more costume sets, a vocal soundtrack selection CD, artbook, and collector box. There will also be a Wii U bundle available with the Fortissimo Edition.

Normal Edition
UnejUdG.png

img_xatlus.jpg

Fortissimo Edition
5TM5mQE.png

SMTxFE_CD.jpg

SMTxFE_Artbook.jpg

Wii U Bundle
HyzmTTJ.png

SMTxFE_bundle.jpg

Ibuki

Banned
I was wondering when the thread would pop up.... I was also wondering what name would be used...

Seriously, the name has been changed for a while. :(

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Do a lot of games get Wii U bundles in Japan, or is Nintendo making a big push for it in that region?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
"Fortissimo edition", uh? Playing a lot on the musical angle, I see.

I don't understand how it's related to SMT OR FE, to be honest...

Besides Atlus's involvement and the use of some of the characters it never really was meant to be a straight crossover. I'm pretty sure it started that way on paper but the project evolved into what we see now. It's not really a bad thing it just happens like that sometimes.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
'Sharp' is in the title of the game.

Isn't that the whole theme? And the title?

Of course. Just, I wasn't expcting the Special Edition to be called Fortissimo, for...I don't know what reason. Actually, I wasn't expecting a special edition like this for the game anyway. Of course, it fits the whole game's theme.

Hopefully, more footage comes out soon.

Vena

Of course. Just, I wasn't expcting the Special Edition to be called Fortissimo, for...I don't know what reason. Actually, I wasn't expecting a special edition like this for the game anyway. Of course, it fits the whole game's theme.

Hopefully, more footage comes out soon.

But the game will sell billions, so it needs a special edition.

Reveirg

It's "Atlus's take on Fire Emblem" (their wording).

The Atlus elements are very obvious (Catherine-esque cell phones, Persona-style summons, SMT dungeons), and they've said the FE stuff would become more apparent as we play it. Wait and see I guess?

Do a lot of games get Wii U bundles in Japan, or is Nintendo making a big push for it in that region?
More games than NA but that is just more regular switching bundles
I think the list is
Original Nintendo Land bundle
NSMBU bundle
Wii Sports Club bundle
NSMBU & Wii Party U bundle
NSMBU & Wii Party U & Wii Fit U bundle
Mario Kart 8 bundle
Mario Maker bundle (Just introduced)
and
the Xenoblade X Limited bundle

i-Jest

I'm so glad I put in a preorder when I did last year E3 sales. The CAD is shit and I don't want to pay full MSRP for this even though it might be worth it. Still very excited for it though.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Imagine the meltdowns if this gets better reception than Persona 5...

Shun

Wait, what? I was just referring to the "#" symbol for "Sharp" and it followed by "Fortissimo."

Sorry it's late and I'm tired.

I thought you meant that the #FE was (#)Sharp, (FE) Fortissimo. And I was just saying that in music f is forte, ff is fortissimo, fff is fortississimo.

When written on a page, it would be F# or like this.
tumblr_inline_nailjtnSqr1qfk55r.jpg

FluxWaveZ

Sorry it's late and I'm tired.

I thought you meant that the #FE was (#)Sharp, (FE) Fortissimo. And I was just saying that in music f is forte, ff is fortissimo, fff is fortississimo.

Heh, well I didn't know that anyways, so it's interesting to know.

There's also the fact that it's like "#Fire Emblem Fortissimo Edition." FEFE.

L Thammy

Basically, it seems like it follows the themes of Persona, has the otherworldly invasion angle from SMT proper (although not the apocalyptic part of that), and sort of the setpieces and characters from Fire Emblem.

Mechanically, it seems to be mostly SMT but with character classes and the weapon triangle from Fire Emblem.

I'm just going to link the analysis / speculation thread in case anyone wants to read it.

Top Bottom