• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gen'ei Ibunroku #FE Japan Release Date Announced (Dec. 26)

FluxWaveZ

Attempted to upscale the box art:

q8MUQNp.png

L Thammy

Why are people saying OP posted the wrong name? The latest NOA videos have used the untranslated name, it's only the reveal trailer that used Illusory Revelations. OP is just up to date.

Seda

Why are people saying OP posted the wrong name? The latest NOA videos have used the untranslated name, it's only the reveal trailer that used Illusory Revelations. OP is just up to date.

The thread title was changed.

The current name NoA uses is still "Genei Ibun Roku #FE (Working Title)"

Ughhh, will we westerners have to wait over 6 months for this like with Xenoblade? I don't want to wait that long for the JRPG of the Generation.

oti

Banned
So, are they high schoolers? I think I read something about them being singers? What's the story/setting?

Seda

So, are they high schoolers? I think I read something about them being singers? What's the story/setting?

Here's the official fact sheet:

A tale of youth and heroes guided by destiny

Set in modern Tokyo, young people come together to weave an epic tale alongside heroes from an alternate world. This brand new RPG, developed by ATLUS, is infused with elements of the popular Fire Emblem series. In the struggle between the worlds of glamour and darkness, these young heroes rise to face the challenge.

FEATURES:
  • Collaboration that blends the Shin Megami Tensei series with Fire Emblem characters.
  • “Mirages”—beings of immeasurable power hailing from another dimension—have begun invading our world. Some are evil, but others are drawn to humans with tremendous creative potential and have shared their powers to guard humanity.
  • Main characters fight as Mirage Masters and, at the same time, have big dreams to become great entertainers. They polish their singing and acting skills in the entertainment business in their daily life, and work as artists.
  • Young heroes must confront not only the invading Mirages but also the world of entertainment as they fight their way to stardom.

marmoka

Banned
I would like to see a new trailer. I hope the next one does not include so much idol stuff and J-Pop, all those things are turning me down.

And I want many SMT demons. I want to summon Jack Frost, not just see him as the logo of a mall.

Sandfox

As Seda posted, they are all working in different parts of the Japanese entertainment industry and the games seems to be built around that.

pretty dull choices for cameo costumes

They basically just picked costumes from different Atlus games that were released on Nintendo platforms.

random25

Finally we got a date for this one. Though would it be beneficial in terms of sales in Japan if it's released on that day? It's practically end of the year.

Hopefully it won't take a full year or more to localize this.

Memory

Better be a world wide release, waiting until mid-late 2016 for this to hit EU is not going to work for me.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Oh, you will.

welp, now I'm angry.
I mean, it's not that they have many games to localize, publish and distribute for Wii U in 2016...with Pokken being in Summer, and possibly Zelda in Winter....I mean....it would be pretty good (LOL) to have (at lest) this in Spring....

Oregano

Finally we got a date for this one. Though would it be beneficial in terms of sales in Japan if it's released on that day? It's practically end of the year.

Hopefully it won't take a full year or more to localize this.

End of the year is the biggest sales period in Japan IIRC. Of course it means it won't have the typical holiday legs.

Hylian7

This game has been such a disappointment to me all around. It's barely SMT or FE and more akin to the worst aspects of Persona. When this project was initially announced, I was expecting actual Shin Megami Tensei crossed with Fire Emblem, not dancing idols and swimsuit outfits. What a joke.

Aeana

welp, now I'm angry.
I mean, it's not that they have many games to localize, publish and distribute for Wii U in 2016...with Pokken being in Summer, and possibly Zelda in Winter....I mean....it would be pretty good (LOL) to have (at lest) this in Spring....

My post doesn't come with any insider info. I'm just being silly.
I don't actually know what their plans are for this game in Europe.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
My post doesn't come with any insider info. I'm just being silly.
I don't actually know what their plans are for this game in Europe.

just a question: is Nintendo in charge for the localization/publishing/distribution of the game in the whole West (US and EU)?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I thought this was already known or atleast we knew it was coming out in december, or infact, didnt they say early 2016?

cj_iwakura

The gameplay has potential, and I guess the idol thing is really integral, I just feel like this could've been so much more than more otaku bait. (And maybe it is, but the trailer sure doesn't give that vibe apart from the brief glimpse of a wrecked city.)

I wonder what they'll call it here.

foxuzamaki

there's also live concert planned next year, and those who get the fortissimo edition or wii u bundle will get the ticket early iinm
http://www.sharpfe-live.com/

uh, this sounds pretty big, has any other game bundle done this?

Also I remember somebody at either nintendo or atlus saying that they wanted this to be a series onto itself in that they want to make it a franchise(so expect more games).
This could be the push they're doing for it.

uh, this sounds pretty big, has any other game bundle done this?

Also I remember somebody at either nintendo or atlus saying that they wanted this to be a series onto itself in that they want ot make it a franchise(so expect more games).
This could be the push they're doing for it.

actually my bad... it's not the ticket itself, but early access to ticket purchase

foxuzamaki

Ughhh, will we westerners have to wait over 6 months for this like with Xenoblade? I don't want to wait that long for the JRPG of the Generation.

It shouldnt take as long as xenoblade, xenoblade X is a monster in terms of localization, even the developers and the story writer had to apologize for giving NoA hell, its why NoA recruited 8-4 for help.

So I suppose persona 5 won't come the same month in japan. I know FE is being published by Nintendo but I dont think atlus would let their 2 biggest games in ages compete together...

Eolz

Eh, the collector box looks great, but I think that the regular cover art looks pretty bad.
Let's hope that like for most sample ones they change it.

Edit: I'm pretty sure NOE wouldn't Atlus do their usual shenanigans in europe for this game.

random25

End of the year is the biggest sales period in Japan IIRC. Of course it means it won't have the typical holiday legs.

I always thought it was a few weeks earlier where game sales pick up. Given the nature of the game though I don't expect it to have legs even if released before holidays.

Oregano

just a question: is Nintendo in charge for the localization/publishing/distribution of the game in the whole West (US and EU)?

Nintendo is publishing AFAIK. Regardless of who's localising it they are quite busy, Nintendo with Xenoblade and Fire Emblem and Atlus with Persona.

I always thought it was a few weeks earlier where game sales pick up. Given the nature of the game though I don't expect it to have legs even if released before holidays.

I think the very last week of the year is when the market peaks but it does start picking up earlier.

L~A

This is published by Nintendo even in Japan, so that would be surprising if they didn't also publish it in the West (especially since they already announced it).

Now as to who is going to do the localisation work... maybe they will get Atlus USA to help, but I'm afraid we have to way to know right now. To be honest, I think this is a 100% project.

GamerJM

Banned
'Sharp' is in the title of the game.

I refuse to call it anything other than "Hashtag Eff Eee".
Mostly because I just really like the idea of a hashtag being in a game's title and think it could be a great social media marketing tactic.

Those DLC costumes are very crappy. Then I saw Etrian Odyssey's Princess. All redeemed. Bit weird that DeSu2, SMTIV protags and Rei from Persona Q are costumes. That's just weird. And also crappy. And also all the preorder DLC costumes are from Nintendo console games. Specifically the latest 3DS Atlus games.

Basically, give me Demifiend, Nemissa, Raidou costumes please. And if they're open to more EO costumes, I want Gunner!

Top Bottom