• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gen'ei Ibunroku #FE Japan Release Date Announced (Dec. 26)

Darius

Banned
Finally we got a date for this one. Though would it be beneficial in terms of sales in Japan if it's released on that day? It's practically end of the year.

Hopefully it won't take a full year or more to localize this.

I agree that´s really a very bad release date imo, because it´s right at the end of the holiday season and after that sales tent to fall abruptly. Zelda Between Worlds released in 26th December (2013) as well, and that´s one of the main reasons it didn´t perform as well as OoT3D and Majoras Mask 3D on 3DS in Japan.

No Amiibo support but a bunch of costumes DLC including swimsuits and crossover outfits?

This is definitely an Atlus game and not a Nintendo one.

I don't even have any Fire Emblem Amiibos I would have liked support. I dig cool little bonuses.

Ken

I refuse to call it anything other than "Hashtag Eff Eee".
Mostly because I just really like the idea of a hashtag being in a game's title and think it could be a great social media marketing tactic.

This has a # too.

Hotaru no Nikki, stylised as htoL#NiQ, is a 2014 video game created by Japanese game developer Nippon Ichi Software exclusively for the PlayStation Vita.

So it is Idols: The JRPG just like I thought it would be. So much for "bu-but there will be a darker side to it, like in SMT and Fire Emblem" that people were saying in the previous topics on here...how Atlus have fallen. I frigging hate everything about this game.

Basically, give me Demifiend, Nemissa, Raidou costumes please.

Current Atlus doesn't give a crap about those characters, especially anything by Kaneko in general. EO characters seem way more likely, though.

kagamin

Oh yea, that EO Princess (Sovereign) costume is great! Atlus needs more EO stuff in non EO games :p

Current Atlus doesn't give a crap about those characters, especially anything by Kaneko in general. EO characters seem way more likely, though.

As much as I like Kaneko, I like Himukai more.

Infinite

So it is Idols: The JRPG just like I thought it would be. So much for "bu-but there will be a darker side to it, like in SMT and Fire Emblem" that people were saying in the previous topics on here...how Atlus have fallen. I frigging hate everything about this game.

Dude relax you haven't even played the game yet.

^It's pretty obvious who this game is aimed at.

As much as I like Kaneko, I like Himukai more.

Going by the way Atlus are doing things nowadays, they don't like Kaneko either. I hope this shit doesn't happen to Soejima down the line when another artist suddenly takes over on the artist duties at Atlus.

Not enough overreactions and hurt feelings for this to be a real SMTxFE thread.

Hopefully this means early 2016 for NA. I can't see this taking anywhere near the amount of time needed as XCX to localize. Though I do wonder if songs are going to be translated as well.

Sadist

It's aimed at people who like Fire Emblem, SMT, Devil Survivor, Strange Journey and Radiant History. Cool. I like those games.

Dingens

Well, presumably Nintendo will be distributing this in Europe, so at least it isn't Atlus at the helm.

On the other hand, we still had to wait 2 months after America to get FE: Awakening so we're not out of those woods yet.

and yet we got Xenoblade, The last Story, Pandoras tower, Bravely default and many other huge rpgs months and in xenoblades case even close to a year earlier than NA...
I'm not worried at all

Infinite

and yet we got Xenoblade, The last Story, Pandoras tower, Bravely default and many other huge rpgs months and in xenoblades case even close to a year earlier than NA...
I'm not worried at all
This game was playable at e3, no? Kinda hard to see them do that then not bother bringing out here at all.

Ridley327

I wonder if Atlus is going to push Nintendo to release the SE outside of Japan. With NoA being more on-board with doing them for RPGs, it would be a nice gesture to see them bring it over.

Dingens

This game was playable at e3, no? Kinda hard to see them do that then not bother bringing out here at all.

this isn't about not releasing it at all, rather it's about the (by now) somewhat irrational fear that we (Europeans) might have to wait 20452 years for an Atlus game/big rpg to be released here.

I hope that NoE is going to localize this and not NoA...

Ridley327

this isn't about not releasing it at all, rather it's about the (by now) somewhat irrational fear that we (Europeans) might have to wait 20452 years for an Atlus game/big rpg to be released here.

I hope that NoE is going to localize this and not NoA...
NoA is doing Xenoblade X, and that's a simultaneous release on both sides of the Atlantic.

Sadist

^I don't see what this game has in common with those games at all.
Source material and their respective directors/development teams?

Honestly I know some people were expecting some grimdark medievil demon summoning game, but even in this unexpected form it still has those people attached to it. And I like the games they made, so I'm defintely giving this a shot.

Clov

No Amiibo support but a bunch of costumes DLC including swimsuits and crossover outfits?

This is definitely an Atlus game and not a Nintendo one.

I don't even have any Fire Emblem Amiibos I would have liked support. I dig cool little bonuses.

Aw, no Amiibo support at all? I was hoping I'd be able to use my Marth and Lucina with this. Oh well! The DLC costumes look pretty great though. Can't wait for it to come out over here!

True Fire

This is definitely getting renamed Performa in the west. ATLUS won't want to miss out on the Persona crowd after Persona 5 becomes their bestselling game ever.

Thud

This is definitely getting renamed Performa in the west. ATLUS won't want to miss out on the Persona crowd after Persona 5 becomes their bestselling game ever.

Performa is the energy they use right? I rather think they use mirage or something like that.

They're gonna miss out on the Sharp Fortissimo Emblem which I just made up :(

ranmafan

That's a great day for me. Right when the holidays are starting in Japan, before the big one here, New Years, so it's perfect timing for me to get and play. Can't wait. Now I just wonder, with this coming out December, when will Atlus release Persona 5 then, since that's this year too. Hopefully enough time before this one. Thankfully we should know that date hopefully at sony's conference next week.

kewlmyc

Not enough overreactions and hurt feelings for this to be a real SMTxFE thread.

Hopefully this means early 2016 for NA. I can't see this taking anywhere near the amount of time needed as XCX to localize. Though I do wonder if songs are going to be translated as well.

Considering the audience for this game in the west, it might just be better to bring the game over with JP audio only. Or have everyone voiced by Laura Bailey.

Considering the audience for this game in the west, it might just be better to bring the game over with JP audio only. Or have everyone voiced by Laura Bailey.

That was my first thought as well, but isn't there some data that shows that, even for niche games, fully localized titles sell better? I have to imagine that the audience for J-pop in the west is even smaller than the audience for console JRPGs.

But yeah, Genei Ibon Roku #FE: Laura Bailey Karaoke Edition sounds fine too.

EDIT: Well, it's a Wii U exclusive anime JRPG coming out in 2016, so it's probably not going to sell to anyone who doesn't have a gaf account anyway.

sörine

Banned
I've been thinking the same. Maybe they'll keep the #FE too. And knowing Atlus USA they'll want to add the SMT branding on top. Shin Megami Tensei: Performa #FE is sort of a mouthful though.

Sakura

Day 1 for me.
Though 26th is a little late for me :(
Maybe I can import with Fedex and get it before New Years, but they are always pretty expensive.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
sörine;178362221 said:
I've been thinking the same. Maybe they'll keep the #FE too. And knowing Atlus USA they'll want to add the SMT branding on top. Shin Megami Tensei: Performa #FE is sort of a mouthful though.

I seriously doubt that'll be the case with this game. I'm quite sure Nintendo will market this as a FE spin-off here.

sörine

Banned
I seriously doubt that'll be the case with this game. I'm quite sure Nintendo will market this as a FE spin-off here.
Fire Emblem: Performa #SMT? lol

You might be right, they might want to actually spell out "Fire Emblem" given it's bigger than SMT (or even Persona) in the west now. But I still think we'll get the SMT branding somehow.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
sörine;178363010 said:
Fire Emblem: Performa #SMT? lol

You might be right, they might want to actually spell out "Fire Emblem" given it's bigger than SMT (or even Persona) in the west now. But I still think we'll get the SMT branding somehow.

I don't think they'll make any official tie to the MegaTen series at all with this. I'm pretty sure the title is barely even a nod in Japanese.

Nachos

sörine;178363010 said:

Is it? I was under the impression that Fire Emblem recently got a huge infusion of new fans, but that that the fandom is just a vocal and active minority. Persona always seemed like it was able to convert more people who otherwise wouldn't normally play a JRPG.

Koppai

So next year we have...

This

FE x SMT
Pokkén Tournament
Pikmin 4
The Legend of Zelda

So far. I want this game it looks so interesting.

JCX

I know it's probably been said a bunch of times, but so jealous of Japan getting P5 and this so close together.

Man, I'm going to be poor in 2016. Hopefully the localization will be quicker than Xenoblade Chronicles X, which I still can't believe is taking this long.

4Tran

I'm really surprised that there's no Rise costume.

I mean this IS a game about performances and all that.
Rise isn't the only entertainer from those games: there are also the Dancer and Troubadour from the Etrian Odyssey games and Hinako and Haru from the Devil Survivor games. It makes sense that they don't want to be too on the nose with the costumes.

Effect

This is NoA we're dealing with it. They will certainly pull something like that or go dark or something even if it showed up at E3 or was playable. Never give NoA the benefit of the doubt.

As interested as I am in this game, as well as confused, I can easily see this not being localized by NoA. Instead someone else doing it or it not coming over at all. Then again my faith in NoA is at an all time low so I could easily be wrong.

That said if it does come out I wonder if they would try to label it one game or the other even with it seeming to be it's own thing after they blended the two.

Top Bottom