• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

German Federal Elections 2017 |OT| Electing the new leader of the free world

I come from meck-pomm (don't live any more though) and I know AfD voters there and they're all just racist shits who complain about refugees and immigrants yet someone show me where the immigrants and refugees are in meck-pomm... these racist fucks don't even come into contact with them ever.

It's all they bitch about when actual real issues like infrastructure in this part of the country is shit and lack of job opportunity compared to rest.

I'm from M-V too and noone I know voted AfD. I think voters are mostly located in rural areas where the issues you mentioned are much more serious.

Let's wait for more hard data. But the South (BW too) was quite open for some AFD positions, sadly.

yes BW way more than Bavaria
that's why i found that statement so confusing

and becoming the "clear strongest third party" in Bavaria is not exactly a big threshold, when Linke is basically non existent there and FPD and Greens not that strong compared to other federal states.

but yeah lets wait until we have the full data

So by your definition 70% of the country are anti social fucks?

And people wonder why the left is declining.

Deflecting to somebody else declining is easy to do. Acknowledging that the FDP is everything but pro-humane working conditions apparently not.

Syder

Those people voting for afd are so dumb they deserve to be shot. OUT OF THE GENEPOOL.

Motherfucking human garbage
3633234.gif

El-Suave

Lots of young people voting FDP. Nice to see.

The popping new color scheme worked! Unless they work in the fields the FDP works for, they'll learn eventually. My first votes were for the FDP, too decades ago. Never again, even though I kind of like Lindner personally.

Xater

Where did you fish that number from? I didn't realize the FDP somehow won the election with a historic result.

You are also putting words in my mouth I never said.

Dehnus

When was the how or humanitarian cost ever a concern for shitheads on the right?

True, I mean these parties were all against humanitarian aid before, and now want "aid" to keep them there.

Sigh, sometimes I wish the Vulcans were an invasive species in real life ;).

"You'll be following the teaching of Surak, whether you like it or not!".

Gintamen

The CDU salt about SPD going into opposition is great.
Exchanging the SPD ministers with fewer Grünen ones shouldn't cause salt.

People should be reminded that the loss of FPD voters to AfD is marginal at best. Big chunks coming from all other parties.

RocknRola

Been out all day (football), just got home and heard the far right is looking to gain quite a few seats, although Merkel should retain a comfortable lead too.

So, for those who are in the know and are following this, is it true? What's are the current predictions saying?

El-Suave

You can't be pro corporations and be pro consumer rights, too like the FDP pretends to be. You just can't - it doesn't add up. The balance of power between politics and global corporations has shifted so much over the last few years, their version of "both sides" doesn't work at least not in favor of the "liberal" individual they cherish so much.

"pro-humane working conditions"

Yes FDP is trying to turn germany into a gulag.

Being forced to work over 10 hours a day is what I call inhumane working conditions.

I don't have to live in Russia to experience that. Kinda obvious being on a video game forum with crunch being a thing.

Sorry, but that is literally the FDPs position. "People should have the freedom to work more than 10 hours a day" = "Businesses should be able to force workers to work more than 10 hours a day".

Pennywise

These CDU fuckfaces that constantly bring up the "refugee-solution" are pissing me off.
Like that's the only topic that you lost alot of votes.

The party is gonna move further to the right and I suspect both SPD and CDU will resemble more classical roles.
If only the FDP followed that path :p

Oersted

Germany has, similar to USA with Trump, has some issues the AfD thrives on.

Envy. Remember the campaign Bild ran over 20 years ago, finding welfare cheaters, no matter how few there are and the low amount of damage they cause? It resulted in Hartz IV, abandoning solidarity (remember the last time you heard that word? I don't) and unions losing their power because SPD didn't care anymore.

We have seen envy again when welfare recipients heard refugees get money.

Scandals without repercussions. Media loves scandals. They get attention. Gauland gets attention. But no repercussions. In every decent party Gauland would have been kicked out. He continues to live on like Trump.

Fear of muslims. Well that explains itself. Remember the shit Wulff got for Islam is part of Germany? Or remember when integration was discussed, people of non-muslim/non-turkish background were sitting on the table? Oh yeah, that never happened.

As long as the media thrives on scandals and fear of muslims, we will have to stick with AfD. It is what it is.

Afd got over 20% in Eastern Germany and is the 2nd strongest party there now.

Clearly, Putin ordered his Stazi comrades to reactivate the informant network.

Xater

Now why couldn't Wolfenstein 2 be out right now? I could really use that game right now. Shooting Nazis has not been this appealing in a long time. It would have been the perfect gift for this election.

Yamauchi
Please disregard me if I'm cheerleading for Putin again.
(Today, 07:55 PM)

His new tag is way better.

Xando

Now why couldn't Wolfenstein 2 be out right now? I could really use that game right now. Shooting Nazis has not been this appealing in a long time. It would have been the perfect gift for this election.

This post reminds me i have to pre order the US version

DrKelpo

Banned
good lord...there are districts in the city I live in where the AfD got close to 30% as the biggest party.

but it's Saxony, so no surprise there...

fucking disgusting.

Top Bottom