• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

German Federal Elections 2017 |OT| Electing the new leader of the free world

Guy.brush

It's so great seeing that cunt being roasted by everyone.

They did the same with the Linke though when the "Rote Socken" landed in the parliament for the first time. Everyone villified them like they were all Ex-Stasi agents.
Then over time the stance softened and softened. Let's see how it goes with AfD.
This was inevitable. Merkel basically sweered so much left with the CDU, more so even than the SPD did center-right with their HartzIV reforms during Schroeder and the SPD paid deerly for that with the formation of the LINKE and has been a 20+ % party since.

I know Schulz can bring some of that anti-right wing fire from the EU parliament he is known for, so at least the SPD will not let AfD get away with rhetoric crossing certain lines.

Large fragmentation in Germany with these results. We got the same kind of thing in Holland. Wonder if they can form a government from this, seems like a hard task.

Just got the news that the AfD became the second largest party in my (small) town. That sucks.

CSU: 37,6 Prozent (-13,6)
SPD: 14,5 Prozent (-4,8)
Grüne: 8,2 Prozent (+0,3)
FDP: 9 Prozent (+5,3)
AfD: 16,6 Prozent (+11,2)
Linke: 6,9 Prozent (+3)

CDU 22,8
DIE LINKE 17,7
SPD 10,1
AfD 23,7
GRÜNE 8,5
NPD 0,7
FDP 9,8
PIRATEN 0,8
Sonstige 6,0

http://wahlen.dresden.de/2017/btw/index.html

AfD became largest party in Dresden.

Pennywise

They did the same with the Linke though when the "Rote Socken" landed in the parliament for the first time. Everyone villified them like they were all Ex-Stasi agents.
Then over time the stance softened and softened. Let's see how it goes with AfD.
This was inevitable. Merkel basically sweered so much left with the CDU, more so even than the SPD did center-right with their HartzIV reforms during Schroeder and the SPD paid deerly for that with the formation of the LINKE and has been a 20+ % party since.

I know Schulz can bring some of that anti-right wing fire from the EU parliament he is known for, so at least the SPD will not let AfD get away with rhetoric crossing certain lines.
A good portion of scepticism was always valid towards the Linke due the history of certain individuals.
That changed when people saw that they actually did a decent job in some state parliaments.
Which isn't the case with those AfD people.

The roast from Lindner was hilarious.

Valhelm

contribute something
Why did the SDP lose votes? A few months ago it seemed like a lot of left-leaning CDU folks were moving over to their side.

ISee

They do not have to. If they are not able to form a government we will have a new election and thats it. The next few weeks will be really interesting.

Of course, a minority government is also a possibility. That just doesn't sound like something to look forward to.

oti

Banned
Lindner in super Koalitions mode.

Merkel is like: "I don't have time for this shit. I've got a world to save."

Shiggy

DKgN8HdW4AAb3tW.jpg:large

55% of AfD voters say that the party does not distance itself enough from right-extreme positions.

barit

So if Jamaica happens I expect legalized marijuana in Germany before the end of this legislative period. They better not disappoint us!

Top Bottom