• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GF and i just broke up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is something carthatic and calming about being unreachable. When my phone broke, I was out of contact for a week. Being completely isolated like that is quite relieving.

Dali

There is something carthatic and calming about being unreachable. When my phone broke, I was out of contact for a week. Being completely isolated like that is quite relieving.

Oh yeah you're preaching to the choir on this one. I had a cell in like 2005 said fuck it, but kind of was forced back into it in 2010. I was staunchly against cells. Still am completely against the idea of someone getting pissed if I don't want to answer it. I mean in the days before cells when all people had were house phones, if they weren't at home then they were unreachable. Well this is my house phone fools. Just because I technically am reachable doesn't mean you should always expect to reach me.

Log4Girlz

Oh yeah you're preaching to the choir on this one. I had a cell in like 2005 said fuck it, but kind of was forced back into it in 2010. I was staunchly against cells. Still am completely against the idea of someone getting pissed if I don't want to answer it. I mean in the days before cells when all people had were house phones, if they weren't at home then they were unreachable. Well this is my house phone fools. Just because I technically am reachable doesn't mean you should always expect to reach me.

I've been calling you for days. When will you answer?

iT9sneKR8MBom.gif

There isn't even any food on the grill.

I have mixed feelings about it, actually. Sometimes I just wish I could have the day to myself. Like actually focus on work while at work, have time inside my own head, have some sort of solitude. Other times it doesn't bother me at all. We split for a short while and I felt the void. So as much as I complain, I still enjoy the contact at least on some level. I wouldn't be with her all this time if it was THAT terrible. At the same time, its a bit extreme and it needs to be moderated which I was hoping would work itself out. This has met with some resistance as I detailed.

It sounds like you've just been conditioned.

I'd lose my fucking mind if I was expected to interact that much with my significant other. The last thing I'd want is someone who needs to be attached to my metaphorical hip. I was in a relationship for nearly 6 years at one point in my life and I spent the last two tricking myself into thinking I was okay with her constant neediness and smothering because "no, really, she's fine, she just has her little quirks, I really do love her."

Just because you can put up with it doesn't mean you have to.

It sounds like you've just been conditioned.

I'd lose my fucking mind if I was expected to interact that much with my significant other. The last thing I'd want is someone who needs to be attached to my metaphorical hip. I was in a relationship for nearly 6 years at one point in my life and I spent the last two tricking myself into thinking I was okay with her constant neediness and smothering because "no, really, she's fine, she just has her little quirks, I really do love her."

Just because you can put up with it doesn't mean you have to.

BINGO!

Also, I got a girl coming over Saturday night, wish me luck guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom