• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GFW Radio Reunion @ PAX 2009

voltron said:
I know its not a 1upyours thread... but I cant believe the audio is borked again.

Garnetts twitter just said the audio is really poor quality. How the hell does this keep happening?
the video has great quality, just rip it from there if you don't want to watch. inconvenient, but at least it's there somewhere.

Very nice to see the guys all together again. Too bad Anthony didn't get a spot up there.

Overall though, very nice job. And I can understand why they did it, but I kinda wish they didn't do the Q/A session. Questions are usually dumb, and it usually veers the conversation into an area it needn't go.

Though that's some serious nit-picking, all in all it was a great 2 + hours.

subrock

wow just started, I have a huge grin on my face. can someone link the entire backlog. I think I might go through it again.

DMczaf

w3fhe.png

Dude was not impressed by Korean snacks.

Flavius

Can't wait to listen to this on the morning commute. Don't really care about seeing your ugly mugs, though (no offense! :p).

Thanks for reminding us just how awesome your show was, assholes!!! :D

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
OmniAvenger said:
Just noticed a slight "jump" between Part 2 and Part 3. This might have been when David needed to load another tape into the camera. I was using the camera case as an armrest at the time so he couldn't get to the tape fast enough. (Apologies, David!)

Nah, wasn't your fault man. There's always about a 12 second delay between loading tapes. The question just happened to have been asked while I was putting the last tape in the camera. Jeff's response was funny so I kept it in sans question.

Talon

voltron said:
I know its not a 1upyours thread... but I cant believe the audio is borked again.

Garnetts twitter just said the audio is really poor quality. How the hell does this keep happening?
Because they left it up to PAX crew to record the audio again? Just guessing.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
I'm rendering out the raw uncompressed audio for GFW right now. Depending on file size Ryan should have it so he can edit it for tomorrow.

Flavius

lybertyboy said:
I'm rendering out the raw uncompressed audio for GFW right now. Depending on file size Ryan should have it so he can edit it for tomorrow.

You are DA MAN, David Ellis! :)

aeolist

Banned
It's amazing that these guys haven't done this in so long yet this was just as good and funny as any other Brodeo I can think of. It just comes so naturally to them and really speaks to the makeup of the group.

Laughed so hard at this. Thanks for all the good times guys.

Negator

It's been a long time since I've laughed so hard. I remember the first time I ever fired up a GFW podcast, and was completely blown away and laughing hysterically.

Such a great show. I almost cried when it was finished.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
waiting for the audio file courtesy of Mr Scott :)

big_z

strem said:
Yeah I do listen to Out of the Game Firestorm. It is one of my favs for sure and forgot to mention it in my post. Only negative things I would say about Out of the Game is N'gai needs to reign it in sometimes, dude can talk about a subject forever (but I do like N'gai) and last and something I thought I would never say is I think Luke needs to fall on the sword and remove himself from the show. He was great on 1up yours and Legendary Thread but on this cast he is terribad. Adds nothing to it and you can see the other guys trying to get him involved. Seems to adds strain to the show

i was going to post the same thing. N'gai and luke are the weak points of out of the game imo. N'gai goes off on rants trying to show off his mastery of the english language too much. He shows great excitement to be on the podcast which is awesome but he needs to be more casual.

Luke on the other hand, save for a few moments, been nothing but dead weight. Maybe the morning recording time is too much for him but he really needs to get into the podcast otherwise theres no point in him being on it. Lukes awesome and all but i want more than just hearing him masturbate with the mic still on.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
i'm probably one of the bigger podcast cynics on gaf; not the biggest, but I find myself turning off a lot of podcasts halfway through from the wahjah. But god damn if this isnt the least awkward, most good-episode-of-gfw reminiscent podcast i've heard since the good episodes of gfw.

Only 45 min in so far, so things could take a horrible turn, but it seems like they are in the groove. Hope there's more sean malloy...wtf has that guy been up too since going to blizz??

edit: i'm listening to the audio, btw. seemed like it would be weird with video...is it?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn 1UP has a nice network. I was getting 7 - 8 megabytes per second when downloading these videos.

Top Bottom