• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

If you're going to talk openly about "Danny's next project" at least tell us what it is. Otherwise shut the hell up.

Or instead leave you hanging for years, until it becomes a running joke and you're wondering if the next video you click will be it, only to be underwhelmed by the eventual doc.

2992587c88b54564adcf1fc7fd2deee5.png

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/thursday-night-throwdown-02-21-13/2300-7076/

They really should have videos like this, combining Demo Derby with the GDC/E3 content. GDC seems like the perfect time for it too.

BearPawB

Banned
ahh, did they come out at the same time? i thought that was recent

Yakuza 0 is not new, it was just finally released in America. I think it came out early 2016 in Japan? Not sure

Yakuza 6 isn't even out in America until next year, and was released in Japan in december

Zaph

I literally can't think of a reason to get an xbox1.

I want to play Nuts & Bolts again, and try Sunset Overdrive, but not enough to buy a console for.

If they made JSRF backwards compatible (with full soundtrack), I'd start looking for a cheap second hand one.

oti

Banned
If you don't have a gaming PC or any plans to get one and want to play their exclusives?

Pretty sure what he means is that there's no Xbox exclusive that interests him. After killing off Fable and Scalebound I tend to agree, actually. I love Forza Horizon and all but still. That's one interesting exclusive to me, compared to a dozen or so on PS4. It's completely bonkers how this gen has played out.

Interested to see how Sea of Thieves will fare but I don't expect too much there. Rare fans will hopefully be happy, though.
Crackdown 3 feels old compared to other stuff coming out and I have no interest in it. Demolition effects could be cool though.
State of Decay WHO KNOWS that game could be everything or nothing.
Gears and Halo might be dead as far as I'm concerned.

I play a lot of XBLA and 360 games on the One via BC which is cool, everything else exclusive wise I play on the PC. Nice to get better versions of the former often tho.

Now that they've come around on Yakuza and the Souls games they need to come around on EDF

Feel like it's something they'd apperciate more if they ever got past the first few stages and their perceptions of it being totally mindless. Tons of strategy in class synergy and weapon choice. Plus MECHS FIGHTING GODZILLAS WHILE BEES SWARM

derFeef

Now that they've come around on Yakuza and the Souls games they need to come around on EDF

Feel like it's something they'd apperciate more if they ever got past the first few stages and their perceptions of it being totally mindless. Tons of strategy in class synergy and weapon choice. Plus MECHS FIGHTING GODZILLAS WHILE BEES SWARM

Well we had Jason QL that recent game and Jeff just hating on it. It won't get any further than that I guess. That's why I like having Jason around - but he needs to push through some of the more "niche" genres to the guys.

Kimaka

Fable would have been the only reason I would have owned an Xbox One if it didn't get a PC release. I'm mildly interested in Sea of Thieves, but I wouldn't have bought one for that even if I didn't have a capable gaming PC.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think Jason just needs to articulate why he likes his games with more than just a "*mumble* fucking *mumble mumble* great *mumble mumble* fucking"

BearPawB

Banned
EDF is great.
The joy of finding new weapons.
The diverse classes.
The.fun online play.
The destruction.

I've spent 70 hours with EDF 4.1 and feel like I've barely scratched the surface

repeater

I think Dan has stated he likes EDF too, or am I misremembering? He forced Paul to play it as part of one of the Quick Look Extravaganzas.

daveo42

Banned
EDF doesn't get as much play because Jason seems to enjoy it and Jeff seems to loathe the series.

Exclusives being on PC doesn't really help sell consoles tbh. Better 3rd party stuff might move more systems, but the way Scorpio is shaping up it might not be worth it anyway. Personally, I couldn't care less about X1 exclusives anyway.

SomberOwl

This is not directly related to Giant Bomb but I'm really getting annoyed with how often games press loves to let everyone know they're under embargo. Just saying "Yeah I'm playing stuff I can't talk about yet" and then move on would be fine. But some places are like "I just wish I could talk about all the stuff I'm embargoed on" or "I'm embargoed on so many things right now"

Dineren

Banned
This is not directly related to Giant Bomb but I'm really getting annoyed with how often games press loves to let everyone know they're under embargo. Just saying "Yeah I'm playing stuff I can't talk about yet" and then move on would be fine. But some places are like "I just wish I could talk about all the stuff I'm embargoed on" or "I'm embargoed on so many things right now"

I'm a bit confused on why the distinction matters. If they say they're playing stuff they can't talk about right now, you know they are likely under embargo. Why does it matter to you if they explicitly say they are or not?

Curufinwe

I figured if a GB meme went viral it would involve Dan. Surely Dan has made facial expressions that are as gif-friendly as anything Drew has done.

oti

Banned
I'm a bit confused on why the distinction matters. If they say they're playing stuff they can't talk about right now, you know they are likely under embargo. Why does it matter to you if they explicitly say they are or not?

I can understand the frustration. It's normal press plays something before embargo. But rubbing it in like that doesn't help anyone other than their ego.

Meneses

Briefly watching the latest Persona 5 trailer reminded me of how much I dig the music but also how much the singer's voice grates on me.

did you try to find where your parents hid your christmas presents?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom