• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb @ E3 2016 | WEED3

Austin news is really upsetting to wake up to. Going to miss him an awful lot. Very difficult person to replace as well.

When will the new community thread go up?

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
First Patrick, now Austin.

They should re-hire Patrick and have him start up the Giantbomb Chicago branch with Gita Jackson. That way he doesn't need to move, Giantbomb expands even more(since that's what Jeff wanted), and we get another new member along with him. It's all win-win except for Patrick haters.

First Patrick, now Austin.

They should re-hire Patrick and have him start up the Giantbomb Chicago branch with Gita Jackson. That way he doesn't need to move, Giantbomb expands even more(since that's what Jeff wanted), and we get another new member along with him. It's all win-win except for Patrick haters.

Jeff made it sound like they will be getting a third body into New York.

Gita Jackson would be cool.

When will the new community thread go up?

Whenever EmCee unlocks it.

Austin leaving. I'm sure he's doing it for his own good but he worked so well with GBE and GB in general. Not news I wanted to wake up to.

Also please stop trying to guess the new hire. I don't want to go through all that shit again.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Jeff made it sound like they will be getting a third body into New York.

Gita Jackson would be cool.

The problem is, would she be comfortable with moving to New York, possibly away from family or more? If not, it would be yet another Patrick situation.

They need to find someone who brought what Austin and Patrick brings, but who also is comfortable living in NY. This is why I think the Chicago branch idea works better as a solution.

Tubobutts

The problem is, would she be comfortable with moving to New York, possibly away from family or more? If not, it would be yet another Patrick situation.

They need to find someone who brought what Austin and Patrick brings, but who also is comfortable living in NY. This is why I think the Chicago branch idea works better as a solution.
And also they should like Warhammer.

hamchan

Whenever EmCee unlocks it.

Austin leaving. I'm sure he's doing it for his own good but he worked so well with GBE and GB in general. Not news I wanted to wake up to.

Also please stop trying to guess the new hire. I don't want to go through all that shit again.

You're the new hire.

For sure, don't know her background at all though away from her voice on games.

Austin moved countries tbf, so it's not like people won't come.

she doesn't write about games now

I don't get the impression that guest column was exactly setting the world on fire, either.

It was giving a platform to people who could do with one, talking about games above "does the jump feel floaty?" analysis.

I can't imagine it was raking in the hits, but it was really cool and something only a subscription service like GB could justify.

I'm sure whoever they get to fill Austin's position would be more than happy to take over the job of looking at pitches and going "yeah sounds cool".

Top Bottom