• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb @ E3 2016 | WEED3

Scizzy

There's no way Austin is leaving for an academic job. No university would embargo news of a hire and it's way off the hiring season for the kinds of jobs that would lure Austin from Giant Bomb.

Hopefully, they'll be able to hit the ground running on a replacement search. They surely have runners up from last time who will still be strong candidates. Talk about giant, perfectly fitting shoes to fill though...

Harpuia

Maybe they can finally rescue Bakalar from CNET.

Damn Austin..you gelled so well with the gb crew. Maybe too well?? I hope his next endeavors are good. How much more time will he spend with GB?

Weebos

Banned
Austin was such an excellent addition to Giant Bomb, I'll miss him a lot, but at least I still have Friends At the Table.

Something awesome is in his future.

Tubobutts

Maybe they can finally rescue Bakalar from CNET.

Damn Austin..you gelled so well with the gb crew. Maybe too well?? I hope his next endeavors are good. How much more time will he spend with GB?
He said he's staying in New York and will occasionally be on the Beastcast.

Just like Dave said he would still show up.

I don't think he's going to go to another site. He had a decent gig here to just jump somewhere else doing the same thing doesn't seem right.

My guess is if you go to school to get a doctorate, you don't stay editor at a website when you finally finish up. So, something academic for Dr. Walker.

I also would put down $1 that he stays as more of a presence on the site than some of the others that have left. Hell, he made a guest column just so he could someday write those guest columns! And Beastcast has a rotating chair so he could be the rotating chair! It's all clear!

Myggen

I don't think he's going to go to another site. He had a decent gig here to just jump somewhere else doing the same thing doesn't seem right.

My guess is if you go to school to get a doctorate, you don't stay editor at a website when you finally finish up. So, something academic for Dr. Walker.

I also would put down $1 that he stays as more of a presence on the site than some of the others that have left. Hell, he made a guest column just so he could someday write those guest columns! And Beastcast has a rotating chair so he could be the rotating chair! It's all clear!

He might want to write more, just like Patrick wanted. An editorial job at GB turns into mostly video, there`s no way around it, and we all know how good he is at writing and how much he loves it.

We`ll see in a few hours I guess. Wish him all the best, quality duder.

Also, knowing nothing about such a thing I doubt an university would embargo appointments like that, so I assume it`s another site. But again, we`ll see.

They need to hire someone new before Persona 5 comes out otherwise Alex is going to be on his own when Vinny joins West for the endurance run.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Damn... passed out during the last break and woke up to see the news about Austin. Best of luck, going to miss him on the site though. He was a great addition over the last year.

Austin was hired shortly before E3 last year, right? So he was only part of the team for slightly over a year. I really thought he was in for the long run.

Gonna be interesting to see where he's going. He really seemed to love it at GB, so it had to be a hell of an opportunity for him to jet after only a year.

JEEZUS, JOHNNY V, "THE WORD C*****T..." and the need to turn off the camera for a second during this segment.

Rage masturbation, Lang? Really?

"YOU FUCKING POUNDTOWNED ME LAST NIGHT!"

Johnny V in fine form this evening.
tumblr_o0vcfdWxz91rsbbt3o1_250.gif

Top Bottom