• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

- J - D -

How can you not like Rorie? One of his stories turns into 5 in the span of 60 seconds. He's like a human anthology book where all the stories have abrupt cliffhangers.

Also, just watched the Farpoint QL. Farpoint? More like Borepoint.

daveo42

Banned
I wish I could shout at Rorie during this Bloodborne segment.

Edit: I shouldn't be surprised about how the stream ended, but I still am.

oti

Banned
How can you not like Rorie? One of his stories turns into 5 in the span of 60 seconds. He's like a human anthology book where all the stories have abrupt cliffhangers.

Also, just watched the Farpoint QL. Farpoint? More like Borepoint.
Nice.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Rorie is a national treasureee, He must be protected at all costs.

Not at all costs.

He's a little grating and in UPF maybe he felt under pressure to fill dead air - came across as over eager. He knows his stuff, is generally interesting to listen to, and brings an important energy to proceedings. But I do think he needs to relax a little bit and just allow there to be some quiet moments - we're usually watching someone play a game so if someone isn't talking for a few seconds then it isn't the end of the world, we still have something to focus on.

and he does come across as a little self centred (hope this isn't taken too harshly, I'm guilty of this myself). He'll ask a question or make a comment that sounds like it is there to start a conversation but is really just because he wants to get his comment in. I think that may simply be down to experience as a camera facing presenter but he needs to be more available for his 'guests'.

God I've written more than I expected. I like Rorie and hope some of this is taken constructively.

having no Jeff for a while has made me really appreciate Jeff though. He gives an almost perfect amount of space for others to do their thing, and throws little nudges in just when needed.

Not at all costs.

He's a little grating and in UPF maybe he felt under pressure to fill dead air - came across as over eager.

It's particularly 'grating' when he apologizes for talking too much (for the dozenth time), with his apology taking about twice as long as whatever comment he's apologizing for.

I like Rorie and I was ecstatic when he came back to the site, but I'm never sure if people that "defend him at all costs" are all just laughing at his frequent obvliviousness (which I can't do) or if they genuinely find it endearing (which is terrifying).

Dude apologizes for himself constantly. And I'm a monster for agreeing with him!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's particularly 'grating' when he apologizes for talking too much (for the dozenth time), with his apology taking about twice as long as whatever comment he's apologizing for.

I like Rorie and I was ecstatic when he came back to the site, but I'm never sure if people that "defend him at all costs" are all just laughing at his frequent obvliviousness (which I can't do) or if they genuinely find it endearing (which is terrifying).

Dude apologizes for himself constantly. And I'm a monster for agreeing with him!

Maybe we find that part of him endearing/funny.

Sorry for being fucking terrifying to you.

Boo.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Maybe we find that part of him endearing/funny.

Sorry for being fucking terrifying to you.

Boo.
I bet he posts or notes passively aggressive things about his colleagues.

Lighten up. They're mostly nerds having to do a very public face.

I'd be about as interesting as Kimi Raikkonen.

Bwoah.

I bet he posts or notes passively aggressive things about his colleagues.

Lighten up. They're mostly nerds having to do a very public face.

I'd be about as interesting as Kimi Raikkonen.

Bwoah.

Hey, even my mother has conversational quirks that actively annoy me that I'd be glad to talk about if you like, but it's not really germane to the Giant Bomb OT.

I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who are annoyed by the way I speak. If you guys want to get together to start a Bubble Metropolis OT (and additionally pay me $5/month for my Gaf posts if you'd like), I'd be glad to let you complain about me all the time in a thread that I won't bother to read.

I don't know why we gotta act like these dudes are perfect sensitive children here. I'm glad Rorie is a part of the site and greatly appreciate his input on more conversational things like the Bombcast, but dude consistently drops whoppers that make my eyes roll out of my head. You love it, I don't. This is the place to discuss that.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You know, if you're that bothered by every iota of criticism in this thread, you could always join the other yes-men at Giant Bomb proper.

Or maybe i don't like to be talked down for finding something endearing/funny?

I don't say that i find the people who don't like rorie terrifying. Like whatever, he can voice that he doesn't like some parts of rorie. I'll voice my support for rorie. We don't need to go beyond that.

Maybe consider it's how the fanbase treat each other instead of thinking that I'm constantly trying to suck the duder's balls. Jesus.

You know the attitude can get iffy around here but let's not make it worse than people complaining and than people complaining about the complainers.

Skyzard

Banned
Everyone on giantbomb is decent. I've warmed up to pretty much everyone. None are assholes.

I'm liking how much Ben seems to be enjoying himself on the last few videos - especially UPFs and bombast.

Meneses

Didn't watch anything this friday, let's check the comments...

A playdate of one of the most boring games and another piece of content with a lot of Rorie.

I guess it will be the first time i'll actually skip both coasts.

Wunder

Is there a game that any of the duders is super good at? Besides Jeff at Blitz which feels like Dan's Soul Calibur career at times

oti

Banned
"What are you up to this weekend Brad?"
"Hanging out in the house. Same thing I do every weekend."

I love you, Brad.

Didn't watch anything this friday, let's check the comments...

A playdate of one of the most boring games and another piece of content with a lot of Rorie.

I guess it will be the first time i'll actually skip both coasts.

Agreed. There has been way too much Rorie as of late.

Skyzard

Banned
Rorie is an admin. He has a lot of work to do and tries his best, even with anxiety, in front of cameras, bright lights and a live audience while keeping up with chat, the game in progress and the conversation. I'm gonna give the dude some slack for sometimes talking too much. I'd probably be the same, and he's clearly quite nice.

Rewatching the Kerbal vids with vinny alex and austin atm

It's never too early to re-watch a Mario Party Party.

I'm on number 4 now. Kinda been stalled on it for a while because the cheese thing keeps chilling me to the very core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom