• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

All you need is VGCW, really. Especially now Baz McMahon is back (which is basically Vince McMahon except he says things like "you cheeky buggers!").

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
so, Grumpy Cat is appearing on WWE Raw tonight.

B2bgFqXCAAE08Pj.png

dan, come in here and defend this shit.

This is impossible to defend.

Seriously though, I just hope they don't stress the cat out too much. The show's going to continue to be awful so it doesn't really matter if they get more WrestleCrap material.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Grumpy Cat is a better performer/written character than anyone in the WWE though. It's really Gurmpy Cat degrading herself, not the WWE.

kvk1

What if Mick Foley made an appearance and jumped on the cat from 60 feet up in the air with thumbtacks stuck to his body?

That's wrestling, right? Or at least what I remember of it from middle school.

What if Mick Foley made an appearance and jumped on the cat from 60 feet up in the air with thumbtacks stuck to his body.

That's wrestling, right? Or at least what I remember of it from middle school.

so long as it's a cage match with the title belt about 20 feet in the air and a ladder in the cage, then it's fine.

Myggen

I think it's extra funny that it's Grumpy Cat. Like, that stopped being a popular meme a while ago, right? It says something about WWE that when they decide to jump on a popular internet meme they choose an outdated one.

I don't think any wrestling fan can defend that shit. Just embarrassing for everyone involved, especially the cat.

Yes Jeff, I'm sure 343 doesn't care about the series at all and went through all the work of creating the extremely intricate package only to release it early before it was ready because they wanted to.

Are the gaming minute videos actually popular? Seems like something much more suited to an actual article rather than an extremely vague and oddly corporate sounding video.

Patryn

I think it's extra funny that it's Grumpy Cat. Like, that stopped being a popular meme a while ago, right? It says something about WWE that when they decide to jump on a popular internet meme they choose an outdated one.

I don't think any wrestling fan can defend that shit. Just embarrassing for everyone involved, especially the cat.

I think it's getting a television holiday special soon. Hence why it's showing up on Raw as part of the promotional tour.

Fun fact: The cat will be voiced by Aubrey Plaza.

Yes Jeff, I'm sure 343 doesn't care about the series at all and went through all the work of creating the extremely intricate package only to release it early before it was ready because they wanted to.

Are the gaming minute videos actually popular? Seems like something much more suited to an actual article rather than an extremely vague and oddly corporate sounding video.

You do know the purpose of them is for CBS radio segments, and Jeff just kind of puts them up on the web site for fun, right? They're not written or produced for the Giant Bomb audience.

They get aired on CBS Radio.

its meant for people like your dad

radio stations can play them syndicated like movie reviews or other news stories

Xater

Seeing that Cat thing, I am really, really, really happy I took a break from main WWE for the last few months. I know I will come back in 2015 (for Rumble), but the stuff I am seeing in GIFs and hearing about when gone is PRETTY BAD.

Still watching NXT (in Europe, so not on Network), and enjoying that,on it's own. I really don't feel a need to go back to the main product, other than I do not want to miss Rumble

I am not dreading Zayn and Neville getting main roster call ups

I only watch NXT and Lucha Underground right now and I am way happier this way. Well and occasionally some New japan stuff. Definitely going to get Wrestle Kingdom 9.

B2bgFqXCAAE08Pj.png

For this to work out, Grumpy Cat needs to be joined by a pair of identical cats. With nine lives a piece, a trio of cats are the perfect form of subliminal suggestion for the WWE.

Also, Grumpy Cat better be in the new wrestling game as a playable character.

Dan, give up on the WWE and just switch to OSW Review. It will make you remember why you are a huge mark without having to watch wrestling now and forget why you are a huge mark.

Give me a recap Coldman

WELL BASICALLY

• at the end of last series, Gabe Newell went insane and basically turned into his shadow form (to use a simple Persona 4 comparison)
  • he seems to have ran away, essentially, which is good because no-one died but bad because now we're down a GM
  • Bazza McMahon finally got released from jail, and is overseeing proceedings because he doesn't trust Adam Jensen to run shit. He believes Zangief is still the company's biggest face, and seems unpertubed by the numerous global takeovers in his absence
  • Bazza calls for a second Great Tournament to determine the next GM of VGCW. This tournament includes Waluigi, Ebisumaru from the Mystical Ninja games, Kefka, Ganon and even Bazza himself, amongst others
  • whilst all this is happening, Scorpion is still champ, Saiyans are feuding with PK Chu (Ness and Red) for the Tag Team belts, Proto Man is now a heel and refers to himself as Break Man (calling Proto Man his slave name), he's now in a tag-team with Air Man called the Mavericks
  • oh and Arino is in hospital reading fan mail
  • plus Travis Touchdown finally became a VGCW Superstar and isn't half bad

popo

If I could get RAW then I would watch just for the cat. Not really the target audience though so I can see the anger.

Seriously though, I just hope they don't stress the cat out too much. The show's going to continue to be awful so it doesn't really matter if they get more WrestleCrap material.

I can't see it really being live. A loud audience like that would be cruel. Maybe filmed at another location or backstage and shown on the arena screens live.

I almost jumped on that until I realized it was actually $15 off like usual. Oh well.

If you want value the buy a regular monthly sub and you can download years of past premium content for $5 and then unsub. I know a fair few ppl who sub one month a year.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
If I could get RAW then I would watch just for the cat. Not really the target audience though so I can see the anger.

I can't see it being live. A loud audience like that would be cruel. Taped segment is more likely.

I don't think the WWE knows its target audience anyway. So really, you'd fit right in with everybody else, confused and angry at the three hours that just passed.

Fox318

B2bgFqXCAAE08Pj.png

This type of shit, John Cena, and Linda McMahon's failed political campaign are what has killed professional wrestling and turned it into Sports Entertainment.

And Sports Entertainment isn't making any money.

WrestlingSports Entertainment is the only thing on TV where there are more people that used to be fans then people watching the product.

Mobile games on UPF? BLEH.

Think of it as charity to a great man who made great games, but people stopped liking it, so he made a shit game and everyone's all over it.

Internet memes on RAW?

Hatsune Miku can't be far behind.

tumblr_ne3a6rUznr1r96fbco2_400.gif

"IT WAS ME, AUSTIN-KUN."

"Oi baka desu ne!"

"IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!"

WELL BASICALLY

• at the end of last series, Gabe Newell went insane and basically turned into his shadow form (to use a simple Persona 4 comparison)
  • he seems to have ran away, essentially, which is good because no-one died but bad because now we're down a GM
  • Bazza McMahon finally got released from jail, and is overseeing proceedings because he doesn't trust Adam Jensen to run shit. He believes Zangief is still the company's biggest face, and seems unpertubed by the numerous global takeovers in his absence
  • Bazza calls for a second Great Tournament to determine the next GM of VGCW. This tournament includes Waluigi, Ebisumaru from the Mystical Ninja games, Kefka, Ganon and even Bazza himself, amongst others
  • whilst all this is happening, Scorpion is still champ, Saiyans are feuding with PK Chu (Ness and Red) for the Tag Team belts, Proto Man is now a heel and refers to himself as Break Man (calling Proto Man his slave name), he's now in a tag-team with Air Man called the Mavericks
  • oh and Arino is in hospital reading fan mail
  • plus Travis Touchdown finally became a VGCW Superstar and isn't half bad

OMFG

Every time I drop this, I end up picking it back up months later and regretting the time away.

Top Bottom