• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Zaph

Someone rigged up a real third person camera car a few years back and got some top Gran Turismo player to drive it.

He didn't do very well. It was a lot harder than you'd think.

Flandy

What have I done?
15630678720_e0e16ee028_b.jpg

It's a shame that GTA is just so unlikable for me as a series. It looks nice and is technically impressive, but I just can't stand doing ANYTHING that GTA wants you to do.

popo

Do Brad and Dan like the gfx? They have not said yet.

GTA is the movie cliche of the nerdy girl in baggy sweaters and nerd glasses. Brad is suddenly hot for her when she gets a make over. At least he admits as much in the QL.

Brad is going to make a case for GTA V in GOTY 2014.

Does not qualify. Or by definition, Last of Us would almost certainly have to win again.

why does this thread always crawl through the last 100 pages at a snail's pace

can we talk about our GB dads again, will that make 40 posts appear out nowhere, mine is Jeff obv

Myggen

It's rare that I get frustrated by watching anyone play games, but my god Brad plays slowly in this GTA V QL. It does a good job of showing off the game, but he literally doesn't kill anyone for the entire QL (I sound like quite the psychopath saying that).

edit: Was 43 minutes into the QL so spoke a bit too soon, bit still!

Alfredo

Brad barely did anything in the GTA V Quick Look. Stark contrast with what Vinny would do in such a game. This one even had a dog situation for direct comparison!

...what I'm saying is...I want GB East to do a Quick Look, too. Maybe on the next "Play Date," lol.

popo

Brad barely did anything in the GTA V Quick Look. Stark contrast with what Vinny would do in such a game. This one even had a dog situation for direct comparison!

...what I'm saying is...I want GB East to do a Quick Look, too. Maybe on the next "Play Date," lol.

GBeast is boxed up in storage until the new year.

Myggen

I'm sure they'll do something with GTA V when they're able to stream something again.

GBeast is boxed up in storage until the new year.

That long?!

Vinny is an open world artist*.

*out of mission

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
GTA V is like the polar opposite of Unity/Far Cry. While it does have a lot of side missions and things on the mini-map, I've always appreciated its 'hey man, there's stuff in this game. you can go find out about it if you want, but we're not telling you anything about it. just letting you stumble on it.' Where as Unity and other AC games just feel like ,'LOOK WE SPENT A LOT OF TIME ON THIS SHIT YOU NEED TO SEE EVERYTHING WE ADDED' in all caps.

popo

I'm sure they'll do something with GTA V when they're able to stream something again.

That long?!

Alex said that the new studio would be ready about the time that they hit SF for GOTY taping (suggesting both Alex and Vinny are flying out) and that Vinny would be setting up the gear when they get back. He said they would be up and runnineg again after the holidays.

Not that long when you include holidays. Only 1 week and change until US Turkey Day and little over 5 weeks until the xmas break.

Couldnt Vinny just stream to twitch from a ps4? I know it wouldn't be ideal but it's better than nothing

He is in rented accommodation so who knows what his internet is like. Plus he would have to buy at least an El Gato or something for consoles. Asking a lot.

Alex said that the new studio would be ready about the time that they hit SF for GOTY taping (suggesting both Alex and Vinny are flying out) and that Vinny would be setting up the gear when they get back. He said they would be up and runnineg again after the holidays.

Not that long when you include holidays. Only 1 week and change until US Turkey Day and little over 5 weeks until the xmas break.

Ahh, okay, that seems a lot more reasonable. Should make for an exciting new year.

Myggen

2651097-jeff_loves_yoshi.gif

Hope they're still able to do some stuff in the meantime. Seems like it's almost 2 months of downtime for them.

It's rare that I get frustrated by watching anyone play games, but my god Brad plays slowly in this GTA V QL. It does a good job of showing off the game, but he literally doesn't kill anyone for the entire QL (I sound like quite the psychopath saying that).

He kills one dude with melee, IIRC.

Fox318

You really think a person who dresses guinea pigs up to do recreations of Oklahoma! is gonna play a game like GTA in a way that would be entertaining to watch?

Myggen

He kills one dude with melee, IIRC.

Shoots some dudes in cars near the end. Informative if not the most entertaining QL. Anyways, showed me that I want to buy this game, so there's that!

You really think a person who dresses guinea pigs up to do recreations of Oklahoma! is gonna play a game like GTA in a way that would be entertaining to watch?

Haha, fair enough.

Coldman, you should just make a new thread. Don't need those last posts!

shwimpy

Zaph

That twitter account has to be his girlfriends doing, right?

Otherwise Brad may be cracking. Too many perceived slights.

popo

Hope they're still able to do some stuff in the meantime. Seems like it's almost 2 months of downtime for them.

After this week it is 4 full weeks. Less whatever they take off for Thanksgiving. Less a week spent in SF. So call it 2 and a half weeks with no streaming. Alex spent like 2 years with little to no streaming :D I am sure they will be able to record some things in SF around the GOTY work.

No, I must see the 200, I must!

At this point I am just staying up so I can slate whatever lame pun you went with as the thread title. ;-P

Myggen

After this week it is 4 full weeks. Less whatever they take off for Thanksgiving. Less a week spent in SF. So call it 2 and a half weeks with no streaming. Alex spent like 2 years with little to no streaming :D I am sure they will be able to record some things in SF around the GOTY work.

Don't try to convince me of this not being a huge deal!

Thanksgiving is off Thursday and Friday, right? I can never keep up with these American holidays.

The graphics of GTA5 are nice, but i'm not sure I see why they blow people's minds. It just seems like a nice looking game. Might be something I'd notice or appreciate more if I had played it before.

I shot at everything in GTA.

People. Kids. Dogs. Birds. Cars. Houses. Water.

The amount of wildlife in GTA V amazes me. I didn't expect it at all. I remember almost running over a bunch of deer, swerving off-road, going up this massive dirt ramp at a wonky angle and landing upside down and exploding immediately. Hilarious.

Wish the story wasn't shite.

Shoots some dudes in cars near the end. Informative if not the most entertaining QL. Anyways, showed me that I want to buy this game, so there's that!

Does that really count for much, though? I could go any number of places online to get information about the port. That's not what I go to Giant Bomb for. I don't mean to be super negative, but it felt like I was watching the QL waiting for them to get to the fireworks factory the whole time.

Myggen

Does that really count for much, though? I could go any number of places online to get information about the port. That's not what I go to Giant Bomb for. I don't mean to be super negative, but it felt like I was watching the QL waiting for them to get to the fireworks factory the whole time.

Yeah, I agree. The dog incident almost made it worth it though :p

OMG president and ceo of VinCo makes his way back for the GOTY bombcasts? Vinny and Dan together is going to be magical...

The graphics of GTA5 are nice, but i'm not sure I see why they blow people's minds. It just seems like a nice looking game. Might be something I'd notice or appreciate more if I had played it before.

I think it comes down to the graphical quality combined with the scale and lack of copy paste environments. Individual screenshots and scenes aren't overly impressive in a vacuum, but considering the scale of it all is impressive. At least you can see the insanely high budget reflected in the crazy amount of detail they put into the game.

Top Bottom