• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast reaches 500 episodes, what are your favorite moments?

Proc

I love this thread. So many great memories with these guys.

I wish Vinny would stop by the west coast podcast once and a while.

Jhoan

I didn't really start listening to podcasts until I got a smartphone 6 years ago. On mobile but anything related to the Shit Bandit that went on for a few weeks had me in tears. Also pre-Ryan Davis' death, people who drop a deuce into those money tubes meant for banks.

Also the episode where Matt Kessler and John Drake ripped Dan apart and poked fun of him when Dan told the story on how he intentionally messed up his eye sight to get glasses slayed me. I wish Kessler and Drake were on again together but that's impossible these days.

Tagyhag

"Control the clown!"

"I CANNOT CONTROL THE CLOWN"

"Ryan if you can't control the clown then the clown will control you"

"THE CLOWN DOES WHAT IT WANTS"

https://youtu.be/LwtXTT9_WXY

That stupid moment with Ryan's random deep voice made me burst out loud in public and I was dying of embarrassment lol.

The Wii/DS shop segment made 2010 very special, I understood why they got rid of it, but it was so good.

I didn't really start listening to podcasts until I got a smartphone 6 years ago. On mobile but anything related to the Shit Bandit that went on for a few weeks had me in tears. Also pre-Ryan Davis' death, people who drop a deuce into those money tubes meant for banks.

Also the episode where Matt Kessler and John Drake ripped Dan apart and poked fun of him when Dan told the story on how he intentionally messed up his eye sight to get glasses slayed me. I wish Kessler and Drake were on again together but that's impossible these days.

Oh god I forgot about the pneumatic tube discussion.

Majine

Banned
Nowadays, The Beastcast has become what the bombcast was. Jeff (Gerstmann) is amazing as always, but he doesn't have someone to riff with anymore. That was Vinny. Hope the new hire is that person.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I listened from the beginning up until a bit after Dan left. The show kind of slumped in my opinion and wasn't worth the 3 hours each week. Has it picked back up at all? Is it worth going back?

Also, Bombcast is at it's best when they aren't talking about video games.

TheXbox

God damn, I was wondering when they'd get there. I hope they do something really special for their tenth anniversary.
Big Live Live Show?

Favorite episode was GotY 2011. Great debate, best game won :)

The podcast that made love podcasts. Listen to these guys each week and somehow can't get enough. Here are a few of my favorite moments.

Recounting a six-hour Gears of War 3 Horde match. Just the way they described this felt so tense. It made me re-buy a 360 just to play it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5E8qvLRL-U

"I'm a wizard..." Vinny describes dialogue from Dragon Age 2. I remember laughing out loud while walking down the street when I heard this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgxesYw1ABE

I couldn't find the clip, but one of my favorite moments is when the crew was discussing a legal dispute over the ownership of the Duke Nukem franchise, and Vinny said something like:
"You own Duke Nukem."
"No, no, that's Ok. You can own it."

Really wish I could find it because I remember losing it.

Courage

I listened from the beginning up until a bit after Dan left. The show kind of slumped in my opinion and wasn't worth the 3 hours each week. Has it picked back up at all? Is it worth going back?

Also, Bombcast is at it's best when they aren't talking about video games.
Bombcast has been weak lately, but the Beastcast is great. I assume you already listen to that though.

ryushe

DAMNIT MAN!! I came in here to post this. You stole my shit!!

Seriously though, that segment made me a fan of the Fast and Furious franchise.
same!

I've only watched the first movie up until that point, but after that episode I binge watched up to the 5th movie all in a single day. Now I own the entire collection, will see every movie in theaters and actually cried at the end of Fast7! Lol

https://youtu.be/dHsgjNPm-Rc

Sorry, was on mobile.

Man I miss Ryan

I still listen to the Bombcast. But its like an old marriage now. I listen out of habbit and not because there is any joy in it. Joy I am getting on the side with her sister the Beastcast.

Z_Y

Still hard for me to listen to old bombcasts with Ryan Davis. It makes me so sad. The guy was amazing.

ryushe

Man I miss Ryan

I still listen to the Bombcast. But its like an old marriage now. I listen out of habbit and not because there is any joy in it. Joy I am getting on the side with her sister the Beastcast.
This perfectly describes my relationship now as well..

FHIZ

There was one shortly after Vinny became a dad and went on a rant about how having an infant is most of the time making sure it doesn’t kill itself meanwhile you watch Discovery channel and gazelles are running away from cheetahs 30 minutes after birth.

Drew recounting the MSNBC report of two planes full of sky-divers colliding... AND EVERYONE LIVED, INCLUDING THE PILOT, AND THEY CAUGHT IT ALL ON GO-PROS

Jeff talking about his Dominos Breadbowl Pasta order after that Extra Life stream

Vinny asking how Patrick got tomato sauce to come out of a shower head... and Ryan's "HE POURED IT OVER HIS HEAD, OH MY GOD"

During one of the e-mails, Vinny refusing to take the pill that reduces your requisite sleeping time to one hour. "This is bad, it's evil!"

As someone who can't play every video game out there despite wanting to experience all the big franchises, I really liked when the crew finally broke down their feelings on Mass Effect 3 when Brad finished it and the Leviathan DLC. Vinny did that shoutout to the Hyperion Cantos too!

On that same vein, I could never get into the modern GTA games, but one of the earlier Bombcasts where Jeff talked about GTAIV, and Niko's arc compared to the later DLCs' protagonists, was very interesting for me. "All he wants to do is find that "special someone,"
ice that motherfucker
, and everything will be fine. And that's the good thing about that story, is they don't let him off the hook after that." Something to that effect, it was among the first times that I started to get into the Bombcast after the Decimation of 1UP. (Yes I spoiler-tagged an 8-year-old game >_>)

Will probably keep posting in this thread with more moments.

blueredandgold

Neo Member
Quick mentions, in no particular order:

Patrick, Ryan, and Vinny play out Witcher 2's Blue Stripes v Scoia'tael dynamic (Fuck you, pig!)

"Thanks-giving" (Brad's pronunciations)

Dan vs Jason (every god damn episode for a while there)

Jeff and the brouhaha involving Saint's Row 4 DLC and the Australian ratings classification ("here's my problem with this....")

Anybody remember these?

Been listening since the beginning but stopped listening to it consistently since early 2016. I'm happy they made it this far and managed to make it every Tuesday. Hell of a milestone.

Top Bottom