• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast reaches 500 episodes, what are your favorite moments?

Altairre

Apart from the obvious classics, I vividly remember the one episode where they talked about/mocked the business decisions inside Nintendo shortly after the WiiU came out with Jeff assuming the role of an exec. I was on the train on my way home and just couldn't help but laugh. The people around me looked at me like I'm crazy and that segment went on for a while. Don't know if there's a clip anywhere.

repeater

Lots of great stuff here (and a lot that I haven't heard myself, being a fairly late arrival to the party), but here's one that I don't think has been brought up yet:

Patrick predicts the future of the Xbox One

When this happened, I had only been listening to the Bombcast for a couple of weeks. This little segment was probably one of the reasons I got definitely hooked.

woopWOOP

I only started watching these guys the last three years or so

That UNLIMITED ANIME podcast commercial always makes me smile

ryushe

I wish I had the clip...

Vinny was talking about how he was eating alone in a hotel restaurant or something when a woman came up to him and said something to the effect of "I know what it's like... Here's my room #."
Omg someone please find this

The "Ryan is a narc" episode is peak bombcast. Like the whole thing beginning to end is incredible. That is also the California Extreme episode where Patrick gets to discover the wonders of buying an arcade machine and they fuck around talking about company Twitter profiles and RC Cola's beef with Pepsi.
That was all the same episode?

Fuck...

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
There we go.

Ryan has taught me so many dumb turns of phrase. "YOU MAKE WORDS FOR A LIVING"

Speaking of which, Jeff does this too:

...then step out with a handful of ACTION...

I came in hoping to find this one, but in my memory it was Ryan that came out with "handful of action", I can hear it so vividly in his voice. Easily one of my favourite stories, I cracked the hell up the first time I heard that line.

Giant Bombcast considers getting a Coke Freestyle machine - YouTube

Jeff is a terrible homeowner and tenant - Youtube

I like the new guys, and the East meets West stuff, but damn do I miss the old days of the bombcast! :(

I remember playing the mass effect games just cracking up listening to this while mining planets!

EDIT: Well, thanks GAF, now I am going down a hole of listening to old bombcasts and about pull out my copy of Battlefield: Bad Company 1. Look what you made me do! Also, been said, but miss Ryan a ton!
The Bombcast Start To Feel Old With The Ever Changng Defintion Of "Classic Rock"

One of my favourite parts of the whole Leigh Alexander thing is when she was talking super fast, going a mile a minute, and I think she mentions the Xbox 360 launch. There's a brief pause and you hear Jeff pipe up saying, "it's like an inhale" and then she just goes right back to what she was saying, barely skipping a beat.

---

I always loved this bit. Some real classic Jeff + Ryan comedy.

"My sister takes the non-frosted strawberry poptarts--"

"I bet she does! Wh-what does that even mean?"

chogidogs

That whole series of Australian beef emails. That or Nintendownloads reads.

Seriously, when I feel like I need a pick me up, I put that best of Bombcast on YouTube on random and just veg out. Congrats on 500!

Bladelaw

Dan baffling the staff at a lack of knowledge of almost every adult thing.
Sous vide cooking tips with Matt and Drew
Ryan's "It's Tuesday the...." I love the way he said it.
Jason's God Eater/Monster Hunter minute(s) actually got me to buy and play the shit out of both games
WiiWare/DSiWare Releases of the week

There was an episode where Jeff would randomly play a siren/alarm thing on his phone at incredible points during various conversations.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

China don't care..

12xe81.jpg

Jharp

I will spend many hours later this week or this weekend clicking on the links in this thread, reliving some memories of college and my first three jobs listening to this podcast over the last eight years (I came into it in 2009).

Also, there are a few collections out there that are fantastic. Specifically the This Year Collection podcasts, if anyone's interested.

I'm also probably going to cry remembering Ryan and how much the dynamic on the show changed after his passing, but how they still were able to keep it fresh and good.

BaneDrain

Unfortunately I can't provide a link since I've had real trouble tracking it down. It was an earlier Bombcast back when they were still doing drink taste tests as their first segment.

Anyway, it was Jeff and Ryan talking about how good Squirt is, and Ryan remarked about leaving a bottle of it in his car, and how one should never truck around with warm Squirt. From there, Jeff went on to say some kind of innuendo, and I just remember laughing out loud while on the trolley listening to it.

jettpack

Fav moment.... every one with Ryan Davis ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️. I still love the podcast but I also still miss Ryan. They've done great since he left , but it still brings me sadness. ❤️⭐️🙌⭐️♥️

border

Does anyone have a link to Vinny talking about how he used to have to dress up as Skateasaurus for his job at a local roller rink? That was one of my favorite anecdotes.

Top Bottom