• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Spoiler Snakecast 9/18/2015 (MGSV SPOILERS EVERYWHERE)

Myggen

***THERE'S GONNA BE MGSV SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD***

COfW-unUkAAx7Vo.jpg

Date: 09/18/2015 - Duration: 01:41:38- Download

Our long-running Giant Spoiler Snakecast series returns with a top-to-bottom discussion about every inch of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Spoilers.

On this podcast: Brad, Jeff, Dan and Jason.

Visit the GBGAF community thread if you're tired of MGSV spoilers.

KarmaCow

It's going to be weird listening to this while doing side ops and mission objectives in MGSV.

Wow that's longer than I expected them to talk about this dumb story lol.

I imagine it will be more than just this game and the MGS legacy as a whole.

Lys86

Neo Member
Do they talk about the story through Chapter 2 as well? Don't want to listen yet if they cover things beyond the (first) rolling of the credits.

KarmaCow

Do they talk about the story through Chapter 2 as well? Don't want to listen yet if they cover things beyond the (first) rolling of the credits.

Of course they do. The idea of having a spoiler cast without completing the game is ludicrous.

Lys86

Neo Member
Of course they do. The idea of having a spoiler cast without completing the game is ludicrous.

Thanks, I assumed as much -- but since you get long credits at that point, and it's such a strange game to start with, I figured I'd ask.

chogidogs

Glad they talked about MG1.

Solid Snake killing the Phantom on 1 and real Big Boss at 2 completely went over my head.

Part of the discussion on the podcast is that scene with Venom turning the tape on, with the fighting in the background that is basically Metal Gear.

The idea of remaking Metal Gear in 3D is a fun fantasy for me. I don't know who they would be, it was just a general statement.

hamchan

Haha most of them are shitting on the story. Game is still leading GOTY though since I think most of them are sensible enough to give the MGS story the respect it deserves (near nothing).

Haunted

Having people talk about a game they finished in a dedicated spoilercast is a good idea. Idle Thumbs recently did it for Her Story and that was a good listen as well.

Conversely, hearing Chris and the others talk about MGSV after basically only playing the tutorial and not really having gotten to the actual game yet was pretty hard/painful to listen to. :D

Haha most of them are shitting on the story. Game is still leading GOTY though since I think most of them are sensible enough to give the MGS story the respect it deserves (near nothing).
The core gameplay is so good that I can see MGSV making a lot of Top 10 lists at the end of the year, but with the amount of misses it has (structure, pacing, story), I can't see it making a serious run for goty, really.

killroy87

If Mordor can win GOTY with the entire crew not only shitting on the story, but having 100% indifference to it, then MGSV is in fine shape.

Haunted

yeah on UPF they mentioned it was 2 hours. I too was, how?
I imagine there's going to be a lot of talk about the game itself, great emergent moments, the general structure and pacing etc

It's a spoilercast because they talk about everything, not just the story.

killroy87

2014 wasn't as bad as they pretended like it was.

2014 was a great year. But when more people on the crew play games like mordor than games like Divinity, then it's going to look like a weak year when you see the list.

It's in the Giant Bomb Presents feed. Search for it in iTunes, sub because it's good.

Unless I'm completely blind, it isn't showing up there either. Latest episode I'm fetching is something about Denny Unger.

KorrZ

MGSV has a good chance of hitting GOTY for them considering it's probably one of the only games that all of them will have completed by then.

Not to mention it's amazing gameplay of course. The only thing I can really see challenging it for them is Fallout 4. Witcher 3 is out since none of them have finished it. Jeff might push for Mario Maker but I can't see that taking the top spot.

Anth0ny

it'll win goty from GB off the strength of the gameplay alone

honestly, it's probably my GOTY for the same reason. I still need to finish bloodborne, though.

Top Bottom