• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater 2: Rage Burst - [OT] "What big teeth you've got!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Switched to buster for some variety. Feels a bit harder to use, but lots of fun.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Got to rank 12 yesterday and wow, a 5 phase long survival mission?!
Was to late to try to tackle it, but I'll try my luck today. I really like what they did with the story.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Switched to buster for some variety. Feels a bit harder to use, but lots of fun.

its a fantastic weapon that can break and continue to deal decent damage to exposed weakspots due to lots of the different models having both crush and slash damage. the buster sword is actually what i main if am not using the scythe.

to make it easier to handle and keep the combos going most def get athlete, stamina regen and combo master.

the r1 square shield parry sword uppercut us a great way to continue an attack chain. watch the buster sword vid in the OT you will see me using it.

Got to rank 12 yesterday and wow, a 5 phase long survival mission?!
Was to late to try to tackle it, but I'll try my luck today. I really like what they did with the story.

most def do like the survival missions after trying the initial one it taught me to get preset equipment combinations ready before hand since unless i missed it did not seem like i could swap out gear otherwise.

really am happy with rage burst as this feels like a real expansion which really does improve on a lot of the existing mchanics

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Yeah I already have near max stamina so it's not a huge deal there.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Weird, I reached rank 13 yesterday and I still can't upgrade my rank 11 Shirogane stuff.
Given how fast I'm getting through missions it's not really a problem, but I thought that equipment ranks unlock together with mission ranks.
Anyway, I'm finally fighting against new monsters other than the one with big hands, which appeared earlier.

Parakeetman referred me to this thread :)

my friends and I are picking this up tomorrow in Hong Kong, we'll be playing the localized vita edition of the game

I know there are lots of "bonding" events in this game between the MC and other characters. What we really wanna know is whether there is any subtle, very slight romantic undertones?

What I saw on other forums is that
Ciel and Yuno's interactions with the male MC can be interpreted as being a little bit romantic. Just wondering if this is true and how the red hood Livia's bonding events are as well.

Parakeetman

Hasemo showed that fellow GAF member over here since you are one of the few people that have made it to the Rage Burst content. Im still busy with tons of other stuff so have not been able to progress as Ive wanted to with my new data. D:

----

Current Media Create sales info for GE2 RB. Looks like the PSV version came out on top. Not surprising considering.

[PSV] God Eater 2: Rage Burst (Bandai Namco, 02/19/15) – 234,180 (New)
[PS4] God Eater 2: Rage Burst (Bandai Namco, 02/19/15) – 37,824 (New)

http://www.4gamer.net/games/117/G011794/20150225075/

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Parakeetman referred me to this thread :)

my friends and I are picking this up tomorrow in Hong Kong, we'll be playing the localized vita edition of the game

I know there are lots of "bonding" events in this game between the MC and other characters. What we really wanna know is whether there is any subtle, very slight romantic undertones?

What I saw on other forums is that
Ciel and Yuno's interactions with the male MC can be interpreted as being a little bit romantic. Just wondering if this is true and how the red hood Livia's bonding events are as well.
Very slight? I guess, although it feels more like Mary Sue than anything else. I still don't have access to Livia's character episodes, so I don't know how those play out.

Still on rank 13, I wanted to finish the story today, but I fell asleep, lol.
Regarding Blood Arts, so far I got the square and triangle ones up to max level (Short Sword user here), but since most monsters in the late game require you to attack their heads/tails or are flying, I've decided to try the midair square one. I said damn, it feels so much more powerful than all the rest. I'm decimating most r13 monsters in under 5 minutes.

Parakeetman

Very slight? I guess, although it feels more like Mary Sue than anything else. I still don't have access to Livia's character episodes, so I don't know how those play out.

Regarding Blood Arts, so far I got the square and triangle ones up to max level (Short Sword user here), but since most monsters in the late game require you to attack their heads/tails or are flying, I've decided to try the midair square one. I said damn, it feels so much more powerful than all the rest. I'm decimating most r13 monsters in under 5 minutes.

Thats for helping answer his questions :)

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
By the way, when I launched the game today I noticed that I've already played RB for over 45 hours... 10+ is my demo play time and I think I've left the game on for extended periods of time for quite a few times, but I was still surprised.

Parakeetman

By the way, when I launched the game today I noticed that I've already played RB for over 45 hours... 10+ is my demo play time and I think I've left the game on for extended periods of time for quite a few times, but I was still surprised.

haha that is a pretty good chunk of time considering the game came out not too long ago. I wish I could have put in that much. My current PT might be only about 20 with having restarted. D:

Parakeetman

Holy shit, that's almost a magnitude. Expected a significant edge but not a complete stomp.

It was pretty much expected since all of the fans are from the Vita that were not PSP owners.

Had mentioned in the media create thread that this title is just an expansion to a previous version of the game it would not drive folks to do impulse purchases for the system just for the title alone.

If it was God Eater 3 we might have seen something a bit different.

thank you very much ~ i will check back here and ask you again in some time to see how livia pans out :)

you said you still wanted to finish the story today - you mean finishing the story of ge2 right? have you started ge2rb's story content? if you have, how come Livia still isn't showing up yet? hope she doesn't show up too late to have no bonding events, she seems like the most interesting character! reminds me of the character with a hoody named Strength in BRS.

looks like ge2rb is a LONG game, which is very nice, since you have to finish ge2 before moving on the ge2rb. fantastic value!

would any of you guys say ge2rb's "new story content" is quite meaty, as in comparable to the length of the original ge2 story?

----------

1) is Yuno's song performance thing, which was originally only available if you buy a CD something, now included in the GE2RB game?
2) What is this rank 13 rank 14 thing? I'm confused because Idk whether thats referring to GE2 or GE2RB story?

Kysen

I hit rank 14 yesterday and finally maxed all the blood arts for the scythe. Love the weapon, so easy to get damage at range. I also stuck with a sniper this time around instead of meteor spam with a blast weapon. The damage is very good when you get criticals.

Being able to stack skills on any weapon/armor makes some combinations just plain crazy.
Currently
-I do 100% extra damage to non mission targets
-cant be 1 shot if I have 51 or more hp(not blocking)
-cant be killed if I am blocking no matter the damage
-passively deal +x% melee and gun damage
-OP costs cut in half and use stamina as well
-gain hp on hit while in burst mode (scythe BA hits count as multiple)
-gain hp while performing the eat attack
-special melee attack boosted by x%
-HP/OP/ST all maxed

would any of you guys say ge2rb's "new story content" is quite meaty, as in comparable to the length of the original ge2 story?

I'd say its far less and relies more on the previous games content (though I haven't finished yet). New players will have a lot of content to grind through to get to the new stuff. I'm 45hrs in and transferred my progress from the last game so went straight to rank 6.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
thank you very much ~ i will check back here and ask you again in some time to see how livia pans out :)

you said you still wanted to finish the story today - you mean finishing the story of ge2 right? have you started ge2rb's story content? if you have, how come Livia still isn't showing up yet? hope she doesn't show up too late to have no bonding events, she seems like the most interesting character! reminds me of the character with a hoody named Strength in BRS.

looks like ge2rb is a LONG game, which is very nice, since you have to finish ge2 before moving on the ge2rb. fantastic value!

----------

1) is Yuno's song performance thing, which was originally only available if you buy a CD something, now included in the GE2RB game?
2) What is this rank 13 rank 14 thing? I'm confused because Idk whether thats referring to GE2 or GE2RB story?
I transferred my save so I started from rank 6, so the same as Kysen. And yeah, clearing the game from rank 1 will take a long time.
I hit rank 14 yesterday and finally maxed all the blood arts for the scythe. Love the weapon, so easy to get damage at range. I also stuck with a sniper this time around instead of meteor spam with a blast weapon. The damage is very good when you get criticals.

Being able to stack skills on any weapon/armor makes some combinations just plain crazy.
Currently
-I do 100% extra damage to non mission targets
-cant be 1 shot if I have 51 or more hp(not blocking)
-cant be killed if I am blocking no matter the damage
-passively deal +x% melee and gun damage
-gain hp on hit while in burst mode (scythe BA hits count as multiple)
-gain hp while performing the eat attack
-special melee attack boosted by x%
-HP/OP/ST all maxed

I'd say its far less and relies more on the previous games content (though I haven't finished yet). New players will have a lot of content to grind through to get to the new stuff. I'm 45hrs in and transferred my progress from the last game so went straight to rank 6.
Yeah, I love the skill install. Can't pull my list right now, but I have so many passive damage modifiers that it's not even funny.
Is this the gunmaster/smith/whatever? I was thinking about using it, but I don't think it specified how big the cut is going to be...

Parakeetman

What does rank mean?

I still don't really get it… which rank correspond to which story (Ge2 or Ge2RB?)

Its basically the game chapters if you want to think of it in a simple sense.

Higher the rank the more difficult the missions. It goes up via story progression.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
What does rank mean?

I still don't really get it… which rank correspond to which story (Ge2 or Ge2RB?)
Story in ranks 1-6 is the same in both games. Ranks 7-10 have been changed in RB and ranks 11-15 were added. The main GE2 story end in r6.

thanks again you two

just hours away from release in HK :))

they did say GE2's story in GE2RB is now "condensed", what does "condensed" mean? did they cut events? did they cut chunks of story or what?

Hasemo: if GE2's story ends in rank 6, and Ge2RB's story begins from 7-15, shouldn't GE2RB's new story mode be longer? Thats 9 ranks compared to 6 ranks.

Finally, for new players like us, do we always start from rank 1 and progress on? Or can we skip to whichever rank we want and start the game there?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
thanks again you two

just hours away from release in HK :))

they did say GE2's story in GE2RB is now "condensed", what does "condensed" mean? did they cut events? did they cut chunks of story or what?
From what I played with thetrin it looked the same. Also remember that almost everyone posting here transferred the data from GE2 which means skipping the main vanilla story (r1-6).

thetrin

I'm in Rank 4 right now, and I have noticed some small changes in mission structure, from what Hasemo has told me.

I think they may have moved things around, though who knows? Hasemo's memory might just suck. :p

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'm in Rank 4 right now, and I have noticed some small changes in mission structure, from what Hasemo has told me.

I think they may have moved things around, though who knows? Hasemo's memory might just suck. :p
Oh yeah, some requirements to access missions seem to be different (bring items x and y) and I don't think that vanilla game had any story survivor missions. The story itself, as in cutscenes seem to be unchanged until r6.

From what I played with thetrin it looked the same. Also remember that almost everyone posting here transferred the data from GE2 which means skipping the main vanilla story (r1-6).

thanks so much for this

now you've confirmed that the vanilla story is rank1-6, and not much as been cut or changed really, then we're good to go!

Alchemy

jIqClzp.png

Damn it. I'd probably get a PS4 and Vita copy of this, so me and my wife could do some co-op.

things have been added really including the previous story dlc

even beter :D

good to see that the dlc for ge2 has been added to the ge2rb base game! Parakeetman, do you know anything about Yuno's singing DLC event? The event when she sings the theme song of the game, I think it was available as DLC for GE2 game. Just wondering if its included in Ge2RB.

If I'm wrong, curious as to what the story DLC you are referring to is?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

good to see that the dlc for ge2 has been added to the ge2rb base game! Parakeetman, do you know anything about Yuno's singing DLC event? The event when she sings the theme song of the game, I think it was available as DLC for GE2 game. Just wondering if its included in Ge2RB.

I don't know if it's the scene you're referring to, but there was a scene of Yuno singing in r2-3 in RB. Don't remember if it was there in the vanilla version.
The DLC added to the story is the 1k 防衛班 (Defense Squad) one. It's now a 1(?) story mission + multiple character episodes for all squad members.

Parakeetman

its in the OT the dlc that brings back some some of the previous GE characters and adds some new ones.

I don't know if it's the scene you're referring to, but there was a scene of Yuno singing in r2-3 in RB. Don't remember if it was there in the vanilla version.
The DLC added to the story is the 1k 防衛班 (Defense Squad) one. It's now a 1(?) story mission + multiple character episodes for all squad members.

Yuno's singing in RB? YES!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for confirming about the DLC, this looks like its bona be a long game. definitely can help me get through the dry spell on non JPN langauged PSVITA

March is a big month for HK's PSN store. Not only do we have GE2RB, there's Phantasy Star Nova as well, and uh, there's that game by compile heart.

I have a feeling Namco will localise Digimon Cyber into Traditional Mandarin too, Vita is doing so well early 2015. Much better than the 3DS

Question: is Gina available as a party member in GE2 and/or GE2RB? Are there any characters you listed in the OT that is NOT in the game and has to be unlocked via DLC?

Parakeetman

Yuno's singing in RB? YES!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for confirming about the DLC, this looks like its bona be a long game. definitely can help me get through the dry spell on non JPN langauged PSVITA

March is a big month for HK's PSN store. Not only do we have GE2RB, there's Phantasy Star Nova as well, and uh, there's that game by compile heart.

I have a feeling Namco will localise Digimon Cyber into Traditional Mandarin too, Vita is doing so well early 2015. Much better than the 3DS

Question: is Gina available as a party member in GE2 and/or GE2RB? Are there any characters you listed in the OT that is NOT in the game and has to be unlocked via DLC?

Pretty much everyone should be in there. All the characters listed in the OT are all in the game. As there is no DLC story related content for this title as of this time yet.

Kysen

The OP cost reduction skill is called trigger happy. In the last game it cut OP cost by %50 in exchange for using stamina . Made all the meteor builds possible.

Anyway the game OST that I ordered off amazon has shipped. It even comes with a DVD with the making of the music.

Parakeetman and Hasemo 大神

I want to check my understanding of the lore with you guys if possible:

1) Far-East is an organisation right? And Fenrir is an independent anti-aragami organisation? Or does Fenrir belong to the Far-East? I'm really confused about the politics of this. Who does Fenrir report to? HQ? Then who does HQ report to?

2) Yuno is from the Far-East, there is lore about how she stays in Far-East to help out a massive development project going on in that area - correct understanding?

3) So 血之力 is the strength of the blood, and there is an awakening process to go through in order to unlock this strength of blood power correct?

- Who actually has potential to unlock this strength of blood power? Because I assume this is different from detecting who has power to wield those anti-aragami weapons. Strength of blood power elevates those who can wield an anti-aragami weapon even more.

- What is this P66 "thing" (not sure how to say in English) they speak of?

4) I'm confused on this. I did read something in the in game lore that says the ability of an individual to wield the anti-aragami weapon may diminish as the person ages. True or not? Any exceptions? because I see some characters well into their 20s still can wield such weapons.

5) Why should I cause my weapons to "eat" the slain aragamis during battle? Is it because I can gain back some power and obtain some items?

Man this game looks so damn good on the Vita.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

1) Far-East is an organisation right? And Fenrir is an independent anti-aragami organisation? Or does Fenrir belong to the Far-East? I'm really confused about the politics of this. Who does Fenrir report to? HQ? Then who does HQ report to?

2) Yuno is from the Far-East, there is lore about how she stays in Far-East to help out a massive development project going on in that area - correct understanding?

3) So 血之力 is the strength of the blood, and there is an awakening process to go through in order to unlock this strength of blood power correct?

- Who actually has potential to unlock this strength of blood power? Because I assume this is different from detecting who has power to wield those anti-aragami weapons. Strength of blood power elevates those who can wield an anti-aragami weapon even more.

4) I'm confused on this. I did read something in the in game lore that says the ability of an individual to wield the anti-aragami weapon may diminish as the person ages. True or not? Any exceptions? because I see some characters well into their 20s still can wield such weapons.

5) Why should I cause my weapons to "eat" the slain aragamis during battle? Is it because I can gain back some power and obtain some items?

I'm not the type that cares about the story to the extent of knowing who's with who. I get the general idea, but I skipped quite a bit of dialogues, especially when playing with others.
I'm literally the worst person to ask about in game organization names etc.. That and I've played through the main story when the vanilla version came out, so I barely remember it.
You'll have to wait for Parakeetman's reply.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
so...uhm... is the PS4 version 60 fps? otherwise i will just get it for vita i guess
I think so. That said, Vita version of GE2 had some serious slowdowns in later ranks where there was a lot of happening at the screen. The PS4 version has none of that.

Parakeetman

Anyone making PS4 gameplay videos?

The vids in the weapons section that is PS4 footage. Thought it is from early in the game and not the PS4 / PSV developed content. As you can consider that area still stuff which was designed from the PSP specs.

Parakeetman

A: Far East is the location of the base. Fenrir is the main faction that controls everything. The Blood unit is part of that group also.

A: Yes that is correct.

A: Yes that is correct, but its really just story based.

A: All of the characters who are in the Blood unit are those that have the ability to gain Blood Powers.

A: Not sure what to translate to in English either, but its something that Dr. Raquel created / researched.

A: No idea, as think the oldest character is Lindow. As hes 29 in GE2.

A: You gain special Aragami bullets from them. But to be able to keep them in your stock for that stage you need to have free spaces in your bullet inventory. Those aragami bullets can be "passed" to your team members putting them into burst mode which has several positive effects. The most useful one being personally the OP regen.

Not sure how much info is in here, but English wiki sort of site with information and whatnots.

http://godeater.wikia.com/wiki/God_Eater_2

Parakeetman and Hasemo, a question on unlocking character episodes if you may, is this like Persona where if you choose the wrong dialogue choice you're stuck on character episode unlocking?

I had no idea that character episodes had to be "unlocked" and not actually just happen via normal gameplay.

How do I make sure I unlock all characters' episodes? 0_O

3Kaze

Parakeetman and Hasemo, a question on unlocking character episodes if you may, is this like Persona where if you choose the wrong dialogue choice you're stuck on character episode unlocking?

I had no idea that character episodes had to be "unlocked" and not actually just happen via normal gameplay.

How do I make sure I unlock all characters' episodes? 0_O

Choices are irrelevant. You unlock character episodes as long as you progress in the story. You need bring people on a free mission to trigger some of them as well.

Thanks for the tip.
What about the free missions? Are they important to the plot or 100% grind purposes and available even after complete game?

thetrin

Hit Rank 6 over the weekend. Still loving the game. Despite picking up DQH, I keep coming back to this and play a few multiplayer rounds with randoms. Still having a blast with it.

Really wish I could build a high powered, non-elemental weapon that didn't look like a starter, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom