• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater 2: Rage Burst - [OT] "What big teeth you've got!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
knGt6Oz.png

zzW2qu2.png

M1CIfXg.png

Title: God Eater 2 Rage Burst
Platform: PlayStation 4 / PlayStation Vita
Genre: Action
Players: 1-4 (Ad-hoc / Online)
Releaes Date: 02-19-2015
Price:
PS4 - 6,640 JPY (Physical / Download)
PSV - 5,690 JPY (Physical / Downlaod)
Age Rating: CERO C (15 and up)
nv8VQAt.png

• Crossplatform play between the PS4 / PS Vita
  • Cross saving, by uploading / downloading your save data, can easily switch between the PS4 / PSV versions.
  • Online play from release, up to 4 players.
  • Ad-hoc play available.
  • New story that continues the content from the original God Eater 2.
  • New Character Livie Colette who appears in the Rage Burst story arc.
  • *New Melee weapon type Variant Scythe.
  • Brand new Aragami.
  • New area and game mode for the Rage Burst content.
  • New feature Blood Rage.
  • Updated game system.
  • Includes characters / content from the God Eater 2 DLC - Return of the Defense Force. (am pretty sure this includes the story content too? will check on this)
    KYb1S8r.jpg

jnhAw2i.png

8uhE3Nd.png
Z5pgHbu.png

4FgFFgc.png
7dqWCaL.png

9MFvql4.png

cxVeDOT.png

This section is a WIP as want to add text links showing off the weapon types briefly.

Melee
Short Blade
Long Blade
Buster Blade
Boost Hammer
Charge Spear
Variant Scythe

Ranged
Assault
Sniper
Blast
Shotgun

lCahQ95.png

*click on images to watch (will also add in the direct YT links later) Also click on "Promo Vid 2" if you want English subtitles.

PXLObnd.png

*Will add when vids get created. Those who want their recorded footage added just let me know and will toss up your links here!

cibNLEG.png

#0:
Q: Is this game going to be localized for the West?
A:
jIqClzp.png

Jokes aside, seeing how BanNam went and did up a PS4 instead of PS3 version most def it shows that they are taking the West into consideration with how the PS4 has pretty much taken the main spotlight and people want games on that over the PS3. Also the fact that the first God Eater game the West got it once the Burst expansion came out. So with that in mind and GE2 Rage Burst getting localized for the West is highly possible.

#1:
Q: What type of game is this?
A: Its an "hunting" action type of game, where you select missions from the main lobby hub and go and fight large monsters and collect parts to upgrade your equipment with. There is also a full single player story to go along with it that has a great cast of characters. While it is similar to Monster Hunter in concept, at the same time it is very different gameplay wise as this title is a lot faster paced with the combat and you are able to switch between ranged and melee modes on the fly.

#2:
Q: Im new to the "hunting" genre along with the God Eater series, should I still buy this game?
A: This title is not as difficult as Monster Hunter for example so it should be easier for folks new to the genre to pick up and play. Plus a lot less messing around with inventory and whatnots outside of the standard healing items and status recovery stuff. About the series itself, if you do not mind that some references which go back to the first game will be a bit confusing, by all means feel free to pick up and enjoy the title. As it is quite well done overall and the added content in Rage Burst furthers that.

#3:
Q: Does this work on a non Japanese region Vita / PS4?
A: Yes Vita / PS 4 software is not region locked unless the publisher decides to make it so. Though any content from the JPSN is region locked by said user being required to have a JPSN account to download DLC for example. Though any content pushed out through "title updates" will be able to be received without the need of a JPSN account.

#4:
Q: Do I need to know Japanese to play this game?
A: Not exactly, but at the same time it would help or else you wouldnt know what the skill / item effects are. On top of missing out on the story. But if you are one of those who are used to playing games without knowing whats being said / can memorize generally what items & skills do by all means feel free to import this title. Missions also in general are for the most part "Kill target(s) X" kinda deal so that part of the game is fairly straight forward.

#5:
Q: Does this game have any connection to other series?
A: For those of you who care about getting the full story, yes this title is connected to God Eater: Burst. So there will be references and characters from the first title that appear in this game. So if you really want to know fully whos who and whats going on then might suggest picking up and playing GE Burst.

X9HqXNa.png

(will include when DLC is released)

jtgpwy6.png

PlayStation Vita Demo
PlayStation 4 Demo
*A Japanese PlayStation Network account is necessary for downloading the demo.
Iub5Unj.jpg

m2n0u5Y.png

Parakeet, you better put some info about transferring the demo save to the full version and that you have to choose "continue" and not "import". 2 people I know already reset their story progress by mistake, lol.
Jin even wrote an article about this.

P4FDQxs.png

All of the following below are in Japanese. Odd thing is these 攻略 sites are not as good as other games for some reason though. Still useful info can be found inside.
http://www16.atwiki.jp/godeater2/pages/1.html
http://www16.atwiki.jp/godeater2/pages/238.html (general use bullet recipe guide)
http://ge2b.net/
http://godeater2.game-cmr.com/

English Wiki but its from the first GE game, though the concept behind bullet building is the same. Only issue is Eng bullet names + JP ones are totally different so might just wind up confusing folks. Will post the link anyways.
God Eater Wikia

I finally got to test all Blood Arts. Some 8 hours on Vita.

1. Blood Rage first impressions
  • :/
  • -___-
  • You are invincible while selecting your oaths (can be turned off).
  • You are invincible to attacks while under Blood Rage. "Almost all attacks" according to official website.
  • There's a timer after you finish selecting your oaths. Can be put to "fast" or "no timer".
  • You can select no oaths and go Blood Rage directly.
  • You can automate selecting some oaths.
  • You can't use Blood Rage without a big aragami present in the field.
  • Your blood rage meter can be brought to the succeeding missions!
  • Activating it once costs "100%".
  • You can save up to 400% Syncro Rate but you will turn into an Evangelion.
  • It has a really cool activation animation.

I honestly hope that they don't balance stuff around this thing. It seems like Easy Modo. I generally suck at action games, and GE is the one action

game that I try to improve my gameplay (for that SSS or Solo SSS, and Perfect Solo if I am brave enough lol). But this seems like somewhat against

it. (That's... 4x 30s? of Damage boost + invincibility). Partial spoilers?
On the other hand, one of the help tips mentioned that it's only

usable by the player due to her Blood Ability. So I guess this is easily removable for the next installment.

I'll definitely try not to use it.

Protip (esp. at early game):
Make sure you are at full OP when you start Blood Rage. The bursty the bullet, the better. (I guess that means stacking up Aragami Bullets will also

do a lot)

2. Holy crap, that Skill Install thing at the end of each mission is goddamn annoying.
CAN THEY JUST BE TREATED AS NORMAL ITEMS AND DON'T

DISPLAY THEM ONE BY ONE?!?!?!

3. Special Missions

These missions (IIRC) pop up randomly after you finish a mission. And they're a "take-it-or-nothing". (disappeared when I went to another mission).

As far as the demo goes, it seems to be the same two mission and even marks it if you've already finished it. I hope it's the same in the main game

that it isn't randomized. :/

4. Blood Arts

Honestly, this is THE single best thing about GE2, and still is.

I likethe new moves for Charge Spear and Boost Hammer. It seems like my main weapon of choice will remain with them.

However, the new elemental variants of certain Blood Arts are... kinda boring. I mean, some of them already had two other variants - the "normal"

version and the weakpoint variant.

5. Elemental Mechanic

There's an overhaul on how element works. There was indeed a need for a change due to how weapons with no elements become the best choice when it

comes to skills like 剣の達人 and weakpoint-based Blood Arts (requires white effect).

Damage effects: White > Red > Green > Sparks (least damage)

This elemental change bodes questions about many other stuff. For one, what happens to multi-element weapons. And for another example, there's the 弾丸

vs レーザー. Laser gave more elemental damage and less piercing while dangan was its counterpart. As a quick test, I went to Bullet Edit, used "Base

Sniper" option and had a bullet with Sniper Bullet -> 弾丸(extremely short range) and another one for レーザー. They seem to do the same damage (130) on

top of the first strike.

*If you wanna know how I managed to equip a Rank 6 Sniper, I transferred my GE2 save. Then in the equip select screen, if you CHOOSE THE COLOR

of the weapon, it'll automatically be equipped - bypassing the Rank requirement.

Now, this is where it gets interesting:

Equipping an Ilmatar (Rank 6 Tower Shield from Ukon), Vajra could barely damage me. And that's not an

exaggeration, despite the fact that I am using a Rank 6 Tower against a Rank 3 High Difficulty mission (Wild Carrier; one with bunch of Ogretail +

Ogretail Daten then Vajra pops up alone after the first wave). I didn't even notice it until I went alone and spammed BA on Ogretail - I was almost

killed by them while Vajra could not. All of his attacks including those that don't seem to have element are resisted.

For stats comparison between GE2 and GE2RB demo:
GE2: 803 Base DEF, 734 Thunder, 515 Others.
RBD: 492 Base DEF, ◎◎ Thunder, - Others.

I went ahead and looked for an shield that has similar performance but different elemental attributes:
猿甲タンケイ+2
509 Base Def, ◎ Ice, X Others.

Vajra Aragami Bullet (sniper) was effective against Vajra. Same with Unko. No damage reduction or increase.

Now, I think this is crap for due to certain things:
1. For people like me who want the damage numbers turned off, it is now misleading to see a Red/White effect when you're actually doing shit

damage.
2. You essentially become useless against those resisting your element. (Reduced to 10% seemed to be the magic number against Ukon and Vajra.)
3. Some visual effects (like the Vajra bullet above) are now disconnected with their actual damage.
4. You can turn Aragami into a joke. (LOL, 1 damage Vajra)

Honestly, I wish they just fixed the requirement and calculation for getting a white effect (Critical) instead of this. This change fixed some things

but also broke lots of things. :/

tl;dr:
1. Damage effect is now irregardless of damage done.
2. 100% of your attack damage is now affected by the element instead of separate calculations for the physical attributes and the elemental

attributes.

P.S. I LOL'd on the Brimstone (Alisa's Buckler) - it's Skill is
ザ 優等生
. Similarly, skill name of certain weapons now references its

user. All(?) of them have same description (特別な思い...).

I'm still with #TeamNoDamageNumbers

They're awesome for determining with damage calculations, though.

OhZRIEV.png

AmiAmi
Nippon-Yasan
CD Japan
*Disclaimer: Neither GAF nor myself has any sort of affiliation with the following sites above. These are just the most common ones members frequently speak of when it comes to online import shops and these links are for the convenience of the members who are still interested in importing the Japanese version of the game. Mods if you feel this is inappropriate let me know and will remove this section.

6rgPgGD.png

• Thanks goes out to Bandai Namco for the resources used to make up the graphics in this OT.
  • Thanks to the dafont website for having an awesome selection of fonts to download and use.
  • Artwork for the Livie that was used in the title image graphic was done by a pixiv user named まつり
  • Big thanks to fellow GAF member Dinjooh for his help with the excellent job of cutting out / cleaning up the image from its original background.
  • Thanks to the other members of graphic editing GAF for taking the time out to post replies to the question in a thread I had posted in the off-topic section. Commander Jameson, Mechanical Snowman
  • Thanks to ATXAlchemy for his informative post from the demo thread used in the OT.
*Have no official affiliation to Bandai Namco or dafont.

"Ready up, we leave in 5!"

Parakeetman

*saving space JIC

Didnt bother making any character profile images, so the character icons are non-clickable. hardly anyone ever reads that shit anyways here lol so not worth my time / effort to do it. ヽ(^◇^*)/

Also this should be common sense, but do include spoiler tags for story related stuff out of common courtesy to other GAF users who have yet to play the game.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Nice ot. Will probably get the physical PS4 version tomorrow after work.
I'd totally preorder and preload the digital version now, but they've stopped accepting preorders on PSN on Sunday, lol.

zeromcd73

Ordered together with Dragon Quest Heroes. Will probably arrive on March 3 but will be on the back burner until I finish DQH.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Good OT! The NA release for Gods Eater Burst got announced not long after the Japanese version came out, right? So I'm hoping we'll get some news on that front soon. I could deal with the delay between JP and NA versions if it means I won't have to play with translation guides. And I'd really appreciate having more hunting games on the Vita.

Parakeetman

Nice ot. Will probably get the physical PS4 version tomorrow after work.
I'd totally preorder and preload the digital version now, but they've stopped accepting preorders on PSN on Sunday, lol.

Nice OT! Hopefully will be out in the West by the time I'm done with MH4U. I really liked the demo

Good OT! The NA release for Gods Eater Burst got announced not long after the Japanese version came out, right? So I'm hoping we'll get some news on that front soon. I could deal with the delay between JP and NA versions if it means I won't have to play with translation guides. And I'd really appreciate having more hunting games on the Vita.

Thanks everyone!

Yeah hopefully Bandai Namco will announce the title for the West. Wonder when the Asia release date is, since would imagine that would have an English localized version too. Seeing how Bandai Namco is really focusing on Asia also lately.

Thanks everyone!

Yeah hopefully Bandai Namco will announce the title for the West. Wonder when the Asia release date is, since would imagine that would have an English localized version too. Seeing how Bandai Namco is really focusing on Asia also lately.

Asia Version (Chinese only) is releasing on the 26th of Feb.

Parakeetman

Asia Version (Chinese only) is releasing on the 26th of Feb.

No shit? So they are not going to have another version with Chinese / English also? Since I remember like SAO:HF I do believe had 2 separate versions.

Bit of a letdown if so for those out in Asia who wanted an English language version.

Hot damn, Pkm, killing it as always. Amazing OT-- hoping it gets localized (which to your point, it should)!

Thanks man! Yeah seeing too how there are a lot more "hunting" genre games out there and fairly well enjoyed by a decent number of folks, most def can see them releasing this. The question is when though? D:

Hikami

Great OT as always, Parakeetman. Tried the demo for this and it was great, never played the original GE2 so it felt like a huge improvement from God Eater Burst.

Might actually go finish GEB now..
I'm at story 48/100 (´△`)
Maybe by the time I'm done Bamco will have released Rage Burst for the West.

No shit? So they are not going to have another version with Chinese / English also? Since I remember like SAO:HF I do believe had 2 separate versions.

Bit of a letdown if so for those out in Asia who wanted an English language version.

Given that the Asia trailer had Eng subs, I'm thinking CN/ENG is coming too, but on a later date, probably at the same time with an official western announcement.

Parakeetman

Great OT as always, Parakeetman. Tried the demo for this and it was great, never played the original GE2 so it felt like a huge improvement from God Eater Burst.

Might actually go finish GEB now..
I'm at story 48/100 (´△`)
Maybe by the time I'm done Bamco will have released Rage Burst for the West.

Thanks! Now that I got it actually out the OT that is can take it a bit easier and make the other content that I wanted to in the mean time. That and need to get to work on the Dragon Quest Heroes OT. D:

Yeah the game really has improved over the original. Esp with weapons such as the Buster Blade with the added moves to it makes it a far more viable weapon now. Its actually what I main. Might also main the Variant Scythe now as it feels pretty good and matches my playstyle with its moveset.

Though I did notice that they toned down that special ability the Long Blade had with that close range energy burst shot thing. You could abuse that thing so bad in GE:B it was hilarious and totally thrash the Aragami's parts with it lol. Was sad when I found out it was gimped in GE2 D:

For the reoccurring characters though, it most def is worth playing through GEB before jumping into 2.

Given that the Asia trailer had Eng subs, I'm thinking CN/ENG is coming too, but on a later date, probably at the same time with an official western announcement.

Yeah, makes sense too as otherwise folks would reverse import it and that way they can at least sell through some of the Chinese only versions too.

Rootbeer

Banned
I know there's no news of a localization, but I wonder what our chances are... I really hope it does get one because there's not a lot coming in 2015 for those of us in the west (sorry, I don't count multiplats or non-exclusive indie eshop stuff when considering this, though those are great to have)... this would help.

Parakeetman

I know there's no news of a localization, but I really wonder what our chances are... I really hope it does get one because there's not a lot coming in 2015 for those of us in the west... this would help.

Taken from the FAQ
Jokes aside, seeing how BanNam went and did up a PS4 instead of PS3 version most def it shows that they are taking the West into consideration with how the PS4 has pretty much taken the main spotlight and people want games on that over the PS3. Also the fact that the first God Eater game the West got it once the Burst expansion came out. So with that in mind and GE2 Rage Burst getting localized for the West is highly possible.

The question is when though? D:

If I was a betting man, I'd wager somewhere around summer.

Have it release around the same time as the GE anime, which I'm making the random assumption that it will be simul-cast via Crunchy.

That way, it can take advantage of the anime hype.

Parakeetman

If I was a betting man, I'd wager somewhere around summer.

Have it release around the same time as the GE anime, which I'm making the random assumption that it will be simul-cast via Crunchy.

That way, it can take advantage of the anime hype.

Ah yes the Anime, that most def would be the best bet considering otherwise people will not be as familiar with the setting and reoccurring characters. Would indeed be a good time to announce it then. That way too keeps folks watching the show also.

Hikami

Didn't play enough of the demo to check this but, can friendly bullets still hit/interrupt you?
Wasn't a big fan of that in GEB.
--
Oh and by the way-- not sure what you're basing the English character names from but, リンドウand カノン we're translated as Lindow and Kanon in the English version of God Eater: Burst (if that matters).
Those pictures and names are taken straight from the official Japanese website. So slightly different spellings from the English localization.
Gotcha.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Yeah, I'm in. Been enjoying the demo quite a bit. Gonna pick up the physical version after work.

Kysen

I'll be playing some online in a few hours, if anyone wants someone to play with add me on psn kysen100.

Netto-kun

Oh and by the way-- not sure what you're basing the English character names from but, リンドウand カノン we're translated as Lindow and Kanon in the English version of God Eater: Burst (if that matters).
Those pictures and names are taken straight from the official Japanese website. So slightly different spellings from the English localization.

Deband

Nice OT. I gotta wait on the western release but look forward to impressions and some PS4 videos from fellow Gaffers.

Is the Japanese demo still up? I'd like to try and get a gist to see if I can understand it. I really need to learn Japanese.

Fantastic OT Parakeet. Top notch.

:( So much want. Too bad MH4U bundle, FF Type 0 and Ryuu ga Gotoku 0 stole all my gaming money for the next month or so. I wilk have to survive with regular-ass God Eater for a while.

Parakeetman

Didn't play enough of the demo to check this but, can friendly bullets still hit/interrupt you?
Wasn't a big fan of that in GEB.
--

Yeah they still do, for the most part its Just Canon that you need to worry about.

The spelling is directly from the JP website as another GAF member here mentioned. Those images asides from me "gluing" them together nothing else has been edited.

Nice OT. I gotta wait on the western release but look forward to impressions and some PS4 videos from fellow Gaffers.

Thanks!

Is the Japanese demo still up? I'd like to try and get a gist to see if I can understand it. I really need to learn Japanese.

Fantastic OT Parakeet. Top notch.

Thanks!

Yeah the demo still should be up, the link is in the OT under the Game Demo? section I think. Had just checked the link yesterday when adding it to the OT.

Amazing OT.

I started following the game once the demo came out (I didn't play it though). It's a pretty good improvement over the original (and a massive improvement over the first game, which I'm currently playing).

Parakeetman

Amazing OT.

I started following the game once the demo came out (I didn't play it though). It's a pretty good improvement over the original (and a massive improvement over the first game, which I'm currently playing).

Thanks!

-----

On a separate topic for the PS4 version one thing that is driving me insane and a general feature on the PS4 which is stupid as fuck.

Operator voices come through the useless speakers on the controller. Cant seem to find an option to disable that shit in game as I want it coming through my headset.

Never liked the feature in general for the PS4 and a useless gimmick due to a good number of gamers also use headsets while gaming which means you cant really hear shit from the controller. Cant wait till the feature itself is forgotten kind of like how the dumbshit Sixasis functionality went the way of the dodo eventually.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Thanks!

-----

On a separate topic for the PS4 version one thing that is driving me insane and a general feature on the PS4 which is stupid as fuck.

Operator voices come through the useless speakers on the controller. Cant seem to find an option to disable that shit in game as I want it coming through my headset.

Never liked the feature in general for the PS4 and a useless gimmick due to a good number of gamers also use headsets while gaming which means you cant really hear shit from the controller. Cant wait till the feature itself is forgotten kind of like how the dumbshit Sixasis functionality went the way of the dodo eventually.
If you are using a headset you connect it to the controller anyway, so you are getting the controller audio together with the rest of the audio through your speakers iirc. I don't really see the problem. I really like this feature when it's used as an audio channel for in game radio/communicators.

Parakeetman

If you are using a headset you connect it to the controller anyway, so you are getting the controller audio together with the rest of the audio through your speakers iirc. I don't really see the problem. I really like this feature when it's used as an audio channel for in game radio/communicators.

Its stupid period. End of discussion. On top of no option to switch the useless function off.

No I dont connect it to the controller because the controller is not my audio output source obviously.

As stated again its USELESS as an audio output source when headsets are added into the equation, because even with max volume you still cant really hear whats coming out of the controller and not on the shitty little speakers it uses anyways. Remember just because you like something does not suddenly = its not a problem. As this is a HUGE design fuckup done in order to make Sony feel better about one of the other useless functionality features that they usually shove into their devices. Previous gen was the Sixaxis motion controls. The Vita has the rear touch screen.

Thankfully the PSP did not have anything stupid like that included and was an actual non ME TOO type of device.

The PS4 also should just have a standard system option which is to tell the controller speaker to fuck off which then forces the game to play audio through the main channel instead, that sort of shit should be a TRC requirement seriously to prevent scenarios where audio is forced through the controller with no in game option to switch it off.

------

In other news currently doing up the videos showing off the weapons. Will take a while since seems that the UL takes around 30m + whatever time it takes for processing which is an unknown as they do not display an ETC for that D: Doing the variant scythe vid first. Will add those to the weapon section when the ULs complete.

Parakeetman

Just spoke to the producer and he directed me to the following blog post.

■両機種共通の状況

・引き継いだ武器のうち、難易度進捗に到達しないと解放されないはずのランクの神機が、
神機パーツの「色替え」を選択することで低難易度でも使用できてしまう。
また、「色替え」の銃身に持ち替えた際に、以前に装備していた異なる銃身の
バレットが撃てるようになってしまう。

⇒現在原因の究明を進めており、製品版に向けて修正を行う予定です。
バレットに関して当面の対処療法として、、バレットの管理画面で所持しているバレットを
一旦すべて外すことで、銃身とバレットの紐付きが正常に戻ります。
セーブデータの破壊などのリスクを伴うものではございませんので、
引き続きお楽しみいただきながら、今後の修正対応をお待ちいただければと思います。

・引き継いだ際、一部の文字を使用したコードネームの表記が崩れてしまい、
予期せぬ動作をすることがある。

⇒現在原因の究明を進めております。詳細判明次第ご報告いたします。

■PS4版において起きる状況

・TVの機種によっては、画面の周囲に黒フチが出て、ソフトやTV側で設定調整できない。

⇒PS4本体側のメニュー設定で調整が可能となっています。
PS4のメインメニューから「設定>サウンドとスクリーン>表示エリア設定」
と進み、ご使用のTVのサイズに合わせて調整を行うことで適正化されます。

・オペレーターボイスを「デュアルショック4」からではなくTV側から再生させたい。

⇒大変申し訳ありませんが、現状の仕様では「デュアルショック4」からの音声を
TV側で再生することはできません。
なお「デュアルショック4」側のイヤホンジャックにヘッドホン等を挿し、
以下の手順で設定することで、両方の音が一本化された状態で聞くことができます。

●手順
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
「デュアルショック4」にヘッドホンやイヤホンを挿す
↓
「PSボタン」を長押しすると周辺機器の設定画面が出ます
↓
「周辺機器を設定する」>「ヘッドホンの出力」
(ここが普段グレーアウトしています。
ヘッドホンをPS4のコントローラーに挿すと
選べるようになりますのでご注意下さい)
↓
「全ての音声」 にチェックを付けます。
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(※なおTV側にヘッドホンやイヤホンを差しても
オペレーターボイスは一本化して再生されません)

以上、皆様にはご不便をおかけして申し訳ありませんが、
調査状況など更新がありましたら随時ご案内してまいりますので、
引き続きお楽しみいただければと思います。

Basically the quick and dirty is you need to plug into the PS4 controller as currently plugging into your monitor for example will not give the player the operator voice also.

They have apologized for the issue and this will be looked into in the future if time permits. Is what they have to say in regards to if it will be fixed or not.

Kysen

Its stupid period. End of discussion. On top of no option to switch the useless function off.

My problem is that the speaker isn't loud enough relative to the TV. Also isn't there an option to turn off the operator before the mission starts?

Parakeetman

My problem is that the speaker isn't loud enough relative to the TV. Also isn't there an option to turn off the operator before the mission starts?

Yeah there is, but I usually need the operator on as the information they broadcast is pretty useful.

That also if one is playing without headphones. In general its just a bad idea / gimmick that is unnecessary. Really should have been an option to have output be done normally. As that was how the game initially functioned.

Other issue is when I record footage need the sound to run through the monitor which is my audio output device that has the headphones hooked up to it. Since if I run audio through the controller w/ headset it does not get picked up in the recordings.

Importing PS4 version. Btw, I assume the meteor bullets got nerfed with the new elements system?

Good question, guess we will find out soon enough! lol

------

Got all the weapon vids finished.

Short Blade
Long Blade
Buster Blade
Boost Hammer
Charge Spear
Variant Scythe

Will see how many of the others I can do with time remaining. Currently enjoying my breakfast of fried sausage / onions and a kaiser roll.
*argh used too much oil D:

Kysen

Well I was stupid thinking my PS4 would auto download the game. PSN is running slow as hell and the first 4GB took 2hours. I started up the game and now it tells me I need to wait for the rest of the download (9GB in total).

As for the meteor bullets getting nerfed, I dunno. Now that we can see damage, I watched a video of one of the spears blood arts doing 12k a hit. I'm guessing melee weapons will be ahead this time around.

Parakeetman

I cant decide on the scythe or buster blade as my main weapon D:

Ive gotten so used to the crushing ability of the BB that it feels odd without it on the scythe. Though the scythe can dish out some pretty mean damage in rapid succession on a weak point and has insane range.

Guess Ill have to make specialized bullets just for breaking things then.

Pretty good and interesting cast of characters. Though other fans say that the GE:B story was better. Still though highly enjoyable experience.
Interesting. I'll have to wait for the localization, but I look forward to hearing what you all think of GE2:RB

Forgot to say, very nice OT!

antibolo

Banned
The fact that they bothered to do a PS4 port pretty much guarantees that a Western release is coming. It's a pretty common trend with MH clones (including MH itself) to make a home console port for the West, see Toukiden Kiwami as the most recent example.

JNA

Banned
I'm still really really salty that I haven't played this game yet.

Seriously, even since I have seen the first trailer 2 or 3 years ago, I've been wanting to play this game ever since. Been waiting for quite a while now for the game to get localized. I thought for sure that because the game was doing really well in Japan and how the first game was localized, that we would get one eventually...

But alas, it has not happened yet. And it makes me sad...really sad. GAF...is there hope? Will it happen? :(

Parakeetman

Interesting. I'll have to wait for the localization, but I look forward to hearing what you all think of GE2:RB

Forgot to say, very nice OT!

Thanks!

I'm still really really salty that I haven't played this game yet.

Seriously, even since I have seen the first trailer 2 or 3 years ago, I've been wanting to play this game ever since. Been waiting for quite a while now for the game to get localized. I thought for sure that because the game was doing really well in Japan and how the first game was localized, that we would get one eventually...

But alas, it has not happened yet. And it makes me sad...really sad. GAF...is there hope? Will it happen? :(

Read the FAQ since I HATE answering the same question over and over again :) Its the exact reason why it is literally the first Q / A in the list.

cibNLEG.png

#0:
Q: Is this game going to be localized for the West?
A:
jIqClzp.png

So I love Monster Hunter and Freedom Wars, but was fairly apathetic towards Toukiden. Do you guys reckon I'll like this?

Considering it does not play like Toukiden, perhaps? Go make a JPSN account and get the demo and try it out for yourself! Both PSV and PS4 demos are present! Should be the fastest way to find out if you will like it or not.

Also look at the Weapons section of the OT as did up videos of each melee weapon type being used on the same stage for reference.

How does the PS4 version look?

Like a nicer Vita version, but do not go and expect magic that will suddenly turn the title into a PS4 developed type of quality product. Since the base is still the original Vita / PSP version. Though hopefully the new areas that were made just for Rage Burst would be better than the previous stuff which the designs were held back by PSP limitations due to the original GE2 having both a PSV / PSP versions.

NotEasy

Nice OT,i'll hold off in buying it since a english localization is possible this time and march/april has too many games already lol.I'll be looking for some streams.

Kysen

Its funny seeing assets from 3 hardware generations in this game. I was looking at the sniper rifles and some of the uprezzed PSP models look hideous on PS4. You can clearly seen the poly count/texture jumps from PSP->Vita->PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom