• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War coming to PC on January 14

Kilau

You live in China? It was ported to the shield or something there
The Geforce Now datamine was not for PC specifically, it is for apps and games using some sort of Nvidia technology. So the Mario game listed was for the Chinese Nvidia Shield.

... but the Chinese Shield version of Mario Galaxy was curiously missing from the list? Fuck it! New Mario Bros for PC confirmed!

I was joking about New Super Mario Wii via dolphin lol

reksveks

What game do you suppose needs or would really benefit from DLSS?

P.S Flight Simulator is only getting its DX12 patch next month, thats like the only current DLSS candidate I can think off.
I kinda wonder if MS are waiting for their own DirectML AI upscaler to be ready, I kinda hope not.

Separately did Predator Hunting Ground have anything like cross-save or cross-platform progression?

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member

Jay Z Reaction GIF by Complex

nothing but love in the comments as expected

SNG32

The timing of the releases are going to be crucial : if they release too soon or the day of, we'll wonder if the developer really maximized the PlayStation hardware. If they release too late, the game will no longer be relevant.

If they're smart about when to release on PC, it can be a success. I think between 2 to 4 years is a good delay.

I think eventually the release windows will get small and smaller especially if they sell alot on PC. Am I crazy to think that I think will see Returnal on PC sometime next year.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

Jay Z Reaction GIF by Complex

nothing but love in the comments as expected
As it should be. Unless you want antagonistic childlike behavior and drive by trolling instead of realizing that this is pretty much a good move to expand the fan base of the game when the Giant game is coming next year exclusively to the console.

And people like me will gladly support the Endeavor as this is now the third PlayStation game I have bought that they have ported over which I already owned on the original platform.

This is the same reason I have bought Microsoft games recently on PC via steam because of the superiority of that platform versus the garbage store built into windows.

I actually vote with my wallet.

screenshot_20211020-150j22.png

Last edited:

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
This gonna be glorious playing on ultra-wide screen

Bartski

Gold Member
As it should be. Unless you want antagonistic childlike behavior and drive by trolling instead of realizing that this is pretty much a good move to expand the fan base of the game when the Giant game is coming next year exclusively to the console.

And people like me will gladly support the Endeavor as this is now the third PlayStation game I have bought that they have ported over which I already owned on the original platform.

This is the same reason I have bought Microsoft games recently on PC via steam because of the superiority of that platform versus the garbage store built into windows.

I actually vote with my wallet.
did you click the link? I was being sarcastic. Of course it's a good move.

Fredrik

I did when it came to baseball. But I also knew there would probably be a few other games down the pipeline.
Well it’s rare going by friends at least, Switch is kinda interesting since they can use emulators with enhancements but when I start talking about Playstation and Xbox it’s like they don’t even listen.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Wonder what improvements there will be for PC owners? 👀
The usual higher than PS settings "everything"
Uncapped frame rates
Ultrawide screen support - Which should be quite the experience.

Theyve included GTAO
and SSDO

Both which arent common techniques to port lest they are part of your engine, so these could be updates backported from Ragnarok.
Either way excited to see how the game looks with everything cranked.
Smart move by Sony. After playing this they have to buy a PS5 for Ragnarok. New userbase.
So these PCMRs who wouldnt shell out for an end of life PS4 to play God of War. (Like 250 dollars if that)
Are going to fight scalpers to get a PS5 to play the sequel, because they waited 3 frikken years to play the first one.

That is some 4D chess big brain thinking right there.
Really really deep friend.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
so you ust have to wait 4 years? to get a sony exclusive? i could probably do that lol.

edit: more than likely that time will get smaller as time goes by.

Last edited:

darrylgorn

As excited for this as Horizon, which is to say, not very.

Any idea if the older games will be getting remastered on PC?

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
So these PCMRs who wouldnt shell out for an end of life PS4 to play God of War. (Like 250 dollars if that)
Are going to fight scalpers to get a PS5 to play the sequel, because they waited 3 frikken years to play the first one.

Ummmmm...............Yeah! That's the point. Just like how some people will play a game on GamePass and then decide to BUY it a few weeks or months later. The same thought process is being done here, just in Sony's way and not MS'.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
This 3 year old PS4 game coming to PC has me thinking I should sell my 2 PS5s.

JK... some of you are so odd lol

Sony hasn't established any real pattern here other than "port old games"... which they'll continue to do as that's what their financial PR states.

The only potential for day one PC games are things like Multiplayer / GAAS games any time soon IMO.

And we are still left with a huge chunk of PS4 exclusives with no word on when or if they are coming to PC..

KAL2006

Banned
so you ust have to wait 4 years? to get a sony exclusive? i could probably do that lol.

edit: more than likely that time will get smaller as time goes by.

Why do people keep saying this shit. It's obvious back then PC wasn't a priority, I can't see it being 4 years for ports after they port their backlogs and all there engines are already running on PC. Just look at Days Gone that didn't take 4 years because that's on Unreal Engine. We now have Decima, God of War Engine, Naughty Dog Engine ported to PC. So don't expect the newer games to take as long to get ported, the Nvidia leak has already shown Horizon 2 listed.

I expect God of War Ragnarok port to happen 2 years after PS5 release just like Days Gone. 2 years is going to be the standard after the backlog gets ported you can quote me 2 years after Ragnarok release on PS5.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole

Some definitely will.

People need to think in percentages on these things.. and some percent will do that.

There's a number of groups here to discuss:

- People who change no behaviors
- People who may buy a PS because these games make them enticed and the sequels will be PS only (at least for likely a long time)
- People who don't buy a PS who were going to because some old PS4 games are coming to PC years later
- PS fans who also PC game who will now double-dip to play again on PC
- PS fans who also PC game who will now buy some games on PC they skipped on PS
- PC gamers who never really bought PS, but will now buy a few games that they never had access to before

Unless the people forgoing PS5's because of a few old PS4 games are some massive group, who was otherwise going to for some reason be a huge PS customer, they only have more money to make.

The thing is, people who would weirdly drop Playstation over a few old PS4 games being ported were unlikely to be big spenders on the platform anyways.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

More Fuel for the ppl saying, no need for a PS5 xD
I bought one to play Demons Souls and Ratchet and Clank and absolutely loved it, haven't turned it on since. I wouldn't say I regret it but I feel the excitement to hunt one down and snag one far outweighed that of actually playing one.

I have a really good pc so I play mostly on that for reference.

Last edited:

yurinka

Amazing how Dreams still hasnt been ported. If there's one game that would be a great fit and can have legs on PC it's that game.
Dreams was released barely a year and a half ago. It's too soon to release it on PC, they wait over two years or so before releasing them on PC. They may be working on it, but I assume will release it somewhere in the second half of the next year.

Mods need to unban Bryank75 Bryank75 so the guy can vent. He needs to let out his rage on NeoGAF for his well-being and those around him.

the office rage GIF
Reaction GIF
Angry Star Wars GIF

and also because it is entertaining for the rest of us
What? Bryank banned? Mods seem to be extra sensitive these recent weeks. Let's hope it doesn't end becoming Resetera 2.0

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Ummmmm...............Yeah! That's the point. Just like how some people will play a game on GamePass and then decide to BUY it a few weeks or months later. The same thought process is being done here, just in Sony's way and not MS'.

Ohh Ill buy Ragnarok.....when it hits Steam.

But the logic that playing God of War '18 will suddenly switch PCMRs to console after all the other PS4 games couldnt convince them............including God of War...yeah im not buying it.

Few people will be thinking after playing God of War '18 fuck it I need to fight these damn scalpers and work on getting the PS5.
Thats a bit....okay alittle more than a bit.....okay seriously its just straight up a stretch.
They werent converted when it was easy....but theyll be converted when its hard?

Its not like PS5s are just sitting on the shelves waiting for PCMRs, who are already bouting with scalpers for GPUs and preparing to make a generational leap to DDR5/PCIE5.
The last thing on "most" PC gamers minds is I need to get a PS5.
AM5, Ada and Alderlake be damned

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
My 3000 euro pc will play GoW better than my 400 euro ps5

who would have guessed

Last edited:

Dr Bass

Not sure this is going to have the intended effect Sony is hoping for. The thinking is "get PC players hooked on our IP so they go buy a Playstation so they can play the games earlier" right? Or am I missing it? This is indicating a change in behavior on the part of the player, that I think is just too hard to overcome. PC gamers like and prefer PCs over consoles. If they buy and play these games I think the far more likely outcome is "Hey that was cool. I'll get the next one when it comes out. In the meantime I'll go play one of the other bajillion games I have available." I don't think the Sony games are just so dang good that PC gamers are going to now want a console, if they didn't already have one.

Does that make sense?

Anytime you see a company come out with something that isn't an order of magnitude better than a competing product, but having it succeed requires consumers to change their behavior en masse, that thing is destined to not succeed. I don't think this move will hurt PlayStation necessarily, but my guess is the final outcome is some decent sales for the PC releases and no detectable moving of the needle for their console business.

sunnysideup

Banned
Im selling my ps5. Im 100% investing in pc now.

Consoles are not worth it.

There is absolutely no reason for me to have ps5.

Even though i think the pc experience has been very disappointing and underwhelming and overated by the pc crowd.. I think the traditional console experience is vastly superior to pc.

But current consoles are not.

Consoles offers nothing anymore:

No exclusives.
All games including firstparty software are developed like crappy multiplatform games, no tight bespoke games.
No legacy support.
Physical releases with half functioning games on disc.
Non trustworthy digital distribution. where you don't know if your games exist tomorrow, and your whole collection could be banned on a whim.
Expensive as fuck digital games.

Pc has a better offer:

All games from all platforms, in their best suit.
Trustworthy digital distribution and legacy support such as steam.
Cheap digital games.

Last edited:
Not sure this is going to have the intended effect Sony is hoping for. The thinking is "get PC players hooked on our IP so they go buy a Playstation so they can play the games earlier" right? Or am I missing it? This is indicating a change in behavior on the part of the player, that I think is just too hard to overcome. PC gamers like and prefer PCs over consoles. If they buy and play these games I think the far more likely outcome is "Hey that was cool. I'll get the next one when it comes out. In the meantime I'll go play one of the other bajillion games I have available." I don't think the Sony games are just so dang good that PC gamers are going to now want a console, if they didn't already have one.

Does that make sense?

Anytime you see a company come out with something that isn't an order of magnitude better than a competing product, but having it succeed requires consumers to change their behavior en masse, that thing is destined to not succeed. I don't think this move will hurt PlayStation necessarily, but my guess is the final outcome is some decent sales for the PC releases and no detectable moving of the needle for their console business.
Yup, it won't. It's just bullshit.

Their intention is pretty obviously to cash cow console buyers, and then sell to anyone else they can in the open market, because they just want more money. They don't need to do this at all. The idea that this is necessary for their future is a whopper.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
DLSS, fuck yeah! Sony had been watching MS cash in on PC/Steam and thinking they want a piece of the pie, too. This is another game that was on PSNow along with Uncharted 4 that's also coming soon to PC, and HZD that's already there. Going by PSNow, I'd guess next up would be Spider-Man. Maybe Bloodborne or Demon Souls. Then perhaps TLOU collection.

But yeah, DLSS support is fucking awesome.

Mozzarella

Huge for steam, this game will sell a lot.
Demon Soul Remake and Final Fantasy 7 Remake? any chance they are coming to PC?
I already played FF7 Remake but i think its a timed exclusive right? so should be next in line for PC, and probably after that Ghost of Tsuchima or Demon Soul? Idk, also Bloodborne are being ignored on purpose or what? i see big demand for it.

Guilty_AI

Im selling my ps5. Im 100% investing in pc now.

Consoles are not worth it.

There is absolutely no reason for me to have ps5.

Even though i think the pc experience has been very disappointing and underwhelming and overated by the pc crowd.. I think the traditional console experience is vastly superior to pc.

But current consoles are not.

Consoles offers nothing anymore:

No exclusives.
All games including firstparty software are developed like crappy multiplatform games, no tight bespoke games.
No legacy support.
Physical releases with half functioning games on disc.
Non trustworthy digital distribution. where you don't know if your games exist tomorrow, and your whole collection could be banned on a whim.
Expensive as fuck digital games.

Pc has a better offer:

All games from all platforms, in their best suit.
Trustworthy digital distribution and legacy support such as steam.
Cheap digital games.
Found Bryank75's alt

Top Bottom