• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT| an Ode to the Automobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else who has completed the S license... which overtaking challenge was your favorite?

I've gone back to play the 330 P4 challenge on Tokyo quite a few times now... it's so intense in the tight final section before the last turn, battling with the C2 Z06... so awesome.

I wish I wasn't at work... I want to drive balls out around the 'ring in the Trans-Cammer Mustang with no traction control. :D

God this game is awesome.

GodofWine

Funky Functionality said:
Anyone else who has completed the S license... which overtaking challenge was your favorite?

I've gone back to play the 330 P4 challenge on Tokyo quite a few times now... it's so intense in the tight final section before the last turn, battling with the C2 Z06... so awesome.

I wish I wasn't at work... I want to drive balls out around the 'ring in the Trans-Cammer Mustang with no traction control. :D

God this game is awesome.

Im sitting here, just thinking about how bad my '64 GTO with 750HP NEEDS a new differnential to take on the competition in the super car challenges...why didnt I upgrade that...STUPID..Im smoking tires in all kinds of turns...but no...Im stuck earning money to pay for my daughters diapers...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Metalmurphy said:
HEY! Guy in the Red fucking Lotus!

EAT MY DUST YOU FUCK!

Also, guy in the purple lotus, if I find out where you live I'm gonna kill your puppies!

Controller? If so: SMH. I can't beat it still. :(

GodofWine

LCfiner said:
not in the game

but you are also high. surprise!

Such an odd decision...but I guess it keeps some seperation between the level of cars....again, if my 64 GTO could actually stop, it would be darn near as track worthy as a mid level italian supercar...which no 64 GTO with stock frame could ever do.

I love seeing the 'brake red line' start like 4 miles from the turn, and I think "no way I need to start braking here"....8 seconds later I reach what looks to be a proper braking point, and apply brakes...and plow straight into a wall.

The 64 GTO has decent damage deformation, fwiw, for a standard model.

commedieu

Banned
Noisepurge said:
it's missing. You can still see it under tuning options in the garage but it displays only regular brakes...

Thats sad. What the hell? How do you not include brake upgrades..... I'm actually a little stunned here. Not sure how great stock vintage vette brakes are... and aren't really capable of delivering stopping power compared to the increased power.. Just have to brake really early...

what the hell. Thats a stupid call any way you figure it, since you can do brake upgrades irl. I don't think its asking too much...

I'm working with drum brakes here aren't i?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Melville said:
I have the perfect car for this cup, what's your PSN username? I can lend it to you.
Kaako. I will be forever grateful.
Edit: It's not a muscle car, is it? I tried with mine but couldn't hit corners as well as I needed to.

iam220

Metalmurphy said:
G25, ABS to 1 TC to 3 everything else off.

Same here, but I'm trying to do it with TC @ 0 and its ... challenging. I can get silver but the gold seems so far away. I took up the challenge yesterday and I'm not sure how long I've spent on it but when I got off my palms were black from the g25 leather rubbing off :/

rager

Banned
alba said:
It overwrites any upgrade you bought other than tyres I believe, either way it's more cost effective to go straight for it or just buy parts by parts if you're not planning on doing it.

He said he wants to improve it but I doubt he has any resource left to do so on the PS3, who knows? We'll see.

I would rather have realtime shadows removed, at least make it an option, they are sooo ugly.

Melville

Kaako said:
Kaako. I will be forever grateful.
Edit: It's not a muscle car, is it? I tried with mine but couldn't hit corners as well as I needed to.

No, it's the Chaparral 2J, it handles perfectly. It's already tuned, just change the tyres to racing soft :D
I had no problem completing the cup in both A-spec and B-spec with this car.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Melville said:
No, it's the Chaparral 2J, it handles perfectly. It's already tuned, just change the tyres to racing soft :D
I had no problem completing the cup in both A-spec and B-spec with this car.
You should have seen the grin on my face once I saw the car. I can't believe you have it; AWESOME.

Kittonwy

Banned
rager said:
I would rather have realtime shadows removed, at least make it an option, they are sooo ugly.

No thanks, I don't want having no shadows or pre-baked shit.
Indifferent2.gif

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
How does the PSEye head tracking work? Do you have to wear a hat or something, or does it just process your head's position?

I love using TrackIR on PC racers. I was semi-interested in GT5, but now that I hear it has head tracking, I'll definitely get it if the implementation is decent.

Branson

FlyinJ said:
How does the PSEye head tracking work? Do you have to wear a hat or something, or does it just process your head's position?

I love using TrackIR on PC racers. I was semi-interested in GT5, but now that I hear it has head tracking, I'll definitely get it if the implementation is decent.
No hat or anything, just your face. Theres calibration in the options but because of memory issues it only works in arcade mode with no pitstops.
Also it tracks left and right motions as well as up and down, not sure at this moment if it tracks forward and back.

ElFly

FlyinJ said:

It's only allowed in arcade mode, apparently!

I was excited for this, but hearing the retarded limitation, stopped my purchase of a playeye.

IMACOMPUTA

Is there a thread for posting screenshots?

Also, can you guys add me to your psn so we can do cool car sharing/comparing of stuff?

psn= IMACOMPUTA

spats

FlyinJ said:

Watch TTP's excellent analysis on it if you're interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edXRmj4mpvI

It actually works very well. Shame it's not usable in GT Life.

Is it just me, or are the driving options separate for every car? If so, are they supposed to represent what the real thing has on board (ABS, ESC, etc.)?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
ElFly said:
It's only allowed in arcade mode, apparently!

I was excited for this, but hearing the retarded limitation, stopped my purchase of a playeye.

You can't be serious. I just.. I can't understand...

Are they planning to patch it into the actual game?

pix

How do I take pictures in photo mode with the hi-res camera? I took a bunch of photos, seen them in my XMB, copied them to my USB, and on my PC they are only 1650x1080

UFRA

jakonovski said:
Is it just me, or are the driving options separate for every car? If so, are they supposed to represent what the real thing has on board (ABS, ESC, etc.)?

It seems the settings seem to be saved for each car. One of my FF cars I have set to like 2 TCS, and then I switched to another car and it was at 5. Then, I went back to the FF car again and it was 2.

However, it seems my SRF, ASM, and AS - which are all off, are set as off with every car. So no, it's not what the car really has in real life.

And it seems 5 is the default TCS setting.

expy

Banned
pix said:
How do I take pictures in photo mode with the hi-res camera? I took a bunch of photos, seen them in my XMB, copied them to my USB, and on my PC they are only 1650x1080
Press Triangle and choose Aspect 16:9.

Branson

pix said:
Unlocks at lvl 40.
Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom