• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT| an Ode to the Automobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
My B-Spec Driver is awesome :D

N. Schuhmacher(wrong spelling lol). I dont even have to bark orders, he just goes full aggro and tries to overtake like crazy :lol

No losses so far. Hopefully his winning streak continues.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Metalmurphy said:
According to Kaz there's no memory left to implement it in other modes.

I can't imagine the code for this having a significant memory footprint. Does it have something to do with not having dashboards for all the vehicles?

Well no matter, if Kaz says it isn't going in, we'll never see it. A real shame. Talk about shitting directly next to the toilet.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Man said:
I doubt they have the dashboards for vehicles not your own in memory.

I meant car interiors for all the cars you can drive. I'm not sure how this whole "premium" car thing works exactly. Do non-premium cars still have interiors?

vehn

Valkyr Junkie said:
Getting to Level 30 is no easy task. By then you already are going to have the next-"best" cars in the game.

Yeah but when you get to level 50 in WoW, they aren't going to give you the highest tier raiding set after completing a quest. Everyone will get level 30 eventually, and then everyone will have the X1 -_-

IMACOMPUTA

How does the used car dealership work? does it refresh after every race?

I want to find the 62 buick special.. any better way of getting it?

Salacious Crumb

vehn said:
Yeah but when you get to level 50 in WoW, they aren't going to give you the highest tier raiding set after completing a quest. Everyone will get level 30 eventually, and then everyone will have the X1 -_-

This is a racing sim, the challenge shouldn't be in unlocking the car, it should be in mastering it.

GodofWine

IMACOMPUTA said:
How does the used car dealership work? does it refresh after every race?

I want to find the 62 buick special.. any better way of getting it?

I won it in the Amateur Muscle Car race..I think..

I think I've seen this question before but what does the arror next to my b-spec driver icon mean and how do I get i back up?

Askia47 said:
Good stuff, keep patching PD!

Their translation is off and it's old news! :lol

Salacious Crumb said:
This is a racing sim, the challenge shouldn't be in unlocking the car, it should be in mastering it.

I disagree, I fully expected that the X1 would be a car that people would get and you wouldn't be able to escape it online. The fact that you're going to really have to work to get it is going to make it a rather exclusive car that only a few people will have. That makes it all the more appealing.

Leunam

SolidSnakex said:
I disagree, I fully expected that the X1 would be a car that people would get and you wouldn't be able to escape it online.

Can't you limit BHP in lobbies?

Speaking of Buick, really wish their Grand National made it in as a premium model.

Stoffinator

g35twinturbo said:
anyone wanna trade a Gamestop pre-order for a best buy?!?!

I have a spare Gamestop code. Its Canadian tho, don't know if it work outside of North America. Its the Stealth F1 and #20 Nascar.

vehn

SolidSnakex said:
I disagree, I fully expected that the X1 would be a car that people would get and you wouldn't be able to escape it online. The fact that you're going to really have to work to get it is going to make it a rather exclusive car that only a few people will have. That makes it all the more appealing.

Yeah but you don't really have to work that hard to get it. Getting level 30 takes time, not skill. I would have rather had it as a reward for a trophy such as getting 1000 cars or even the platinum (the latter requiring the most skill). Then it would be a super exclusive car. As it is now, most everyone will have it within a few months, with some having it by this week.

So the Vettel challenge better be super rediculously hard!

-viper-

Banned
vehn said:
Yeah but you don't really have to work that hard to get it. Getting level 30 takes time, not skill. I would have rather had it as a reward for a trophy such as getting 1000 cars or even the platinum (the latter requiring the most skill). Then it would be a super exclusive car. As it is now, most everyone will have it within a few months, with some having it by this week.

Getting 1000 cars doesn't require skill. It requires spending countless of hours wasting your time grinding for a pointless trophy.

A good idea for the X1 would be to win it by completing all events in the game IMO.

If you can get it at level 30 and abuse it in A Spec races then that would suck.

vehn said:

I like the time thing better. I don't mind a ton of people having it. I hate super difficult rewards that give you an advantage online. This isn't an MMO, I should be on relatively equal ground with others.

-viper-

Banned
flyinpiranha said:
I like the time thing better. I don't mind a ton of people having it. I hate super difficult rewards that give you an advantage online. This isn't an MMO, I should be on relatively equal ground with others.
Yeah I honestly don't see why it matters if others have the car too. Is it going to lessen your enjoyment of racing the X1 knowing there are other users with the same car? :p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That Lotus challenge is pissing me off. Highest I've gotten is +00.00.982 and second place.

Fuck you Kaz and fuck your shitty tire selection for this challenge. >:| And fuck you first place Lotus who has proper fucking tires to handle high-speeds on this track.

I mad.jpg

vehn said:

The grinding in the game once you get to the mid-20s is going to turn off a huuuuuuuuge portion of the fans. Unless they start giving you a healthy amount of XP for online races, it's gonna remain a fairly niche automobile.

-viper- said:
If you can get it at level 30 and abuse it in A Spec races then that would suck.

Like I said, by Level 30 you will have a garage full of Group C and LMP race cars, so having the X1 at that point wouldn't help you abuse those later endurance races anyways either. Plus you cannot use the Ferrari F1 cars in A-Spec races, so I doubt you will be able to do so with the X1 either.

You can however use the FormulaGT in A-Spec races.

BeeDog

Has there been a definite acknowledgement that a patch will be released tomorrow, or are people still simply assuming that it will hit?

ZeroRay

BeeDog said:
Has there been a definite acknowledgement that a patch will be released tomorrow, or are people still simply assuming that it will hit?

All we know is early December.

The December 1st quote might have been mistranslated.

BeeDog said:

Dude, don't even worry about it, just play the game ... I mean, you honestly expect Sony or PD to start announcing patch dates? And if we even got them would you believe them? Be honest with yourself .. would you?

BeeDog

ZeroRay said:
All we know is early December.

The December 1st quote might have been mistranslated.

Thanks.

flyinpiranha said:
Dude, don't even worry about it, just play the game ... I mean, you honestly expect Sony or PD to start announcing patch dates? And if we even got them would you believe them? Be honest with yourself .. would you?

They announced the previous patch beforehand, so... :p

-viper-

Banned
EnjoyIncubus said:
Lvl 13, got about 300,000 to spend on a car. Any suggestions?

Looking at the 458 Italia right now, or maybe a Lamborghini.
Lamborghini Gallardo because you'll need it for an event.

-viper-

Banned
Valkyr Junkie said:
The grinding in the game once you get to the mid-20s is going to turn off a huuuuuuuuge portion of the fans. Unless they start giving you a healthy amount of XP for online races, it's gonna remain a fairly niche automobile.

Like I said, by Level 30 you will have a garage full of Group C and LMP race cars, so having the X1 at that point wouldn't help you abuse those later endurance races anyways either. Plus you cannot use the Ferrari F1 cars in A-Spec races, so I doubt you will be able to do so with the X1 either.

You can however use the FormulaGT in A-Spec races.
Is that the Polyphony F1 car? Can you win this car or must it be paid for?

gunther

Metalmurphy said:
According to Kaz there's no memory left to implement it in other modes.

thats bullshit, i want headtracking implemented in events where you are alone, like the AMG school, rally and practices.

Bandicoot

FlyinJ said:
I meant car interiors for all the cars you can drive. I'm not sure how this whole "premium" car thing works exactly. Do non-premium cars still have interiors?

Premium cars have fully modeled interiors and more damage effects. 200 of the cars in the game are premium while the rest are standard. You cannot drive a standard car from the interior view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom