• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT| an Ode to the Automobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

chifanpoe

Jim said:
That's awesome... I love that floor too.

I'm actually interested in seeing everyone's busted-ass, budget wheel mounts/set-ups (no offense Bob). I'll be using a old Driving Force Pro attached to a folding wooden TV tray with a short stool as my rig.

I have a nice gaming setup(60inch Sony SXRD, 7.2 THX Ultra 2, Movie Room).

However I will also be using a 4 year old driving force pro on a home made wooden stand. It is rickety as shit and terrible looking but it is still somewhat functional.

My wife would kill me if I told her I needed a $250+ wheel and a custom stand for it ;)

Bobo

anonnumber6 said:
£400 in the UK.

It is a lot of money but then it is for GT 5.

Thank you, price is £84 cheaper than on Amazon.
If you are considering buying the Playseat Evo... Shop around for a better price! I paid £250 and that was over a year ago. I got it from Gameseek.co.uk but it appears they no longer sell it.

noire

Unconfirmed Member
5Q3KPl.jpg

Wife on the Driving Force GT/Wheel Stand Pro. Dog is her co-pilot.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Does play.com really have stock? Says so on their site. Put an order in with them, would be sweet if it shipped this weekend.

(Really hope this isn't a double post!)

Gek54

gutterboy44 said:
Complete a full lap with your front tires locked and we can start to validate your conclusion. Until then, it is just a single video showing a single circumstance. With that, I am done with arguing about an old game and spending my efforts tying to find a place selling GT5 in NYC.

Ok, other than getting rear ended at the beginning, a flawless lap with the front brakes locked for the entire lap.

1 Lap with Brakes Locked - Professional Physics : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7pGdmfl6uM

The DLC for PS3 games is usually region locked, right? Which means I have to buy the DLC from the PSN store of that region. I guess that would suck for GT5. :(

Az

Valkyr Junkie said:
I owe you a Bold City beer, my friend. Just got home and updated my PSN comment :D
picofawesome[/QUOTE]

I will take you up on that. 30 more minutes until I leave work.

Gek54 said:
Ok, other than getting rear ended at the beginning, a flawless lap with the front brakes locked for the entire lap.

1 Lap with Brakes Locked - Professional Physics : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7pGdmfl6uM

If all assists are off than that is conclusive evidence. And now you have a very distinct "question" to ask people who have GT5 instead to the sensational, "jesus" thing.

Edit: I appreciate the effort to create further evidence.

pZQKG.jpg

That's my config until I got the wheel stand pro.

It's pretty comfortable and it cost me nothing.

I got the dfgt three days ago and I suck so much with it. It's great fun tough.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Gek54 said:

This time around you actually have a pretty good evidence ; )

I would definitely prefer if that 'assist' was removed from the final version. Somebody for a quick test?

Metalmurphy said:
No ugly pink sticker? :eek:
There goes the exciting online experience ; )

I HELD IT IN MY GOD DAMNED HANDS!!!!

My search around Toronto was hit and miss. I didn't find a copy to buy but the Blockbuster I use to work at got their shipment in so I did get to take a quick flip through the manual.

That means that I still might be able to track it down this weekend. Otherwise, I can probably score one from Gamerama Monday night.

Baby Milo

DoctorWho said:

My search around Toronto was hit and miss. I didn't find a copy to buy but the Blockbuster I use to work at got their shipment in so I did get to take a quick flip through the manual.

That means that I still might be able to track it down this weekend. Otherwise, I can probably score one from Gamerama Monday night.
you should have stole it

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
DoctorWho said:

Oddly enough I just came back from my local Blockbuster's in the UK, they got their shipment in today, the chap behind the counter showed me my reserved copy, I can't have it until Wednesday though :-(

CozMick

Banned
Is it too late to pre-order from Amazon/Play and get my bonus cars?

I've had it pre-ordered since E3 from GAME but didn't realise there were no incentives :(

CozMick said:
Is it too late to pre-order from Amazon/Play and get my bonus cars?

I've had it pre-ordered since E3 from GAME but didn't realise there were no incentives :(

Amazon have stopped doing their's but Play.com's is still on.

dankir

Me_Marcadet said:
pZQKG.jpg

That's my config until I got the wheel stand pro.

It's pretty comfortable and it cost me nothing.

I got the dfgt three days ago and I suck so much with it. It's great fun tough.

You must suck with all that stuff on top of the wheel blocking your view!

Enron said:
Heads up. Fry's has the driving force GT for 99 bucks this weekend.

It's been $99 on and off for a few weeks, but today was the first time I've actually seen it in the ad.

The Fry's here in town (Roseville) also has the G27, but wants $299 for it :\

Fixed1979

anonnumber6 said:
£400 in the UK.

It is a lot of money but then it is for GT 5.

Thank you, price is £84 cheaper than on Amazon.

if you do get it make sure you get the gear shift adapter as well, it's a must have and I'm surprised they didn't just include it with the chair.

Enron

Banned
djSyndrome said:
It's been $99 on and off for a few weeks, but today was the first time I've actually seen it in the ad.

The Fry's here in town (Roseville) also has the G27, but wants $299 for it :\

Ive been trying to talk myself into buying the G27 all week. But my god, 300 bucks. And i have to get a stand, too. By the time im done, 510 bucks gone just so i can play gt5. Just cant do it.

dankir said:
You must suck with all that stuff on top of the wheel blocking your view!

It's not blocking my view when I'm sitting behind the wheel and I need all that stuff to counterbalance the weight of the wheel.
qeCjD.jpg

that's what I see when playing.

CozMick

Banned
I understand that the online servers are down until launch but have we had confirmation on whether YouTube upload support made it to the retail version of the game?

pix

CozMick said:
I understand that the online servers are down until launch but have we had confirmation on whether YouTube upload support made it to the retail version of the game?

Probably cant get into the menu to see, unless its listed in the manual.

commedieu said:
will you take one for the team?

PM me if so.. -_-

Im in santa monica, theres a few places near culver city on Sepulveda/overland. And one on venice/overland.. those gameshops are locally ran. Might have luck.
I've checked one of those stores in Culver City last night (it's where I was able to snag Super Street Fighter IV one week early =), doesn't look like they have it in yet as of that time.

belvedere

Junior Butler
I'm officially in freak-out mode. Calling stores with the slightest of hopes that someone may have it in stock, going back watching the trailers/videos to see if there's any detail I might have missed.

Fap stage incoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom