• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT| an Ode to the Automobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old setup on the left, new setup on the right:

5C4LS.jpg
t3rAi.jpg

belvedere said:
I'm officially in freak-out mode. Calling stores with the slightest of hopes that someone may have it in stock, going back watching the trailers/videos to see if there's any detail I might have missed.

Fap stage incoming.

I am trying to let this game not overwhelm me (still have to prep cook and bake for thanksgiving when the game comes out). Calling in to grab something early will only drive me up the wall. Its better for me to know that I will actually have it on Wednesday.

@gutterboy44- Thanks!!

DoomGyver

Just got a great deal on a G27 :D Thanks viakado!

Now I need to visit the local scrapyard and find me a nice seat, home made stand ftw!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Fallout-NL said:
Is there anyone in here at all who plans on playing with a regular controller?
Dualshock 3 here!

Though i have a wheel.. i should try it with Prologue some day.
The thing is that i dont have a table, my TV is right in front of my bed.

Metalmurphy said:
Anyone here has the french version of the game yet? Are the manuals/cover/game in French or English?

Anyone? :/ Kinda on the fence of Pre-ordering it on Amazon.fr and cancelling the one from .co.uk

Fersis said:
Dualshock 3 here!

Though i have a wheel.. i should try it with Prologue some day.
The thing is that i dont have a table, my TV is right in front of my bed.

Yeah, that's not very practical.

You know, I'd like to get a wheel. But I just couldn't justify it to my girlfriend. She already thinks the whole gaming thing is ridiculous. I'm not pussy whipped or anything. Yet it's hard to explain my hobby to someone who just doesn't understand any of it, let alone setups like the ones on display in this thread.

Oh well, if the controller works as well as with the other game (f-word), I'll be happy.

Fallout-NL said:
Is there anyone in here at all who plans on playing with a regular controller?

Playing on a DS3 for now. Don't really have the right permanent setup for my DFGT and G27, so I only bust em out on special occasion.

Valkyr Junkie said:
Great. GT games have always played great on a pad though. I've always preferred the analog face buttons to the triggers, even on GT5P.

Alright, well good. I've always found it a bit difficult to dose the face buttons though.

I wonder when amazon.co.uk is going to start shipping. I've waited long enough.

I was supposed to post this earlier but GAF froze @ my house >_>

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95004&page=3279#post4159381

Clutch pedal works!!

i'm saying that once for all!

Lights work! The led are illuminating green then yellow then red to follow the "turn of the motor" (is it the right word in english?)

H shifter works
Paddles works!
Everyone happy the sun shines!

G27's clutch, h-shifter, paddle shifter and led works?!?! rejoice!!! \o/

Hava nagila
Hava nagila
Hava nagila v'nismeḥa

CozMick

Banned
Flo_Evans said:
Is it just me, or is this flipped horizontally? WTF?

The ninjas are every where >.>

I have no idea why, I was told it was to avoid Sony or some shit like that, although I haven't worked out how it would work

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Some people on my PSN Friends List are already playing GT5
:(

chifanpoe

CozMick said:
Yeah, living in the UK is so damn shitty,

Why does no-one ever break the release date, ever!?

I live in the States, Washington State to be exact, and no one here has received their copies yet nor would sell it early if they had :(

bud

Valkyr Junkie said:
Great. GT games have always played great on a pad though. I've always preferred the analog face buttons to the triggers, even on GT5P.

ever since gt3, i've been playing racing games with the sticks. works really great for me.

i'll pick up the dfgt eventually, though, when i can find it dirt cheap.

Rich!

chifanpoe said:
I live in the States, Washington State to be exact, and no one here has received their copies yet nor would sell it early if they had :(

We got ours today (UK), and as I said before I could take it home to give it a play, but nah - no PS3 at the moment.

I wouldnt tell any customers we have it though!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Here's my ghetto setup, this pic was taken like 20 minutes after I got a Logitech Force GT wheel earlier this week, which I had no intentions of getting. I cleaned up the area since then

I guess the good thing is I pay $0 for the setup, and it's actually pretty comfortable. I just use my computer chair for my seat.

weZ9B.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
LiquidMetal14 said:
That thing is gonna rock :lol

Prepare to order a wheel stand pro with some disposable income.

It's actually pretty sturdy, surprisingly. That or I dont notice it at all :lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Metalmurphy said:
Holyshit! You can walk around all the tracks as an FPS :eek:

Guns to be included next patch, confirmed.

I'm so jealous of some of you. I want to drive the Test Track. ;___;

Fixed1979

Wario64 said:
Here's my ghetto setup, this pic was taken like 20 minutes after I got a Logitech Force GT wheel earlier this week, which I had no intentions of getting. I cleaned up the area since then

Is the logo on the wheel lit or is that just reflection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom