• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT| an Ode to the Automobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loudninja

BobTheFork said:
You mentioned that many many times, you can't get so hung up. People wi say what they want no matter what.
I know, it drives me crazy though they are not magically going to have 500 cars because the standards are gone.

ToD_

I pre-ordered the game with amazon back in august. I'm not sure if they already offered the stealth cars and $10 credit towards other purchases at that time, but I can't see any confirmation of this anywhere. Is this something that normally gets applied after the product ships?

Edit - I just read that they send this out within 2 days after shipping. So that clears it up!

CozMick

Banned
anonnumber6 said:
Try eBay on release day if no-one here has some spare codes

After my LOST season 4 boxset "incident" I vowed never to use there site ever again :p

Lagspike_exe said:
Which card are you using? Does Play require 3D cert?

It's an HSBC Visa, I have to go through verification bullshit, phoning my bank and shit.

Suppose I'll cross my fingers and hope for a spare out in the wild, and the offer will still stand :D

gogogow said:
go see a doctor really. :lol

I care about driving the cars yeah some them look bad but i still want to drive them.
It's going to look worst when you zoom in on them in photo mode.
I would trade 800 cars if they were give us more premium cars but it does not work that way.

CozMick

Banned
gundamkyoukai said:
I care about driving the cars yeah some them look bad but i still want to drive them.

Bumper Cam is for real men!

I will use this view forever.

iceatcs

brotkasten said:
You can drive your cars from GT PSP in GT5. As standard cars. And only in arcade mode.
is it S2000 pic as PSP unlocked car? Look like it come from imported from PSP.

Anyway, no rear mirror PSP feature I assume. I saw once before somewhere video I think it must be F1 launch title, not GT.

CozMick said:
After my LOST season 4 boxset "incident" I vowed never to use there site ever again :p

It's an HSBC Visa, I have to go through verification bullshit, phoning my bank and shit.

Suppose I'll cross my fingers and hope for a spare out in the wild, and the offer will still stand :D

Is the Verified by Visa check?

When I forgot my password I was able to setup a new one just using my card number

ecnal

brotkasten said:

is there any reasoning behind not being able to swap out rims for standard cars?

only thing i can think of is that aftermarket rims are modeled nicely--like the premium cars--so they probably look mismatched on a standard model...

there are a ton of standard cars i would like to modify to my liking, this sucks :\

gogogow

Loudninja said:
I know, it drives me crazy though they are not magically going to have 500 cars because the standards are gone.
no, who said they will get 500 premium cars if the standard cars are gone? The standard cars are free, ported over using old GT4 assets. I was talking about, and others before me, that they should've hired external modelers to help the PD modelers. And before people are against this, because they are not from PD, PD did hire external people, but just not for modeling. Yamauchi mentioned it in an interview how their team grown to 150 people including external people.
gundamkyoukai said:
I would trade 800 cars if they were give us more premium cars but it does not work that way.
I am not against standard cars, just that I think PD should've handled things differently.
And let's be honest, the only reason there's 1000 cars in the game is because they can say, '1000 CARS in GT5!. And why don't you guys read! External modelers!!!!! No one is saying they can trade standard cars for premiums!

CozMick

Banned
anonnumber6 said:
Is the Verified by Visa check?

That's the one, It says I have to contact my bank, I got the code, entered it on the site but the process goes into a loop :(

oh and
sorry for being OT, I give in

commedieu said:
and for standard folk to cry about

img0697x.jpg

You made the photo?

It's strange. Not only the model is awful (closer to GT2 than GT4), the background seems also PS2-like...

I love seeing you guys bitch about that standard Miata cuz I've been driving it for hours and the thing looks awesome in-game, in-motion :lol

Yeah, if you walk all the way up to the car in replay mode as close as you can, directly perpendicular (by far that car's worst angle), and take a picture with your digital camera, the car model does look dated. PD is aware of this, which is why they don't allow you to get that close once you switch to the camera interface. Here's me doing the exact same thing, but from a better angle.

raqkj.jpg

The standard cars look great. I've raced against a bunch of cars only be surprised to find out when I go back and look and see that they're standard model. Hang in there guys :D

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Valkyr Junkie said:
I love seeing you guys bitch about that standard Miata cuz I've been driving it for hours and the thing looks awesome in-game, in-motion :lol

Yeah, if you walk all the way up to the car in replay mode as close as you can, directly perpendicular (by far that car's worst angle), and take a picture with your digital camera, the car model does look dated. PD is aware of this, which is why they don't allow you to get that close once you switch to the camera interface. Here's me doing the exact same thing, but from a better angle.

raqkj.jpg

The standard cars look great. I've raced against a bunch of cars only be surprised to find out when I go back and look and see that they're standard model. Hang in there guys :D

Oh no, the game can only render 1 standard car at at time!

What's everyone else unlucky enough to have to wait until Tuesday doing to hype themselves up over this game? I must have listened to My Favorite Game by The Cardigans a few hundred times now. GT2 was the last time I truly got into a GT and the intro song has me drooling for GT5.

gogogow said:
I am not against standard cars, just that I think PD should've handled things differently.
And let's be honest, the only reason there's 1000 cars in the game is because they can say, '1000 CARS in GT5!. And why don't you guys read! External modelers!!!!! No one is saying they can trade standard cars for premiums!

Cause PD don't want to use external modelers and that also brings another bunch of problems .
What PD should do is hire more people to do job and keep them in house.
Yes they also put 1000 cars there as a sales point , GT 6 should have allot more premiums just like how it was from GT 3 to GT 4.

Goddamn, I am so drunk I just preordered this... Well, I know I am not going to regret it but it's going to hurt my wallet anyway... WEDNESDAY CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH

CozMick

Banned
TestMonkey said:
What's everyone else unlucky enough to have to wait until Tuesday doing to hype themselves up over this game? I must have listened to My Favorite Game by The Cardigans a few hundred times now. GT2 was the last time I truly got into a GT and the intro song has me drooling for GT5.

*Gently rubs GT2 disc* Mmmmmmmmmmm rubber

TestMonkey said:
Keep bitching and having fist fights with Metalmurphy. <3

markao said:
http://www.abload.de/img/article-0-067f420e0000ha2p.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
I knew someone would post that. :D

I guess I'll throw my setup in the mix.

This is where my wheel has been sitting for over a year, waiting...It will be there permantley once GT comes out, only sliding it out to actually play.
Eeo2S.jpg

I made it myself obviously, but I made a mistake in the design, the top piece of wood should come out more because I am tall and my legs are a little squished in there. Either that or my arms have to extend to much to hold the wheel. The bolts are in way to tight (and the head is stripped) so I cant really do anything about it for now.
JzuZU.jpg

Note: not showing is a recliner I put in the middle of the area that sits at perfect height with the stand and I'm closer to the tv. I never actually sit on the Futon. Don't mind the tv stand (aka my table), its temporary!
GEtoa.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I pre-order at Gamestop as a) It's the only "Game store" in town b) they generally carry Atlus titles (where I generally pre-order) c) I haven't ever had an issue with them. Sure, their prices are a bit insane on the used stuff, but if you wait a bit you can get shit cheap there.

That said, I can't hear, so I don't have to put up with their bullshit. I generally just go "I can't hear. I want to pre-order (game) for (system), please." They'll write their questions down, I answer verbally and leave. *shrug*

That said, I'm more worried about the pre-order bonus at Gamestop than ordering there. Generally employees will hold onto a few extra to give to friends or other people (like Master Ninja gets some codes for GAF but those are generally extras... I hope?) and not give them to the cusomters that pre-ordered. Annoying. :|

iceatcs said:
Any news on PSP internal with GT5?

PSP cockpit is not in, if that's what you're asking.

pix said:

The best part of that video is how much he's struggling to keep it straight. Just a few days ago you had people worrying that they'd dumbed down the physics engine because there was no longer a Pro and Standard option. But he points out while playing that he's using the M3 because it was his favorite car in Prologue yet he's struggling to drive it in GT5.

gogogow

gundamkyoukai said:
Cause PD don't want to use external modelers and that also brings another bunch of problems .
What PD should do is hire more people to do job and keep them in house.
Yes they also put 1000 cars there as a sales point , GT 6 should have allot more premiums just like how it was from GT 3 to GT 4.
I wouldn't know what problems it would bring, but Yamauchi is not against external people. Because there are a bunch of them working at PD and they exceed the 140 PD members.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Loudninja said:
No magic cars ?! WTF PD !!! WHERES MY HARRY POTER MOVIL SONY ???

PREORDER CANCELLED !!

THE:MILKMAN

SolidSnakex said:
The best part of that video is how much he's struggling to keep it straight. Just a few days ago you had people worrying that they'd dumbed down the physics engine because there was no longer a Pro and Standard option. But he points out while playing that he's using the M3 because it was his favorite car in Prologue yet he's struggling to drive it in GT5.

Holy shit! Christhedude races in the VLN IN REAL LIFE:D

KingDizzi said:
"and to whoever gonna say this game sucks well, screw you all because the game is frekin amazing"

:lol :lol Cracked up when he said that, just came out of no where.

That's probably in reference to all the people freaking out at GTplanet. Everyone that has the game right now seems to be in love with it. I think a lot of the negativity though is from the frustration of not having it.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
SolidSnakex said:
I know its just a lousy Youtube video, but man the physics seem to be way better than Prologue's.

OH MY.. THE RALLY EVENTS!! THINK ABOUT THE RALLY EVENTS !!

DoomGyver

Question about the G27 I just ordered, say in game I'm in 4th gear coming into a turn, will the H shifter allow me to drop it straight into 2nd like in real life or do I have to cycle through each gear? (4>3>2)?

dronde

Neo Member
How much u pay for it?

Full Recovery said:
Question about the G27 I just ordered, say in game I'm in 4th gear coming into a turn, will the H shifter allow me to drop it straight into 2nd like in real life or do I have to cycle through each gear? (4>3>2)?

Melfice7

Full Recovery said:

on prologue you could go straight to whatever gear

The daytime snow environments look superior to the daytime rain environments. Obviously SSR7 night/rain kills everything in the game, but the snow track looks equally immersive. Shame they didnt do a snow track at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom