• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT| an Ode to the Automobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
saladine1 said:
Seriously, what are the chances of seeing DLC for GT5?
I mean, I've been reading everywhere people asking for this and that but I do remember Kaz being asked about DLC and he pretty much hated the idea.
Does Sony have the power to influence him to provide DLC if he chooses not to?

He doesn't hate the idea, he hated the idea of people thinking that they'd hold stuff back from the consumers. So when people would ask him about it he'd get frustrated because it seemed like they were thinking that something would be held back for DLC purposes. But recently he admitted that once they finished the game he'd have the online team look into DLC. Plus he's hinted at possible bikes in the future if fans want it.

endlessflood said:
We so need a Tourist Trophy on the GT5 engine. I would buy it in a heartbeat.

I like the idea of bikes being DLC as Kaz mentioned that they already know that bikes can work in GT5's environments. I think that they'd be able to reach a much bigger userbase if they were to go through fans that already have GT5 rather than expecting people to pick up a standalone bike racing game.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
My CE arrived today :D I don't have the time to play it right now though, as I'm going to visit my grandparents (however awesome GT5 might be, I value my beloved grandparents much higher)

spats

saladine1 said:
I mean, I've been reading everywhere people asking for this and that but I do remember Kaz being asked about DLC and he pretty much hated the idea.

The PAL boxart says "downloadable content" on it.

saladine1

endlessflood said:
Oh how I hate bikes with a Passion!
Can't stand them virtual or otherwise. But, if it makes people happy then more power to ya.
P.S- I hate bikes.

@SSX, well that sounds good to me. I've never bough any DLC in my life but would gladly do it for GT5!

KingDizzi

Banned
saladine1 said:

110% chance there will be DLC, it would an absolute cash cow for Sony. A racing game having DLC makes a lot of sense with tracks and cars being added, when you have a franchise this big it's just leaving money on the table if you don't do it. Kaz got pissed when people asked since he said everything he wanted would be on the disc and it remains to be seen if that is true, looking at the wealth of content it looks like Kaz got his wish. Now if we get launch DLC such as new tracks then he was clearly talking out his arse however that will most probably not happen. TT2 or just an odd on would be mint, it will be the one and only DLC I would ever bother purchasing however here is to hoping it's a fully fledged game and not DLC.

saladine1 said:
Can't stand them virtual or otherwise. But, if it makes people happy then more power to ya.
P.S- I hate bikes.

@SSX, well that sounds good to me. I've never bough any DLC in my life but would gladly do it for GT5!

Pretty sure it's illegal to have taste this shitty.

Seep said:
C'mon you can't be happy that after all this time there is screen tearing and ugly standard car models, for a series that used to be praised for how perfect it was.

I've owned every copy even got Prologue with cars to carry over, that game has tearing but it was said it was not final so I accepted that. But if you want to pay for sub standard goods then go ahead.
nvm we won't be misssing you

hurahn

Neo Member
Combichristoffersen said:
My CE arrived today :D I don't have the time to play it right now though, as I'm going to visit my grandparents (however awesome GT5 might be, I value my beloved grandparents much higher)

Good man!!!!! I wish grandparents coud be around forever.

saladine1

The only shitty thing about DLC for racing games is the lack of implementation into career mode.
I guess they can be used online and TT but it would be awesome if say instead of just a track and a handful of cars, they can give a whole event based on those new tracks or cars...

saladine1 said:
The only shitty thing about DLC for racing games is the lack of implementation into career mode.
I guess they can be used online and TT but it would be awesome if say instead of just a track and a handful of cars, they can give a whole event based on those new tracks or cars...

They could actually implement cars into the career mode, although it would take a little extra time to release the DLC. But they could work them into the Special Events mode so that they'd have their own section.

h3ro

Standard cars look fine to me. I don't plan on doing much in photomode.

Unless its pictures of me lapping firewire.

endlessflood said:

Yes, that would be fantastic.

saladine1 said:
P.S- I hate bikes.

You hate bikes? You're not going to find a better power to weight ratio anywhere.

SolidSnakex said:
I like the idea of bikes being DLC as Kaz mentioned that they already know that bikes can work in GT5's environments. I think that they'd be able to reach a much bigger userbase if they were to go through fans that already have GT5 rather than expecting people to pick up a standalone bike racing game.
I guess the benefit of that approach is that they can just add a small number of bike models rather than having to fill an entire game with them. But I still dream of a Tourist Trophy with the full Isle of Man track. Much like I once I dreamed about a GT with the full Nordschleife...

Adamm

offshore said:
ShopTo have just shipped my copy. Praying for Monday delivery!

Dammit!

When i order off shopto - GAME ships before them, now that ive ordered off GAME shopto ship before them

:(

Should have order two

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Is play.com working over the weekend? :\

I would have ordered with shopto, but their registration form seems completely f-cked.

spats said:
I suppose so. I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't have stuff in the pipeline though.

I definitely expect that there will be actual DLC. We know that they're working on the HSV-010. So they'd obviously have other cars that we just don't know about. Now tracks, that's something that might not happen just due to how long it takes for them to create them.

spats

gofreak said:
Is play.com working over the weekend? :\

I would have ordered with shopto, but their registration form seems completely f-cked.

I'm pretty sure they do. They're not my #1 place for preordering or getting stuff in time though. My KZ2 preorder was like 2 weeks late and I had preordered months in advance.

spats said:
I suppose so. I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't have stuff in the pipeline though.

have you seen it at retail in finland spats? no breaks until wednesday?

I concur, anyone who doesnt bleive that they will have to pay through the nose for a additional content is fooling themselves. you better prepare your wallets to be blasted in the ass by Sony and its 'only PS Plus members will have access to the expensive DLC for 3 months' or other nonsense.

spats

Templar Wizard said:
have you seen it at retail in finland spats? no breaks until wednesday?

I concur, anyone who doesnt bleive that they will have to pay through the nose for a additional content is fooling themselves. you better prepare your wallets to be blasted in the ass by Sony and its 'only PS Plus members will have access to the expensive DLC for 3 months' or other nonsense.

Haven't seen or heard anything unfortunately. Hoping to pick it up at Gigantti in Lappeenranta come wednesday.

Tunesmith said:
3aaac4d6f023454294d14f409cb24524_7.jpg

Do eeet :p
How much?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Too laggy to see shit. meh, who cares, spoilers anyway.

Goldrusher

Templar Wizard said:
anyone who doesnt bleive that they will have to pay through the nose for a additional content is fooling themselves.
Nah, or they won't have anything new for GT6.

It took them 4 years to model 200 cars.

-viper-

Banned
Can you fast forward B-Spec mode like in GT4?

Looks too boring to simply watch your driver race around the track at normal speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom