• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 TGS blowout; Yamauchi prepping for GT 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclaren777

SolidSnakex said:
Laguna isn't going anywhere as it's one of Kaz's favorite tracks.
I'm just bummed that it's become the de facto North American track when there are so many that are much better (IMO).

Ploid 3.0

I remember my first time playing on Laguna. Man that corkscrew scared me. Was finally given a fast car and it had to be on that. To top it off it was a viper I think (License test).

Ploid 3.0 said:
I remember my first time playing on Laguna. Man that corkscrew scared me. Was finally given a fast car and it had to be on that. To top it off it was a viper I think (License test).

The infamous corkscrew, I still manage to miss the second apex 10% of the time.

The track is worth including just because of that chicane.

offshore

Oh yeah, 4oD. Well that's good then...I'll probably be too drunk to wake up early anyway :lol

I just hope Colin Murray isn't doing the V/O this time. That man gets on my nerves.

SolidSnakex said:
Heh, that would be real.

Here's a new GT5 TGS vid

http://multiplayer.it/video/gran-turismo-5-per-ps3/gran-turismo-5-videoanteprima-tgs-2010.hi/

Credit to fordcapri from GTplanet.

Wait until you get to the part of the vid with the GTbyCitroen Race Car on the straight at Le Mans. The sense of speed is insane.

I just noticed a small but really awesome detail in this video.

When he goes into the tunnel at 1:46 the wipers clean all the water from the windshield, but after he turns left 2 or 3 drops moved away from the accumulated water on the area where the wipers don't reach :lol That's freaking insane, pretty much means that the water drops are actual physical objects on the game engine.

offshore said:
Oh yeah, 4oD. Well that's good then...I'll probably be too drunk to wake up early anyway :lol

I just hope Colin Murray isn't doing the V/O this time. That man gets on my nerves.
You could always watch it repeated at 5 am on Wednesday :lol

I haven't watched early morning C4 for years, didn't realise they still did those sports programs. Thanks for bringing this up.

SolidSnakex said:
http://multiplayer.it/video/gran-turismo-5-per-ps3/gran-turismo-5-videoanteprima-tgs-2010.hi/

Wait until you get to the part of the vid with the GTbyCitroen Race Car on the straight at Le Mans. The sense of speed is insane.

k3x6bd.jpg

spats

Rayven_king said:
can somebody update me on which fictional tracks we're getting in gt5

My brain is a bit foggy right now but atleast High Speed Ring, Eiger(+variation), El Capitan and Trial Mountain.

spats

LabouredSubterfuge said:
I want Grand Valley Speedway, Autumn Ring, Apricot Hill Raceway and Deep Forest Raceway as a bare minimum.

Those are all really good tracks. I truly hope they're back.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
SolidSnakex said:
Laguna isn't going anywhere as it's one of Kaz's favorite tracks.

Have we seen night and/or rain on Laguna Seca yet? Can we simulate?

Would be awesome and harrowing to take the corkscrew.

//B1G said:
what's up with the shadows in the cockpit?!

I have no idea what's going on with the selfshadows. They had some aliasing issues in Prologue when the car was facing certain angles, we've seen videos where they look better then prologue and others where they look worst (like that one).

KZObsessed

TTP said:
Why is he wearing shutter glasses when game is running in 2D mode? :lol

omg :lol I thought they were just his douche bag shades :p

So TTP what do you think of GT5's TGS showing? :D

I'm still collapsed on the floor in a pool of my own fluids.

Yoboman

Gold Member
SolidSnakex said:
Track list so far

2ikxk42.png

Credit to SHIRAKAWA Akira from GTplanet.

It seems like SSR11 is shown in the Red Bull trailer, but people aren't sure yet.
It's 70 circuits right? Right now we can see 10 locations, maybe more if the fictional tracks are assigned a location on the globe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom