• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 TGS blowout; Yamauchi prepping for GT 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the official site it appears that you do have to manually activate your windshield wipers

Just imagine racing as the early evening sky turns purple. You start to see sprinkles of rain hit your windshield. Rain drops are lit by headlights ahead of you, and mist from the tires of the car in front of you blankets your windshield. You hit the wipers to clear your view of the road and get back to the task at hand: finishing the race and hopefully coming in first.

saladine1

2q1hst0.jpg

BMW Z4, now c'mon, tell me that isn't roof cam...

Two things could be possible.

It just differs with every build and it's not finalized.

Or PD has decided per car whether it was best (in their eyes) to implement roof or hood cam.

saladine1 said:
[]http://i54.tinypic.com/2q1hst0.jpg[/IMG]
BMW Z4, now c'mon, tell me that isn't roof cam...

Ofc it's a roof cam. Same one that's exists in Prologue. Not quite sure where you're getting at.

Salacious Crumb

I'll re-ask my question for the 50 posts per page ferals.

On the PC I can set the steering lock for my DFGT, is there anyway to do that with the PS3?
Trying to drive a twitchy racing car, like an F1 car, with 900 degrees of steering rotation is a little tricky.

saladine1

Metalmurphy said:
Ofc it's a roof cam. Same one that's exists in Prologue. Not quite sure where you're getting at.
Well, we're not decided yet on whether there's a hood view or not. If this vid is indeed the latest build, I didn't see any hood view option when the driver in this video scrolled through the different cams..

Melfice7

Salacious Crumb said:

On the PC I can set the steering lock for my DFGT, is there anyway to do that with the PS3?
Trying to drive a twitchy racing car, like an F1 car, with 900 degrees of steering rotation is a little tricky.

unless theres an ingame option in gt5, no you cant

Salacious Crumb said:

It would be great if GT5 would change the steering lock and enabling or disabling the clutch and the pedal shifter automatically per car. One realistic controller config per car.

saladine1 said:
Well, we're not decided yet on whether there's a hood view or not. If this vid is indeed the latest build, I didn't see any hood view option when the driver in this video scrolled through the different cams..

Latest build doesn't necessarily mean it has eveything. We've seen SOOOO many builds where even newer ones were missing stuff that we had seen already on older ones.

Fact of the matter is...
http://i33.tinypic.com/9glyqe.jpg

This one is nothing like that one.

satriales

Salacious Crumb said:

I'd assume it automatically switched depending on the car. They can't expect you to use 900 degree steering for an F1 car :lol

Salacious Crumb

satriales said:
I'd assume it automatically switched depending on the car. They can't expect you to use 900 degree steering for an F1 car :lol

God I'd love it if they did that, but I can't find anyone talking about it. I do know that GT5P doesn't do it though.

Don't let me down PD, it should be simple as shit to implement compared to the other stuff you've been able to do.

BLagiver

Banned
What would be some good stuff to listen to when playing GT5? Also is it safe to say this game has the most content and features out of any other game this gen and has the spectacular tech and graphics to boot?

segarr

I might have to pick up a wheel for the first time. This looks too good. I can't get into these driving sims though, I like the PGR style with cars that control like you are a driving god and looking good doing it. But maybe, a wheel will allow me to "get" this genre.

spats

BLagiver said:
What would be some good stuff to listen to when playing GT5? Also is it safe to say this game has the most content and features out of any other game this gen and has the spectacular tech and graphics to boot?

T-Square, Casiopea, any Daiki Kasho stuff from previous GT games.

Tyl3n0L87 said:
I'm thinking of buying a PS3 only for this game alone... Can we except a price drop before the end of the year?

That's unlikely. There will be lots of bundles though.

segarr

BLagiver said:
Listen to whatever your favorite song is at the moment. That's what I do with most games. As far as spectacular tech and graphics to boot, yeah it seems to look really good.

F-Pina

Salacious Crumb said:

In GT4 if I am not mistaken the game would lock or unlock the 900º depending on the car automatically.

segarr said:
I might have to pick up a wheel for the first time. This looks too good. I can't get into these driving sims though, I like the PGR style with cars that control like you are a driving god and looking good doing it. But maybe, a wheel will allow me to "get" this genre.

Gran Turismo with a wheel is a much better game, you appreciate how good the physics are.

If you want a reasonably priced wheel try the Logitech G25.

Wazzim

Banned
Tyl3n0L87 said:
I'm thinking of buying a PS3 only for this game alone... Can we except a price drop before the end of the year?
I'm too, the only price drop you'll see is those from the 120GB/250GB models to ditch them because of the new 160/320GB ones. =)

I have 150 saved up now, need another 200 for the bundle which I will easily reach because GT5 arrives almost the same day as my paycheck :lol

I know this will sound silly, but how good is using the triggers (R2L2) to brake accelerate on the PS3?

I've become accustomed to using the triggers since the Dreamcast days, and when playing racing games on de Playstation 3 I've only tried the default X to accelerate etc.

KillerAJD

sechsterangriff said:
I know this will sound silly, but how good is using the triggers (R2L2) to brake accelerate on the PS3?

I've become accustomed to using the triggers since the Dreamcast days, and when playing racing games on de Playstation 3 I've only tried the default X to accelerate etc.
I liked them well enough. I bought a set of RealTriggers, and while at first it made it seem like the travel the trigger could go was shorter, I eventually got used to it. If you've got a Gamestop around you, grab a pair and try them out ( I think they're like $5?).

pyros

brotkasten said:
Now I feel better about buying a G27 for GT5. :D

are you mounting the g27 to any particular cockpit?, looking to get the Fanatec RennSport, it's a bit pricey but seems solidly built, any other recommendations?, thanks

TylerD

pyros said:
are you mounting the g27 to any particular cockpit?, looking to get the Fanatec RennSport, it's a bit pricey but seems solidly built, any other recommendations?, thanks

Wheel Stand Pro is also a good option.

pyros

TylerD said:
Wheel Stand Pro is also a good option.

Thanks mate, I forgot to mention I'm looking for a full cockpit, anyway a friend recommended me the VisionRacer VR3, going to try it at his house before I buy, now the only problem is how to convince my wife

BLagiver said:
Death in Vegas, Juno Reactor, Boom Boom Satellites, any of Daiki Kasho's stuff from GT3/ 4, most of the tracks from GTA IV's Fusion radio station (seriously). There's a start.

Sony should start gearing up some early marketing for GT5. The Chase for the Sprint Cup starts today in NASCAR, so anytime now would be a good time to start marketing during those races.

KingDizzi

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Sony should start gearing up some early marketing for GT5. The Chase for the Sprint Cup starts today in NASCAR, so anytime now would be a good time to start marketing during those races.

There is still a long time to go until this game releases however this time next month advertising will be in full flow. I'm hoping for some 'classy' adverts along with the shitty Kevin Butler ones for NA and same for here in Europe apart from "the game is just the start" ones. Already it's pretty obvious that in the NA adverts Sony will flaunt the Nascar license and online like crazy and WRC in EU, it's so easy to advertise a GT game I could actually make the advert for GT5. For all regions just have the GT logo up for a minute with the release date......easy peasy. :p

Must add that I am so happy to see Trial Mountain in the game, the only track I truly care about being in the game. Also great to see go karts can be raced on all tracks, should be interesting......

spats

LabouredSubterfuge said:
I really want to know what tracks we're getting. Although I imagine that certain tracks may be kept as DLC.

Kaz is anti-DLC but Sony will propably want them to do stuff anyway. I don't think for a second that they would sit on legacy tracks just to release them a month later. Releasing premium cars that couldn't make it into the retail release however? Maybe.

LabouredSubterfuge said:
I really want to know what tracks we're getting. Although I imagine that certain tracks may be kept as DLC.

I very much doubt it. Kaz gets very aggravated when people ask him about DLC. I think that it comes from the reaction to GTHD, which was based around DLC. He doesn't want people thinking that they're trying to hold things back in order to sell it to them later. He mentioned in one interview that everything that he wants to be in GT5 is going to be in it.

Now that doesn't meant hat there won't be DLC down the line. But I really doubt that they're going to keep tracks or cars back that are completed just to sell it to us later.

KillerAJD

pyros said:
Thanks mate, I forgot to mention I'm looking for a full cockpit, anyway a friend recommended me the VisionRacer VR3, going to try it at his house before I buy, now the only problem is how to convince my wife
Pshaaaaaw, build your own :lol Not only do you get to custom build it for your setup/seating pleasure, if you're thrifty, you can get away with less than $50 in materials. You can find plenty of usable seats at junkyards (if you leave near one anyways), and with a few 2x4's slapped, together, tada! Although, that one specifically sure does look good...

wouwie said:
I never played any GT game prior to Prologue. I heard that the rally segment of the game wasn't very good in previous games. What was the reason for this? Poor car handling?

Since the rally stage has been demoed a lot, has there been any indication of it being better in GT5? The idea of randomly generated tracks + snow sounds very cool for rally events so i was wondering if we can expect better rally driving in this game?

Whoever told you the rallying sections in previous GT games were no good are full of shit, they are one of the most accurate on console. Its hard, REALLY hard, which is why they probably didn't like it. You can't drive super fast around corners, you have to learn to control the car, to drift, to brake and accelerate at the right time, and its amazing. Add a force feedback wheel into the mix and its outstanding. I have a lot of experience with Rally video games and I think its easily the best.

Lagspike_exe said:
I have a lot of experience with Rally video games and I think its easily the best.

Played Richard Burns Rally?
GT rally courses are almost all even surfaces, wide tracks, invisible walls and circuits instead of point to point.

KennyLinder said:
Whoever told you the rallying sections in previous GT games were no good are full of shit, they are one of the most accurate on console. Its hard, REALLY hard, which is why they probably didn't like it. You can't drive super fast around corners, you have to learn to control the car, to drift, to brake and accelerate at the right time, and its amazing. Add a force feedback wheel into the mix and its outstanding. I have a lot of experience with Rally video games and I think its easily the best.
Indeed. Its definitely not Sega Rally. When you pull off that perfect long drift across a turn, its the most satisfying thing on earth next to ice-cream on a hot day

offshore

KingDizzi said:
There is still a long time to go until this game releases however this time next month advertising will be in full flow. I'm hoping for some 'classy' adverts along with the shitty Kevin Butler ones for NA and same for here in Europe apart from "the game is just the start" ones..

"The game is just the start" ads are just, just awful. It amazes me no end that 48% of PS3 sales are in SCEE territories when their advertising is just so abysmal. The V/O dude sounds like he's intoxicated half the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom