• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 announcement conference is LIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Official blog:
The course maker will also include a new GPS data feature, which will increase the freedom of track creation in the game

What does this mean?! lol.
I would love to have some sort of App for iOS/Android that mapped out a route you drive in everyday life, then the game reads this data and then maps out a little course in-game and populates it automatically with buildings etc.

what is this beast? official from Lamborghini?

The Lamborghini Egoista Concept is a one of a kind car built for some rich dude. Here is what the real life one looks like:

Lamborghini-Egoista-1_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/13/...utm_source=Feed_Classic&utm_campaign=Engadget

That looks like something out of some sci-fi movie.

I KNOW RIGHT

waypoetic

Banned
I think Burnout or Need for Speed might be more your style. This is a Sim racer. For car enthusiasts who want the closest thing to real life, not Mario Kart and fantasy.
I'm pretty sure he's talking about the graphics being very similar to GT5. It does look like a GT5 in-game screenshot.

Mascot

SuperÑ;57758004 said:
Now let me see gameplay. Looks exactly the same as GT5 judging from the screens in the PR and the trailer.

I have absolutely no problem with this IF the new rendering engine gives us v-synched 60fps.

Where are the comments from today's hands-on demos?

(admittedly, Silverstone in bright sun with one car on track isn't exactly going to stress any game engine...)

And why won't they tell us what the new tracks are?

For such a big and pre-hyped announcement event, today came across as a bit of a tease. So much hinted at, so few details.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Gives people LESS of a reason to buy the new console. GT is a system seller, infamous and killzone are not.

Imagine if Microsoft released Halo 4 for the 360 the same month they launch their next system, or Nintendo released Skyward Sword the same month the Wii U came out. It's the same situation with GT6 for PS3 being released at the same time as the PS4.

You're a fence sitter. I'm talking about those dead set on buying PS4 changing their mind for one game on PS3. It seems illogical to me.

Duxxy3

You're a fence sitter. I'm talking about those dead set on buying PS4 changing their mind for one game on PS3. It seems illogical to me.

I guess it depends on how big of a GT fan they are. I played GT3 for hundreds of hours but that is nothing compared to a friend of mine. If the only game he had was Gran Turismo he would be perfectly happy. GT6 being a PS3 exclusive probably puts his PS4 purchase out a full year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom