• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Kingdom (PS4/Vita) dated for June, LEs Up on NISA Store, preorders up for EU

Bebpo

Banned
Are there any import reviews of this one? I know Grand Knights History was kind of so-so single player game without much story and focused on online battles. Would be nice to know how substantial and quality the story campaign is in this one.

AniHawk

I've never heard of this. Love the art though. What sort of game is this?

Edit: Ok so I looked into it and man the art is incredible! But the gameplay snippets are super confusing. It looks like a mix of a strategy RPG with some kind of board game system mechanic of some sort. Not really sure what I'm looking at here.

i played it a bit, and from what i played you had three rows to control your character on. they can move between rows and go back and forth, but each character has stamina. stamina runs out as they move, and at a certain point they run out of stamina and you can attack, or you choose to stop and attack. it reminded me of a 2d valkyria chronicles in that sense. positioning is important, as you can get knocked back into allies and deal damage to them, and from what i played, i think friendly fire is a thing. also, getting behind enemies can give you an advantage, or wherever a weak point is, i guess.

i think someone from the import thread might explain it better. i don't understand japanese so that was just my read on it.

RexNovis

Banned
i played it a bit, and from what i played you had three rows to control your character on. they can move between rows and go back and forth, but each character has stamina. stamina runs out as they move, and at a certain point they run out of stamina and you can attack, or you choose to stop and attack. it reminded me of a 2d valkyria chronicles in that sense. positioning is important, as you can get knocked back into allies and deal damage to them, and from what i played, i think friendly fire is a thing. also, getting behind enemies can give you an advantage, or wherever a weak point is, i guess.

i think someone from the import thread might explain it better. i don't understand japanese so that was just my read on it.

Cheers for the explanation! Ill see if I can dig up some more info on it.

Shizuka

Always wanted to play the original. Will this be on sale at other retailers?

The launch edition and PS4 limited edition will be available at participant retailers. The Vita limited edition will most likely be available at VGP+ as well.

Yeah the more i see and hear about it the more awesome it sounds

I hope the character building, equipment, skills, etc are equally as deep!

So pumped for this!

It's some kind of Japanese RPG for Vita

of course I'll buy it

not a huge fan of the cover art though. Feels a bit empty and boring

redcrayon

OK, that looks fantastic, I'm in!

I was going to try and keep to a smaller games budget this year but SRPGs are my weakness...

what! Never heard of this, but I’m on it now after watching that review. Looks really pretty and a deep Strategy RPG. Think I’m in love with the art direction at first sight.

what! Never heard of this, but I’m on it now after watching that review. Looks really pretty and a deep Strategy RPG. Think I’m in love with the art direction at first sight.

Animation is solid too

Love how it all works now that I watched a bunch of combat videos. Really cool

So is this Cross Play online with the PS4/Vita versions?

Man

I almost want to write a big thank you letter to NIS and this director

When GKH fell through Xseeds hands my heart was broken lol

anderedna

Watched the gameplay video. My type of game. Will buy day one on PS4 and hope that the loading between battles won't be as long as Vita's.

I'll try to finish some games next week to clear up some backlog. Long holiday ftw.

So has anyone on GAF played the full game?

What are the customization options?

How is character growth, skills, and equipment handled?

What are all the online play options?

Rezae

Will definitely get, but I'm pretty much off the physical bandwagon at this point, at least on Vita, which is what I'd get this for. Decent price though for the LEs, but in the past I'd flip through everything once and then it turns into clutter. This and Odin Sphere close together will be great times.

This game deserves more attention than its getting..

Well it is pretty far away

I just hope all my buds get hooked and jump onboard

Though i hear the multiplayer works mostly like GKH. Thats a shame. Would have loved to have one on one or some map based conquest mode with 4 players or something.

Either way im pumped

Animation is solid too

Love how it all works now that I watched a bunch of combat videos. Really cool

So is this Cross Play online with the PS4/Vita versions?

I found a Grand Kingdom playlist on youtube! for those that want to see how the game operates in more detail. You can view it here.
oh...oh my, this might just be the gen I fall in love with again!

JRPG are back?? Like really? Can we do co-op in this like Tales games?

Ogawa-san

Haven't purchased a LE in a long time and I'm so tempted to get this one... But it'd be mostly for the soundtrack and a 15 track CD is probably missing some good stuff.

Shizuka

Haven't purchased a LE in a long time and I'm so tempted to get this one... But it'd be mostly for the soundtrack and a 15 track CD is probably missing some good stuff.

It's probably missing a lot of stuff. It's a shame, because SoSC has 37 tracks soundtrack with the limited edition in comparison.

yep. PS3 gen was just a bad dream and its over now
OMG, still hard to believe...I have DIsgaea 5, FF15, Persona 5, in my actual wishlist of titles I might play this year, but even then, it’s like, really, I’m going to even play the smaller stuff like Crimson Gem Saga on my PS4?

Wow, such an awesome gen to look forward to, I now hope it’s just as long as last and Sony supports the platform for a full 8-10 years.

AniHawk

It's probably missing a lot of stuff. It's a shame, because SoSC has 37 tracks soundtrack with the limited edition in comparison.

licensing sometimes happens for soundtracks, and music is a sorta big deal in japan. it can be really expensive to get even a select amount of tracks.

Ugh..
I want the le.. Or the grand edition..
If only grand edition costed around 90 eur shipping included to mainland europe...
Buuuut, if they game has cross save i might say fuck it, and buy both ps4 and psvita..choices choices...

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
The launch edition and PS4 limited edition will be available at participant retailers. The Vita limited edition will most likely be available at VGP+ as well.

So another NISA LE also going to other retailers? Just saw the Sword City listing on Gamestop.com

Labadal

I looked at the import thread but there is absolutely no useful info on the single player campaign.

Edit: 4 new classes + a new scenario were released as paid DLC today.

I looked at the import thread but there is absolutely no useful info on the single player campaign.

Yeah everything looks so good

Take my money... when June finally rolls around

Wereroku

The sp campaign at the moment is called the mercenary route. Apparently they are releasing 4 other campaigns that focus on the different kingdoms as dlc.

The sp campaign at the moment is called the mercenary route. Apparently they are releasing 4 other campaigns that focus on the different kingdoms as dlc.

Sounds amazing!

Nice to see this game get extended support. Hopefully they can expand on online play and multiplayer as well

mao2

The artwork of this game is starting to grow on me and now I kinda want this game and the art book. Dammit...

Top Bottom