• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Simo

Yeah they did get rid of the filter on the photos:
0_0.jpg

Wondering if Raylan will still be there whenever I can get back online...

Reule

jesus christ you people think you're so entitled to this thing working from minute one. doesnt every damn major online game have issues on launch?

considering rockstar sent out a press release explicitily stating there will be issues, and considering there was issues with the single player aspect tied into rockstar's servers, this whole thing should come as no surprise to anybody.

"i paid my $60 damnit, this should work from the second i want it to."

Patience. Get some.
Seriously? There are issues with online for some games but then there's this. Not even that but single player saves are being corrupted or content is being messed up. It's just not cool at all.

maxiell

It was delayed because the issues would have been much worse on launch day. There would be no chance for anyone to get online, and the servers would literally melt.

Actually, they should have just gone at launch for the least number of players, splitting the userbase. Now most people have beat the SP, and they've been waiting for the MP to hit. I just don't think it was ready two weeks ago. It really needed a beta but we know why it didn't have one.

ironcreed

Banned
Any ....ANY ONLINE LAUNCH.

Played COD before, as much as I dislike those games, they work perfectly day 1.

At least they work this shit has broken my single player.

Seriously why are people defending this?

Because it's GTA. Anyway, I'm going to just keep on enjoying single player until they get the kinks ironed out.

Dresden

It's less people defending the issues, and more just folks explaining what happened instead of talking about metacritic conspiracy theories.

Simo

Is the ocean still fucked up?

Earlier this morning when I was trying to evade the police I tried swan diving into the ocean only my character kept flying down like a human bullet and hit the sea bed killing himself.

You was then able to just jump into the sea and walk the sea bed without losing any oxygen.

jesus christ you people think you're so entitled to this thing working from minute one. doesnt every damn major online game have issues on launch?

considering rockstar sent out a press release explicitily stating there will be issues, and considering there was issues with the single player aspect tied into rockstar's servers, this whole thing should come as no surprise to anybody.

"i paid my $60 damnit, this should work from the second i want it to."

Patience. Get some.

It's one thing for there to be server issues, it's another thing entirely for a multiplayer patch fucking up the single player game.

J4g3r

So you know how you can select
John Marston as your dad? I reloaded my second character slot and for a split second it showed Claude (GTA3) as an option too.

Can't seem to select it now... :/

JPodz

Banned
That's not at all unreasonable :x

Did you not get your $60 worth out of the single player mode?

Usually, multiplayer is available the day you buy a game. But here it was delayed for two weeks and still is not working. I think the complaints are more than justified.

Usually multiplayer is available the day you buy a game, but there's still server issues, crashes, things not working.....since GTAO is being treated as an entirely seperate game, the whole two week delay thing is kind of pointless. Find something else to play in the meantime.

Ah yes, the GIF response.

Seriously? There are issues with online for some games but then there's this. Not even that but single player saves are being corrupted or content is being messed up. It's just not cool at all.

Is everybody's saves being corrupted? Then there'd be issues. Shit's glitchy...it'll get ironed out. Again, patience.

SimCity launch, Diablo 3 launch, Final Fantasy 14 launch...why are people surprised GTA Online is having problems?

Exactly.

ironcreed

Banned
Is the ocean still fucked up?

Earlier this morning when I was trying to evade the police I tried swan diving into the ocean only my character kept flying down like a human bullet and hit the sea bed killing himself.

You was then able to just jump into the sea and walk the sea bed without losing any oxygen.

LOL, god damn.

pringles

Silly that some of y'all are saying that this would be a detriment to the scores when you haven't actually had the chance to play it.

Online roll-outs are always messy. Though not excusable, it's certainly not unexpected. Shouldn't necessarily detract from the experience as it was not the intended one, nor is it fully functional. Let a few days pass, play it, then judge it.
Imo it's bad design to not let me join my friend's session because I haven't played the tutorial, when the tutorial can't be played due to the servers. Basically leaving the online part with zero functionality.

MYeager

I must be unlucky then because I've had problems with any large scale multiplayer game on launch, doesn't matter if it's Halo, Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc.

I understand the frustration, but hopefully the issues will smooth out soon.

ironcreed

Banned
Did you not get your $60 worth out of the single player mode?

Usually multiplayer is available the day you buy a game, but there's still server issues, crashes, things not working.....since GTAO is being treated as an entirely seperate game, the whole two week delay thing is kind of pointless. Find something else to play in the meantime.

It is even screwing up people's single player games. I would be pissed as well were that to happen to me. As for myself, I am more than happy to just keep playing single player until it is ironed out. I am just saying that people are entitled to voice concern with such problems after buying the product. And no, not every multiplayer is broken on release.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
So, I got into Solo mode.. tried to start the first race (well, was forced to try to start it actually), and I am now frozen on the "ALERT Unable to join race. Press X to return to GTA Online."

But X doesn't work. Neither does the PS button. Music is still playing.

I am not fucking looking at a frozen system right now because GTAO couldn't join a race, am I?

anddo0

SimCity launch, Diablo 3 launch, Final Fantasy 14 launch...why are people surprised GTA Online is having problems?

Every game you mentioned was playable in some form. I cannot play GTAO.
I can't speak for SimCity or FF14. But I did get a fair amount of time into D3 on launch day.

GlamFM

Banned

I remember Map Packs fucking up COD for two or three days...

Static Jak

I get that there'll be online issues with a game this big.
But why, when Rockstar knows there'll be issues, would they make you join an online race right at the start?

Why not drop you into the free roam?

malfcn

What's also strange is I have some DLs queue up (Games with Gold) and it is constantly downloading and then stopping and restarting. Is that related to GTA Online?

rezn0r

it may or may not be a fair comparison, and i'm not here to defend or yell at R* (stuck at work and busy tonight anyway, sorry to hear people who are trying to play can't), but anyone saying CoD never had launch problems weren't there for a lot of the launches. XBL basically shit itself the first few launches, and do people not remember the free extension for Elite because of the mess that was? kind of a weird series to pick to say 'look at them, they were perfect', because far from it.

Lmao I think something went wrong with my character creation, because my character keeps spawning with no arms. Unfortunately I can't take a picture because she auto walks to the first race that fails to connect.

Plasmid

What's also strange is I have some DLs queue up (Games with Gold) and it is constantly downloading and then stopping and restarting. Is that related to GTA Online?

No, no one can get in, and even if you can, the cloud is down which means none of your progress will be saved. Just wait until later today when they HOPEFULLY fix it.

Gaz_RB

The tracker/insurance system is awesome, and I'm not sure why it wasn't in single player...

wait, what? really?

Yeah I can't change it. This is awesome

No, no one can get in, and even if you can, the cloud is down which means none of your progress will be saved. Just wait until later today when they HOPEFULLY fix it.

I'm in and so are a lot of people. Things are saving to the cloud just fine for me.

Korosenai

So my online character save file got corrupted this morning. Im at school now, so i cant check yet, but hopefully my single player save file didn't get corrupted as well.

Top Bottom