• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Growlanser IV: Wayfarer of Time - Vita Compatible! |OT|

cj_iwakura

More Avatars! Have an enjoy.

gla4.png
gla5.png
gla6.png
gla7.png

gla8.png
gla9.png
gla10.png
gla11.png

gla12.png
gla13.png
gla14.png

gla15.png
gla16.png

randomkid

What? Being a hentai artist has nothing to do with artwork. If someone think that way than it just shows how shallow he/she really is.

Hell Valkyria Chronicles has adult hentai artist as a character designer.

Well, call me shallow then because this is kinda depressing me. Sorta need to know a list of unexpected people who do this stuff, you can see it bleed through for this guy obviously and maybe like Kamitani but I sure hope most artists is an exaggeration, I don't want to google and find out.

Anyways, hope this game goes well for you, Growlanser people, it's basically a miracle you're getting a boxed copy and everything.

Aeana

Well, call me shallow then because this is kinda depressing me. Sorta need to know a list of unexpected people who do this stuff, you can see it bleed through for this guy obviously and maybe like Kamitani but I sure hope most artists is an exaggeration, I don't want to google and find out.

Anyways, hope this game goes well for you, Growlanser people, it's basically a miracle you're getting a boxed copy and everything.
I still think you should try it.

cj_iwakura

I dislike IGN as much as the next niche gamer, but let's face it, they're one of the biggest names for getting games noticed.

Expect PSP coverage from them? Not happening.

Colin Moriarty said:
We've opted not to cover those games. Greg and I can only do so much; we think our time is better spent on PS3 and Vita at this point.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/24/this-week-on-the-psn-072412

I think my time is better spent ignoring that cesspool.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I'm really excited for this game and hope Vita compatibility comes quickly. $30 is a lot more than I'd like to pay for a PSP game at this point, but I suppose I'll break the rule for this.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/...the-psn-072412

I think my time is better spent ignoring that cesspool.
There are plenty of reasons to dislike IGN, but I don't think calling them a cesspool because they're ignoring a really late, niche PSP game is completely fair. They're going to focus on games that are of interest to their audience, and unfortunately, Growlanser isn't among those games.

I'm sure this game will see some reviews.

Not by me though. I planned to at the beginning of the year but it seems like the site I write for has given up on posting content.

Oh well..my copy should be shipping soon so at least I won't have to rush through it.

I think ignoring an entire platform that still has many new game releases is a pretty vile offense.
Erm... many?

cj_iwakura

I'm really excited for this game and hope Vita compatibility comes quickly. $30 is a lot more than I'd like to pay for a PSP game at this point, but I suppose I'll break the rule for this.

There are plenty of reasons to dislike IGN, but I don't think calling them a cesspool because they're ignoring a really late, niche PSP game is completely fair. They're going to focus on games that are of interest to their audience, and unfortunately, Growlanser isn't among those games.

I think ignoring an entire platform that still has many new game releases is a pretty vile offense.

cj_iwakura

I'm sure this game will see some reviews.

Not by me though. I planned to at the beginning of the year but it seems like the site I write for has given up on posting content.

Oh well..my copy should be shipping soon so at least I won't have to rush through it.

Erm... many?

More than the Vita, that's for sure.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
gla14.png

I like this one, but considering I won't be playing this game anytime soon, is it even fair for me to use? haha.

boingball

Nice OT and good to see some PSP love. Amazon does not ship Atlus games outside of the US though and I am not buying full price digital games so I will wait for a price drop (also my backlog on the PSP is huge).

Stage On

Got this preordered with a $5 discount from Best Buy.ca can't wait since I loved Growlanser generations. I own Heritage of War but haven't gotten around to actually opening it yet

Anyone else going to wear their weapon ring to celibate?

cj_iwakura

Got this preordered with a $5 discount from Best Buy.ca can't wait since I loved Growlanser generations. I own Heritage of War but haven't gotten around to actually opening it yet

Anyone else going to wear their weapon ring to celibate?

Those things chafe like crazy if you wear them too long.

Do we know if anyone plan to put this on the European PSN store? I'd prefer to play it on my Vita without having to switch around memory cards.

Shouta

Yes, but how many with male pairings?

7, I believe. There are more female characters in this in general so it's a bit lopsided.

There is a new game plus in the game. Rings, Gems/Magic Stones, armor, and items are carried over, as I recall. That makes it easier to just barrel through the game on second playthroughs.

I'd like to know this as well. Have never played a Growlanser game before, but it looks like something I'd enjoy if it's ever released here.

Not really that expensive to import the physical us version(at least to the uk it generally ends up the same price as a new game here even with delivery). Unless you're vita'd up.

There is a new game plus in the game. Rings, Gems/Magic Stones, armor, and items are carried over, as I recall. That makes it easier to just barrel through the game on second playthroughs.

Nice! Now I won't have to worry so much about playing some "perfect game" where I save everyone and all the girls love me.

Hobbun

Have never played a Growlanser game before.

Hearing the combat is in real-time lessens my excitement for the game quite a bit, would have much preferred turn-based. The only real-time SRPG that has worked for me is Valkyria Chronicles, but this game is obviously much different than that.

However, still going to give the game a try.

bede-x

Not really that expensive to import the physical us version(at least to the uk it generally ends up the same price as a new game here even with delivery). Unless you're vita'd up.

I have a PSP, even though I've considered selling it, but I'd rather play this on the Vita. Having it easily accessible among my other games on the Vita will make it worth tolerating a more blurry picture. In this case, anyways.

I'll import if given no other choice.

My pre-order was sent out yesterday, so it probably will arrive in the next days or weeks (international order to Germany). Hopefully, it really is worth it, while I love Satoshi Urushiharas illustrations I kinda dislike the "prerendered sprites" look of the ingame graphics... then again, I got over it in TitS as well after a short period of adjusting my eyes :D

Aeana

Have never played a Growlanser game before.

Hearing the combat is in real-time lessens my excitement for the game quite a bit, would have much preferred turn-based. The only real-time SRPG that has worked for me is Valkyria Chronicles, but this game is obviously much different than that.

However, still going to give the game a try.
It's not fully real-time, since everything stops when you issue commands. But... Valkyria Chronicles isn't something I'd consider real-time either. Actually, not even remotely. Why do you call it real-time?

Jay Sosa

Growlanser IV has more than 40 possible endings depending on which routes you take and who you wind up with.

You may want to have multiple saves handy.

Who plays a freaking RPG that probably takes at least 40 hours to finish multiple times? And whats up with 40!!! endings (I know, most of them are probably almost the same, but still) . Isn't a bad, a good and a true ending more than enough? I'm just ranting cause I just finished Nocturne and got some lame ending after 100 hours of playing just cause I didn't do one thing at the right time..I hate that shit. I hope the 'right ' path is obvious and I don't have to look up FAQ just so I don't miss it..

Nice OP btw.

Aeana

There's not a lot of videos on YouTube that really show off the various stuff in the game.

Here is an off-screen video of the PS2 version that shows a bit of field exploration and then a battle.

Here is a battle in the PSP version.

Both are in Japanese.

scy

Oh god, the dilemma. Do I buy a boxed copy or just go right in digitally for playing it on the Vita (eventually...).

Urgh...

Aeana

Sorry to be a bit off-topic, but is Emerald Dragon really that good?
It's one of my favorite games. What it managed to accomplish when it was released (1989) is nothing short of amazing IMO. It has a neat story, great characters, interesting gameplay.

Top Bottom