• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 5 for $29 (Nuuvem) | Hola VPN | NO Region Lock for Activation

Compsiox

Banned
I made the mistake of clicking "Download Now". That's about it.

There were no prompts or check boxes, I'm not new to the internet. But it's the first time using cnet in about a decade.

I was able to get the correct file by clicking the "Direct Download Link".

You just had to press the huge green Download Now button.

These are the steps for Nuuvem, seeing that so many are having problems:

- Turn on Hola, choose brazil
- Add the game to cart, choose paypal as payment method
- Before clicking "Pay Now", disable Hola or don't, it doesn't matter.

Compsiox

Banned

Adding ur version to OP

Head.spawn

You just had to press the huge green Download Now button.

Maybe I'm not being clear. I did that, about 4 times in a row now. Each time it downloads an exe installer, which says that is for the VPN software, I launch that and it says it is going to install the VPN program, but instead installs something called "PC Cleaner". I've repeated that process about four times now, it didn't install the VPN software at all.

Either way, I was able to download the zip, by clicking the direct link.

Compsiox

Banned
Maybe I'm not being clear. I did that, about 4 times in a row now. Each time it downloads an exe installer, which says that is for the VPN software, I launch that and it says it is going to install the VPN program, but instead installs something called "PC Cleaner". I've repeated that process about four times now, it didn't install the VPN software at all.

Hmmm thats very weird. Especially if it's the real button.

Xyber

I have absolutely no idea how that could be happening. Pressing Download Now or the green image both starts the download of a zip-file for me.

And really, just use Hola. It's so much better/easier.

I've tried this exact series of steps. Every time I turn on Hola, it refreshes the page which logs me out of Nuuvem, and I get the 404 error. I can't seem to get this to work.

Xyber

Not really. You just install. Press setup adapter. Select Server. Go to nuuvem. Buy. Uninstall. Easy.

Install hola with 1 click, go to nuuvem and login, press the icon for hola and it selects a Brazilian server automatically, press it, done. Remove it with 2 clicks.

No need to download anything separate, don't have to setup an adapter, easier to uninstall.

And I say this as someone who really likes vpngate and have used it a lot in the past.

Kazdane

If you are getting a 404 on the login page in Nuuvem with Hola just switch to Chile instead (works just as fine), the Brazil VPNs seem to be down at the moment.

Compsiox

Banned
Install hola with 1 click, go to nuuvem and login, press the icon for hola and it selects a Brazilian server automatically, press it, done. Remove it with 2 clicks.

No need to download anything separate, don't have to setup an adapter, easier to uninstall.

And I say this as someone who really likes vpngate and have used it a lot in the past.

The thing is Hola doesn't work for some even after the steps.
excuse my lazyness... thanks a lot bro... it worked. I bought this game three times now....sigh.

When you're a pig mowing down officers you'll never sigh again.

Xyber

If you are getting 404 with Hola. Sign in with it disabled, don't click anywhere until you acivate Hola, proceed as normal and you won't be signed out.

The thing is Hola doesn't work for some even after the steps.

I reproduced the error people where getting and found a solution that worked all the time for me. And I did get the same problems with it signing me out when I enabled Hola from the front page instead of my profile.

Damerman

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this, but does anyone know if i redeemed my online character from PS3 to PS4, if I'll be able to do it again for PC?

When you're a pig mowing down officers you'll never sigh again.

my gluttony has me feeling like a pig already.

Damerman

It should be able to, since it's tied to the Social Club, right?
I'm not 100% sure

thats what i was thinking... but then whats to keep me from going back and forth from PC to PS4?

going from PS3 to PS4 seemed kind of definitive...like i would not be able to go back to PS3.

thats what i was thinking... but then whats to keep me from going back and forth from PC to PS4?

going from PS3 to PS4 seemed kind of definitive...like i would not be able to go back to PS3.
Once you transfer it over to the PC, any progress that you make on the PC won't be transferred to your PS4. So let's say you're level 100 and transfer it over to the PC. Then on the PC you level up to 110. When you go back to your character on the PS4, it'll be 100.

That's what I read couple of months ago but I'm not sure. It might just be definitive like the transfer from the old gen to new.

Damerman

Once you transfer it over to the PC, any progress that you make on the PC won't be transferred to your PS4. So let's say you're level 100 and transfer it over to the PC. Then on the PC you level up to 110. When you go back to your character on the PS4, it'll be 100.

That's what I read couple of months ago but I'm not sure. It might just definitive like the transfer from the old gen to new.

hmmm... well thanks for the answer. If true, this is pretty important info that should be in the PC OT. I'm gonna have to weigh which community I will participate in.

Honest question to you PC mod guys out there

These games which are downloadable now on PC but don't activate until a set time, so in this case a week away, how does this never get cracked by anyone?

Is there usually a small patch on day 1 to unlock it something?

I'm surprised the cracker guys out there don't figure this stuff out straight away really if it's just a time stamp somewhere

These games which are downloadable now on PC but don't activate until a set time, so in this case a week away, how does this never get cracked by anyone?

I'm surprised the cracker guys out there don't figure this stuff out straight away really if it's just a time stamp somewhere

Missing files which are only downloaded at the point of game unlocking.

LilJoka

Encrypted EXE plus some online activation/authentication.
Usually they only get cracked if it the real EXE leaks.

Nzyme32

So has the region lock (if any) actually been clarified? I was under the impression that the game has some weird ass DRM to it along with Social Club - so it could be entirely possible that the game will activate and download but then not run when the DRM goes for authentication

Compsiox

Banned
Ah!! That explains it then :) thanks for the reply

Steve-customer-service.jpg

Compsiox

Banned
So has the region lock (if any) actually been clarified? I was under the impression that the game has some weird ass DRM to it along with Social Club - so it could be entirely possible that the game will activate and download but then not run when the DRM goes for authentication

Rockstar was never confirmed to be working with the company that did the other game that utilized that new DRM.
http://www.incgamers.com/2014/11/grand-theft-auto-v-will-not-use-denuvo-drm-says-company-co-owner

Nzyme32

I think they can get cracked but week isn't long enough for whatever kind they use. Not sure how social club does it, but they are usually encrypted so it is very difficult to do break it. On launch day, they decrypt / unpack it so it is ready to use.

Difference here is that Rockstar are using some DRM that isn't really clear, so there is also the likelihood of having to authenticate before playing each time. Not sure how that will function, but that would surely add to the time take to do any kind of crack I guess

Nzyme32

Rockstar was never confirmed to be working with the company that did the other game that utilized that new DRM.
http://www.incgamers.com/2014/11/grand-theft-auto-v-will-not-use-denuvo-drm-says-company-co-owner

I know that - but they blatantly state in the requirements that there is something and you are required to authenticate periodically:

Other requirements: Installation and online play requires log-in to Rockstar Games Social Club (13+) network; internet connection required for activation, online play, and periodic entitlement verification; software installations required including Rockstar Games Social Club platform, DirectX , Chromium, and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 sp1 Redistributable Package, and authentication software that recognizes certain hardware attributes for entitlement, digital rights management, system, and other support purposes. SINGLE USE SERIAL CODE REGISTRATION VIA INTERNET REQUIRED; REGISTRATION IS LIMITED TO ONE ROCKSTAR GAMES SOCIAL CLUB ACCOUNT (13+) PER SERIAL CODE; ONLY ONE PC LOG-IN ALLOWED PER SOCIAL CLUB ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME; SERIAL CODE(S) ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE ONCE USED; SOCIAL CLUB ACCOUNTS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE

This isn't the same as other Rockstar Social Club games, some of which state the particular software they will use such as Max Payne 3 -

software installation required including GameShield IronWrap

Compsiox

Banned
I know that - but they blatantly state in the requirements that there is something and you are required to authenticate periodically:

This isn't the same as other Rockstar Social Club games, some of which state the particular software they will use such as Max Payne 3 -

Ill sell my rockstar account then. Problem solved. xD

Top Bottom