• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Knight up for Pre-Order on Nuuvem (Steam Key, $28) no region lock

dex3108

I think that refunds are not possible after you get key on any DD store. I would jump right away but I am scared of region lock. I think that Nuuvem still doesn't know will keys will be locked.

Tizoc

No word on special edition or season pass? I'd like to get this but may wanna wait for one that comes with a Season Pass >_>;

roytheone

Thanks for the heads up Salsa! I will do the same thing with this game as with other recent AAA PC games: buy the main game cheap using nuuvem, and if the game turns out to be good, I buy the dlc/ season pass for full price. That way, I won't accidentally fully support bad games, but I still can reward a game for being good.

Salsa

Oh dude, this got pushed to JUNE?!?

Man...

and that's a good thing

W3sod.gif

RyudBoy

I think I remember something about Harlequin being included as pre-order DLC. Any word if that's included with this? Not that it really matters... $28.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Social Club, but checking out the game via VPN and PayPal doesn't seem to be working for people.

Nuuvem now checks the billing info of your PayPal account to determine purchase eligibility of purchase-restricted titles. It's also grown wise to the use of VPNs as:

1) If log in before using FlyVPN and then attempt to add something to my cart, I'm instantly told that the purchase "may not be completed", and
2) If I attempt to log in after connecting to FlyVPN, the login page instead loads a fake 404 error (which I confirmed by, in the space of about a minute: refreshing the page while on my usual IP, refreshing it again while connected to one of FlyVPN's servers in Brazil, and then immediately refreshing it after I had disconnected)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Yeah this still doesn't sit right with me. It's potentially assholey to Brazilians and it's assholey to all stores that aren't Brazilian. Because we feel entitled to a deep discount before the game's even out. And then we complain about DLC, microtransactions and publishers being greedy and whatnot. There might be alleviating circumstances for some, but that's not me. I feel I should pay what's fair, AKA around what a new PC game usually costs, not the least amount possible. Assuming the game's not some manner of shit, in which case I won't pay anything at all. Which is another thing. Pre-ordering is generally dumb.
I'm as stingy about pre-ordering as the next but a game and series I have investment in is something I will hop on regardless of how someone else's moral compass is.

can`t create an account ... it`s at "Validado" next to my email and username the whole time... any advice?

edit: changed my username and now it worked :)

e2: bought :D thanks for this thread !! :) lets hope everything works out. Never bought keys from them .

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Thanks for the heads up, preordered!
(although I should've waited due to potential season pass or whatever D: )

Nuuvem now checks the billing info of your PayPal account to determine purchase eligibility of purchase-restricted titles. It's also grown wise to the use of VPNs as:

1) If log in before using FlyVPN and then attempt to add something to my cart, I'm instantly told that the purchase "may not be completed", and
2) If I attempt to log in after connecting to FlyVPN, the login page instead loads a fake 404 error (which I confirmed by, in the space of about a minute: refreshing the page while on my usual IP, refreshing it again while connected to one of FlyVPN's servers in Brazil, and then immediately refreshing it after I had disconnected)
That explains the issue I was having the other day and didn't have when preordering this.
It's time for you to remote connect to a brazilian PC :p

ktroopa

Great price, ordered! Thanks OP. Do they email the steam key on release or do you need to login and get it from Nuuvem?

funo

How do I circumvent that fake 404 page?
I never had any problems ordering anything on Nuuvem but now it doesn't work anymore and it gives me the aforementioned fake 404 page. (Using Hola)

JaseC

So I won't get the key until June? I pray this doesn't get region locked.

Nuuvem, like GMG, doesn't list games until the particulars have been confirmed, but should WB change its mind, international users will be given ROW keys. The situation people fear has already happened -- Deep Silver, when releasing Saints Row 4, changed its mind at the eleventh hour and supplied Nuuvem with activation-restricted BR keys, but Nuuvem sourced ROW keys for those affected as the game had been sold with the understanding that it would be region-free.

So if the game is region free on Nuuvem would it also be the same from Russia? ordered it ages ago from G2A but they had it marked as locked but now I'm not so sure

JaseC

So if the game is region free on Nuuvem would it also be the same from Russia? ordered it ages ago from G2A but they had it marked as locked but now I'm not so sure

Russian keys are generally heavily region-locked and it's still too early too say whether or not WB will join that club with Knight. That said, G2A isn't actually officially affiliated with any developers/publisher, so I'd recommend avoiding it as if the publisher revokes your key, you're entirely at the mercy of G2A "support" -- Valve won't help you since it's not responsible for payment issues outside of Steam and the publisher won't help you since you bought your key from a seller with which it has no affiliation.

Play it safe and cancel your G2A pre-order in favour of this Nuuvem deal.

Thanks for the reply, I think I will just buy one from Nuuvem and see if I can refund the other one (probably not as it sounds like G2A are a little bit shady)

JaseC

Thanks for the reply, I think I will just buy one from Nuuvem and see if I can refund the other one (probably not as it sounds like G2A are a little bit shady)

Yeah, I just edited in that advice, haha. Being a pre-order you shouldn't have any issues, despite the nature of the business -- you haven't been provided with your product, after all.

I have cancelled a preorder of a key from G2A before....it was for watch dogs. Didnt have any problems at all

Lagamorph

Not working for me. It's asking me for a CPF number (Brazilian tax registration number) and a Brazilian CEP (Post/Zip Code) before letting me complete the purchase.

Not using Hola or anything.

Guri

I'm from Brazil and I sent them an e-mail asking if it was region-locked. They said they can't guarantee it will work in other regions. So my question to you guys is... How do you know that it's not locked?

MUnited83

For you.
I'm from Brazil and I sent them an e-mail asking if it was region-locked. They said they can't guarantee it will work in other regions. So my question to you guys is... How do you know that it's not locked?

First thing:
There's no regist of a locked key existing just yet on the steamdatabase.

Second thing:
This purchase is officially opened to international purchases(otherwise it wouldn't even let you pay). So even if a region lock happens they will either : a) refund you b)They will get you region free keys. The b) case happened with Saints Row IV.

Guri

First thing:
There's no regist of a locked key existing just yet on the steamdatabase.

Second thing:
This purchase is officially opened to international purchases(otherwise it wouldn't even let you pay). So even if a region lock happens they will either : a) refund you b)They will get you region free keys. The b) case happened with Saints Row IV.

Yeah, but any game purchased on Steam in South America or CIS regions was locked to those, starting from last December. Saint's Row IV was before that. Sure, you are not buying it from Steam, but it only activates there and you are buying from a Brazilian store. It's different from, say, Humble Bundle, since all keys come from the US, which is not a locked region on Steam.

Do you know any other game that uses Steamworks that any of you pre-ordered since last December and it worked? Maybe Gat Out of Hell?

Corpekata

Banned
I preordered Dungeons 2, which came out 2 days ago, key worked fine. Pillars of Eternity a bit before that. 9/10 times Nuuvem aren't selling Brazillian keys, but ROW ones.

MUnited83

For you.
Yeah, but any game purchased on Steam in South America or CIS regions was locked to those, starting from last December. Saint's Row IV was before that. Sure, you are not buying it from Steam, but it only activates there and you are buying from a Brazilian store. It's different from, say, Humble Bundle, since all keys come from the US, which is not a locked region on Steam.

Do you know any other game that uses Steamworks that any of you pre-ordered since last December and it worked? Maybe Gat Out of Hell?

That region lock only relates to games directly bought on the Steam Store. It has nothing to do with Steam keys sold by other sites and the region lock will depend on each game and publisher.

Guri

I preordered Dungeons 2, which came out 2 days ago, key worked fine. Pillars of Eternity a bit before that. 9/10 times Nuuvem aren't selling Brazillian keys, but ROW ones.

That region lock only relates to games directly bought on the Steam Store. It has nothing to do with Steam keys sold by other sites and the region lock will depend on each game and publisher.

OK, good to know.

Top Bottom