• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 5 for $29 (Nuuvem) | Hola VPN | NO Region Lock for Activation

Abdozer

Really sorry if this has been posted a million times here guys, but if I buy this, will I be able to play with my friends who have the Steam version?

dex3108

Thanks, how do the keys work btw? Are they account-tied or do they get sent via email? I'm going to buy 1 for myself and one for a friend.

On Nuuvem you can only buy game once, you will need second account for another key. You will get key in your Library on Nuuvem and you need to activate that key here. After that you will get download link for Social Club Client and you can download your game. So yes i think your key will be tied to your Social Club Account.

harrytang

this still works if you looking to bite the bullet at the last minute. that running man video did it for me.

used hola and Argentina after numerous 404's with Brazil. turned it off before i hit Pay Now on paypal.

After GTA V launches can somebody with Nuuvem key confirm that there is no region locks? :D

I can confirm there is no region lock. I bought from Nuuvem. I'm playing in English. I live in Canada. FTW!!!! it's looks AMAZING on my GTX 980 with Nvidia 3DVision. See you in 10 hours neogaf.

wbEMX

I can confirm there is no region lock. I bought from Nuuvem. I'm playing in English. I live in Canada. FTW!!!! it's looks AMAZING on my GTX 980 with Nvidia 3DVision. See you in 10 hours neogaf.

And with that, I finally bit the bullet after getting the PS3 Special Edition on release. Thanks! :D

Ploid 3.0

Nearly tried to do this but forgot my old paypal account and realized I'd only be getting it because it's dirt cheap. Will wait on the real price cuts. I await seeing how it runs on everyone's PC.

Ensirius

I got the game no issues.
Now it is stuck on loading...
EDIT: and reloading GTA V did not fix the issue.
EDIT2: Solved it, it was an error with my username.

Gruso

Thanks, GAF! Bought and successfully activated in Australia. I'm usually happy to roll with Steam, but $40 vs $100 for a double dip... yeah.

Argentina worked best for me.

dex3108

Worked perfectly here in the UK, thanks a bunch OP!!!

Now if only this 60GB download would go faster.

You need to Pause/Resume every few GB because speed goes down. I started download 12+ hours ago and instead of playing game buy now i am at 34GB .

Embearded

Does anyone know if they are going to restock? I remember that MGS:GZ keys were gone out of stock when i bought it, but they kept selling it with a notification that we will receive our keys when they restock.

Tovarisc

Still no update :(
Tried to get the game through chinese GMG but site got borked, so figured i'd just wait for nuveem to get new keys. Hope they don't up the price.

This was 3h ago :(

Mesy89: Olá uma pergunta, quando você terá disponível GTA V?

Nuuvem: Esperamos que em breve :)

Rough translation is that he asks when GTAV will be back in stock and Nuuvem responds with "Hopefully soon".

Edit: I also checked out GMG CN. Price would be nice if you were allowed to use 20% off voucher on it, but nope :(

Tovarisc

Quote from email response I got;

Hi

Unfortunately, due to the great demand, we have run out of keys for GTA V. =(

But don't worry! We have already requested a new batch of keys to Rockstar and we expect that GTA V will come back available again along this week.

So they are restocking directly through Rockstar apparently and seems that it's R* with slow return time, having hard time keeping up with amount of keys requested?

edit: Confirmed also by their twitter, they are hoping for restock during this week

ngt

Quote from email response I got;

So they are restocking directly through Rockstar apparently and seems that it's R* with slow return time, having hard time keeping up with amount of keys requested?

edit: Confirmed also by their twitter, they are hoping for restock during this week

This kind of delay is unusual, hopefully their new batch won't be region locked. And yes, Rockstar is super slow, been waiting over 30h to get any response to my ticket.

On a side note, I wonder how many keys they sold. According to SteamSpy over 1 milion copies were sold on Steam and it's not even a steamworks game.

Tovarisc

This kind of delay is unusual, hopefully their new batch won't be region locked. And yes, Rockstar is super slow, been waiting over 30h to get any response to my ticket.

Every store I have checked, no matter of region/country, has sold copies with full scale of supported languages. Makes me think that none of the keys are region locked when it comes to available languages.

I'm still waiting to get it. Hopefully it'll be this week as there's no other cheap alternatives.

Looks like the next cheapest option was the GMG deal, but I'm not sure if it's still running.

Should've bought two copies while I had the chance, in the mean time I'm uploading all the files so my friend can download them in advance.

Tovarisc

Looks like the next cheapest option was the GMG deal, but I'm not sure if it's still running.

Not sure I would call 50€ a deal when local retailer sells copies at that price.

I took look at Nuuvems twitter and few days ago they responded to several tweets asking about GTAV restock with "We have no idea at this point". Basically not looking good for Nuuvem GTAV :/

Top Bottom