• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 5 for $29 (Nuuvem) | Hola VPN | NO Region Lock for Activation

Tainted

Progress, indeed:

UQRt10U.png

And now, the wait...

Bad memories of that goddammed Yoga mission :/

Hopey

My download speed is all over the place with Rockstar's downloader. I need to keep pausing and unpausing this shit.

Same here, it also began redownloading it multiple times. I ended up reinstalling the launcher, after taking about 15 hours to download, it completed.

Eventually got this shit downloaded.

Care to sure? Because sharing is caring? lol

Hey sorry, missed this post. It doesn't work anymore, since the pausing/unpausing thing doesn't seem to make a difference now.
However, I downloaded jitbit and set up a simple macro that clicked on the button, waited a couple of seconds, clicked again, and repeated every 10 mins.

Steam didn't use RSC for the preload at all, right? What if those using RSC are already verified and ready to play day one the second it unlocks?

Xyber

Steam didn't use RSC for the preload at all, right? What if those using RSC are already verified and ready to play day one the second it unlocks?

The Rockstare Warehouse version might install much faster than the Steam version, but we don't know how long it takes to unpack those files. Steam version will most likely take at least 30 minutes to unpack going from past experiences with pre-loads on Steam.

If RSC were distributing unencrypted files, people would have already cracked it.
Guess I didn't think about that. Oops.
The Rockstare Warehouse version might install much faster than the Steam version, but we don't know how long it takes to unpack those files. Steam version will most likely take at least 30 minutes to unpack going from past experiences with pre-loads on Steam.
I remember The Evil Within took for freaking ever to unpack on Steam.

Ultimadrago

Great deal, but paid for the Steam version because Steam. I got it originally on a deal anyways and the game is great, so I don't mind paying more out of pocket this time.

Give it to me, Rockstar Games!

Compsiox

Banned
Great deal, but paid for the Steam version because Steam. I got it originally on a deal anyways and the game is great, so I don't mind paying more out of pocket this time.

Give it to me, Rockstar Games!

I'll just add it to steam so my friends know I own it. The only benefit to buying it on steam.

Xyber

I'll just add it to steam so my friends know I own it. The only benefit to buying it on steam.

From what I have seen the past few days, download speeds are a very big reason to go with Steam if you don't mind the higher price. The Rockstar downloader has been far from great for a lot of people.

Not to mention the weird bug that messes up the download and you might lose 20GB for no reason that has happened to plenty of people here.

So it all comes down to if you want to pay for the convenience of having your games in one place if you prefer that and a better download service, but will most likely take way longer to install.

laxu

From what I have seen the past few days, download speeds are a very big reason to go with Steam if you don't mind the higher price. The Rockstar downloader has been far from great for a lot of people.

Not to mention the weird bug that messes up the download and you might lose 20GB for no reason that has happened to plenty of people here.

So it all comes down to if you want to pay for the convenience of having your games in one place if you prefer that and a better download service, but will most likely take way longer to install.

It might also have a small effect on how quick any patches arrive. I'd imagine they'd be on RSC first.

Hopey

I lost it 3 times in a row and ended up just reinstalling the launcher and re downloading the data in one sitting, which was like 20 hours... It's done now though .

roytheone

Thank god my download is finally complete, it took like 10 hours to download. Now the only thing I can do is to wait and see how RSC holds up during launch. My prediction:

fire_community.gif

I cannot get this to work. I keep getting a 404 error with Hola.

With the other software, it doesn't even load up.

Edit: Got it. It took forever to load with the VPN program. Now I think I'm waiting on a key?

Shawsie64

Banned
I'm hoping for a key soon, really want to preload the game. If there was a way to cancel I would just go with Steam GMG deal.. Trying to save some coin though, wife cracking down on game expenditure =/

Bit the bullet and bought it from nuuvem, couldn't pass up the savings. Should take me about 5-6 hours to download with my connection so I hope I get a key early tomorrow!

SlickVic

That Arkham Knight price on the VIP offers, holy shit.

What's crazy is last year they still had the MSRP for Arkham Knight at $50, so one of the discount coupons brought the game down to ~$35. Never pre-ordered a game a year in advance (though to be fair, I don't think it had been delayed all the way to June 2015 at the time), but I didn't think that deal would be beat anytime soon.

Top Bottom