• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guardian source: "“They now have specific concrete... evidence of collusion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor1.gif

FyreWulff

Not necessarily. No one ever proved a link to Nixon planning watergate. Many think he didn't actually know anything about it, until after they were arrests.

It's what he did after finding out about it that really got him nailed.

yep

nixon wasn't depresidented over the robbery, he was depresidented over what he did to try and cover it up

Ford wouldn't even say his name during his entire term as President. He just called Nixon "the previous president" or "my predecessor"

This feels like nonsense. Page is one of the worst, most uncomfortable, liars I have ever seen. He wouldn't make it two minutes into a conversation with a wire.

His behavior also doesn't suggest someone who is working with the authorities. Those people gennerally don't constantly go on cable news to stan for Russia.

This just sounds like more twitter fanfic.

Orbis

Yeah, the stakes are incredibly high. They neef it to be bulletproof.
That can't be stated enough. I see people frustrated and saying 'just more hot air, nothing will come of it', and that's understandable but this shit takes both serious time and an immense amount of scrutiny to ensure a successful case can be assembled.

In the end, sure, nothing may happen. But what would be worse, would be a weak attempt at taking Trump down which he survives, and that would only strengthen him.

To me it seems very likely that Donald's business relationships with Russian oligarchs played a big part in his decision to run and shaped his campaign... I bet those oligarchs were urging him to jump in the race and telling him that he would have their support. And of course they have deep ties to the Russian state, so yeah

theWB27

This feels like nonsense. Page is one of the worst, most uncomfortable, liars I have ever seen. He wouldn't make it two minutes into a conversation with a wire.

His behavior also doesn't suggest someone who is working with the authorities. Those people gennerally don't constantly go on cable news to stan for Russia.

This just sounds like more twitter fanfic.

Why would he have to lie while doing business he's accustomed to doing?

KingV

yep

nixon wasn't depresidented over the robbery, he was depresidented over what he did to try and cover it up

Ford wouldn't even say his name during his entire term as President. He just called Nixon "the previous president" or "my predecessor"

It's actually kind of shocking how mundane Watergate was compared to this. IMO, we've done passed the amount of controversy and bad behavior already.

Edit: also pretty surprised that Reagan survived the Iran contra scandal

I can't even accept the possibility that this is true. If this is true the FBI not only allowed a person as compromised as Trump get to the point where's he's the President of the United States, appointing life long SC justices, signing legislation and making decisions costing people's lives but actually helped him win the election with their treatment of the Clinton email server investigation. It would be the most irresponsible action of any government agency in the history of this country, there's just no way that's possible.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I can't even accept the possibility that this is true. If this is true the FBI not only allowed a person as compromised as Trump get to the point where's he's the President of the United States, appointing life long SC justices, signing legislation and making decisions costing people's lives but actually helped him win the election with their treatment of the Clinton email server investigation. It would be the most irresponsible action of any government agency in the history of this country, there's just no way that's possible.

Well at Least three quarters of that indisputably happened.

FyreWulff

It's actually kind of shocking how mundane Watergate was compared to this. IMO, we've done passed the amount of controversy and bad behavior already.

Edit: also pretty surprised that Reagan survived the Iran contra scandal

Reagan survived because he basically went "you wouldn't punch an old guy, right?"

Well at Least three quarters of that indisputably happened.

It's possible that they didn't believe that Clinton could lose, even with their interference, but the other awful possibility is that FBI leadership didn't care if Trump won because they knew the presidency would remain with the Republican party if Trump's administration folds. This would be fuckery on an unprecedented level.

Why would he have to lie while doing business he's accustomed to doing?

Do you think Carter fucking Page could play cool talking to Russian agents or high level members of the Trump campaign while wearing a wire? Also, if Page did wear a wire for the FBI, that information would be incredibly closely guarded.

It would not only threaten Page's safety for it to get out, but also would hurt the FBI's ability to convince anyone else that they would be safe wearing a wire. It doesn't seem particularly likely that the Counter Intelligence wing of the FBI would harm itself like that. It does seem quite likely that some Tom Clancy wannabe on twitter would speculate the whole thing out of thin air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom