• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guardian source: "“They now have specific concrete... evidence of collusion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mask

Hopefully they build the case up nice and tight before springing it on them, because it's pretty much an understatement to say that this is probably the most important case they've had for a long long time, if ever, and there's a hell of a lot resting on them having a rock-solid case.

I can wait for the pay-off, I just hope they take their time and get it perfect while hopefully the fear starts to really grab hold of old Chester Cheeto and the rest of his goonsquad, and they have sleepless nights in the meantime, knowing what's coming.

PQlSjaT.jpg

And whenever I hear someone say "8 years," I can only say "oh you sweet summer child..."

giphy.gif

Worst approval rating of any POTUS at this point in their term. I seriously doubt he gets re-elected if he even makes it through his first term.

You assume Trump and the GOP won't deliberately do everything they can to rig the system and ensure the will of the people is a non-issue.

KingV

I don't believe the evidence for Russia being behind the hacking is as strong as you think it is

A few examples - I saw a Medicare for all bill be introduced by Conyers that hardly anyone talks about. I saw a town hall by Nancy Pelosi where she doesn't give straight answers about universal coverage. I saw a bipartisan marijuana bill that isn't getting much coverage. The discussion of the fact that we're still in Iraq and Afghanistan after 16 years is low. The only reason we've even been talking about Afghanistan recently is because we dropped a huge ass bomb on it.

I guess you didn't watch the Senate Intelligence hearing where Senator Warner outright stated that Guccifer 2.0 was a Russian intelligence alias? Are you in a position to know better than he is?

Nunes, is that you?

Nafai1123

Banned
Anything that covers this admin in a shroud of doubt and corruption helps Dems. Did the Benghazi witch hunt hurt Republicans? Nope. Did pizzagate, a clearly bullshit conspiracy theory hurt Republicans? Nope. So I fail to see how ONE media personality covering this issue extensively is a bad thing. Maddow is the only one actively covering this every week, keeping it in the minds of the public. There is more evidence regarding Trump/Russia than either Benghazi or pizzagate already, so why are we supposed to be afraid that it's going to hurt Democrats?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I'm not sure how electing a president who refused to share his taxes for completely bogus reasons, readily equates minorities with rapists, terrorists and worse, was caught on tape bragging about sexually assaulting women, and casually suggested Russian hackers and "2nd Amendment People" should go after his opponent, isn't something to be worried about either; but we seemed to clear that hurdle just fine.

Trump has happily run every principle and ideal that this country was founded on through the muck. What makes treason so special? What harder evidence do you need?
I didn't say you shouldn't be worried about those things. I said you should hammer him on that because those have more validity.
You are actually giving more credence to the idea that this is all just a big coincidence or a frame up? I'm sure you'll stick around after it all goes down to discuss how wrong or right you were huh?
I'm giving more credence to the idea that we don't have enough information yet to definitely declare either.

Don't worry, if y'all are right about this, but were wrong about the election, and if I turn out to be wrong on this, but right on the election, then we can call it a draw and I'll buy you a beer :)

Chumley

Banned
Anything that covers this admin in a shroud of doubt and corruption helps Dems. Did the Benghazi witch hunt hurt Republicans? Nope. Did pizzagate, a clearly bullshit conspiracy theory hurt Republicans? Nope. So I fail to see how ONE media personality covering this issue extensively is a bad thing. Maddow is the only one actively covering this every week, keeping it in the minds of the public. There is more evidence regarding Trump/Russia than either Benghazi or pizzagate already, so why are we supposed to be afraid that it's going to hurt Democrats?

Because this fucking joke of a person pushing this nonsense worships at the altar of Roger Stone, doesn't know anything, but is trying to obfuscate with bad concern trolling.

De-escalation of tensions. The horror! Are you in favor of escalating a proxy war with Russia?

Lol they've been hacking the US for years, annexing Crimea and stirring up shit in Europe and we should try and be chummy with a hostile government that's essentially a crime syndicate?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
It isn't even disputable anymore, unless you're Alex Jones or Julian Assange. The entire intel committee said they were behind it.

Keep digging that hole you're making for yourself.

I guess you didn't watch the Senate Intelligence hearing where Senator Warner outright stated that Guccifer 2.0 was a Russian intelligence alias? Are you in a position to know better than he is?

Nunes, is that you?
I remain skeptical of taking those claims at face value. This is the same intelligence community that tortured, lied about it, spies on all of us, erodes our civil rights, and is part of the military industrial complex. I would prefer a little more independent verification.

Yes. The Russian government is vile and the country should be fucking bankrupted.
Via proxy war? That hasn't really worked out too well the last fifty times we've tried it.

Lol they've been hacking the US for years, annexing Crimea and stirring up shit in Europe and we should try and be chummy with a hostile government that's essentially a crime syndicate?
Not encouraging a proxy war is chummy?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
That's not really what a proxy war is for though. The existing sanctions are doing plenty of damage.

Right. See, if Trump removes the sanctions that were put in place that tanked the Exxon deal, then that's pretty shady. Because Tillerson and stuff.

Because this fucking joke of a person pushing this nonsense worships at the altar of Roger Stone, doesn't know anything, but is trying to obfuscate with bad concern trolling.

Fucking joke of a person? Sheesh, tell me how you really feel :/

MUnited83

For you.
De-escalation of tensions. The horror! Are you in favor of escalating a proxy war with Russia?
The only thing you can accomplish by "de-escalation of tensions" is fucking Russia making everyone fucking else their bitch and continue on with their imperialistic agendam there is no reasoning with the current Russian government.

I remain skeptical of taking those claims at face value. This is the same intelligence community that tortured, lied about it, spies on all of us, erodes our civil rights, and is part of the military industrial complex. I would prefer a little more independent verification.

What "claims"? It was independently asserted that Russia hacked the DNC.

They set up a server IN Russia just days before they dumped the DNC emails FFS.

That oh so evil intelligence community still puts their lives on the line defending your country beyond anything else they may have done. Assange has not, and will not. How many civil rights did they violate leaking personal emails and voicemails of DNC staff? No one talks about that do they?

And since the IC is oh so busy eroding your rights why it took so long that even start an investigation? hint: because they couldn't look at intercepts involving US citizens until they got warrants. UK told them in 2015.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

One of the weaknesses in the 2016 campaign was the the Democrats didn't give people enough to vote for. "We're not him" isn't good enough. If the media cycle and Democratic talking points are filled with too much Russia, and not enough popular policy positions, that continues the same strategy that didn't work the last time.

KingV

I would look at the Wikipedia article on guccifer 2.0 and read the links. Guccifer 2.0 clearly speaks Russian and clearly seems to have nostalgic affection for the Soviet Union.

The very first Version of the podests document had Russian error messages. All of this was proven independent of the government

Worst approval rating of any POTUS at this point in their term. I seriously doubt he gets re-elected if he even makes it through his first term.

As our past election has shown us, never underestimate a Democrats unique ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Since Trump likened the CIA and FBI's investigation to Nazi oppression, it stands to reason that he is absolutely against any form of egregious torture. He said as much campaigning.

One of the weaknesses in the 2016 campaign was the the Democrats didn't give people enough to vote for. "We're not him" isn't good enough. If the media cycle and Democratic talking points are filled with too much Russia, and not enough popular policy positions, that continues the same strategy that didn't work the last time.

Polling showed more Trump voters were voting primarily "against" Clinton than Clinton voters were voting "against" Trump. Rs are better at widespread hatred, I guess. But all polling is wrong now, so ignore it.

Amir0x

Banned
Dems are apparently the only ones who need to run on principles. Fuck that shit, Hillary had a trillion point plan and wrote like ninety three times the amount of words and speeches on policy than Trump ever did, but all anyone looks at is the negative ad campaign and her e-mails.

Nah, I'm not giving Republicans anything. Honestly, I don't even give a shit if ten years from now it turns out Russia was a big nothing. I want to tar him with it, every second of every moment until it drives him utterly bonkers. I want to pour molten fake news on his head every morning he wakes up, so that it becomes a scathing deluge that it is so impossible to escape he has nightmares that leave his bed soaked in sweat. I want every hypocritical little bullshit tactic and lie he pulled and I want to turn the arsenal against him, wither him until he hopefully dies of a fucking brain aneurysm over how much stress it is causing his narcissistic mind.

Failing that, however, I'll gladly utilize every tactic in the book no matter how dark or politically murky in order to destroy him. We played go high when they go low, that record scratched and broke.

Every single conceivable policy initiative we have is better than the Republicans have, and if you're a voter who is too dumb to learn it by browsing basic facts than you'll learn by the devastating pain this administration causes them. We had three fucking debates where Hillary dismantled Trump on policy to such a scale it was essentially a brutalization, and a man who actively admitted to sexual assault while essentially breathing heavily like a crazed baboon as he stalked behind Hillary. And these abominable morons still voted for him.

So, yeah, you know. Principles. We run on that shit. But the strategy is scorched Earth. Ruin his life.

Nafai1123

Banned

I just don't see how one media personality on one show one hour a day is filling up the media cycle too much with the talking point.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Dems are apparently the only ones who need to run on principles.

Republicans are running on their principles too. They're just horrible ones.

It's policy though. They're not emphasized enough.

I just don't see how one media personality on one show one hour a day is filling up the media cycle too much with the talking point.

It's not just her. That was one example. She does it a lot though. There's already a precedent where overhyping backfires.

And posts like these that ignore what happened so their hindsight is just 20/20 enough

What? Clinton running a complete shitshow of a campaign? No, I remember that well. I also remember Democrats convincing themselves that there was simply no way Trump could win because of a laundry list of horrendous things he's said and done. And yet, here we are. Regardless of whether Trump is still in office in 2020, we're still years away from that election and yet Democrats are already seemingly confident once again that there's no way Trump can possibly win that year. Presidential elections are 50/50 situation. It's either going to the Democratic nominee or the Republican nominee. So, it does Democrats no good to be so over confident about their chances of victory. Especially when the consequences are so dire, as we're once again seeing now.

Amir0x

Banned
Republicans are running on their principles too. They're just horrible ones.

It's policy though. They're not emphasized enough.

Maybe, maybe not. We'll see what strategy Dems go with this time to see the truth of whether we should have gone darker or try for "elevated policy" campaign. If at the end of four years he manages to win again, I think it's safe to say we're in a new America and it's time to use any fucked up tactic necessary to win power again.

theWB27

What? Clinton running a complete shitshow of a campaign? No, I remember that well. I also remember Democrats convincing themselves that there was simply no way Trump could win because of a laundry list of horrendous things he's said and done. And yet, here we are. Regardless of whether Trump is still in office in 2020, we're still years away from that election and yet Democrats are already seemingly confident once again that there's no way Trump can possibly win that year. Presidential elections are 50/50 situation. It's either going to the Democratic nominee or the Republican nominee. So, it does Democrats no good to be so over confident about their chances of victory. Especially when the consequences are so dire, as we're once again seeing now.

Education and telling the truth about job availability is a shitshow of a campaign? The hell?

I won't argue anything else you wrote. I already know every other bs angle you're going to come from.

Ah yes, the solid Republican principle of "Our opponent must be incarcerated because of the same insecure data management that we use." If that's a principle, then so is "Don't collude with hostile powers to steal an opponent's private correspondence."

Please view this tweet list
http://tweetstorm.io/user/peterdaou#

It summarizes and deflates this persistent idea that Hillary was the architect of her own defeat.

KingV

Education and telling the truth about job availability is a shitshow of a campaign? The hell?

I won't argue anything else you wrote. I already know every other bs angle you're going to come from.

She lost to trump and didn't visit Wisconsin once. Shitshow confirmed.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I didn't say you shouldn't be worried about those things. I said you should hammer him on that because those have more validity.
Why do they have more validity? Why should treason be off the table in comparison? What makes it so sacrosanct?

We've obviously hammered Trump on all of these issues and it's in no small part that he has all these issues to be hammered on that question of treason arises naturally. These issues in total rise from a core of fundamental indecency towards his fellow countrymen and casual disdain for the principles the country was founded upon. He is a self-centered narcissist with few scruples about pursuing any opportunity whether it comes at the expense of his country or not. Even if there wasn't a shit-ton of mounting evidence based on his cozy and remarkably intertwined relationships with the Russians, he'd still be someone you'd want to watch out of the corner of your eye for the possibility of treason, simply on the basis of a set of innate characteristics that lend themself more readily to it.

Not to mention that he's also in the highest ranking position of leadership in this country and arguably most of the free world, where I'd dare say the validity of concerns about treason should be granted just a smidge more weight.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
A lot of republicans hated Obama/Hilary/Liberals more than they cared about their own and their families wellbeing. It's that simple. There's some buyers remorse going on but not a lot.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Why do they have more validity? Why should treason be off the table in comparison? What makes it so sacrosanct?

You misunderstand me. I'm not saying that treason is off the table. It's definitely on the table if the evidence to support it is enough. In my opinion, it currently is not. Should we be on the lookout for it? Of course.

KingV

Real talk. Saying her campaign was a shitshow invalidates anything else you have to say.

Her campaign WAS bad. There were a lot of things outside of her control that were the tipping point, but she had a punchers chance if she ran a better campaign. Heck, she had a punchers chance with the campaign she actually ran.

But the idea that Hillary had no culpability at all in her own defeat is completely ridiculous.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
You misunderstand me. I'm not saying that treason is off the table. It's definitely on the table if the evidence to support it is enough. In my opinion, it currently is not. Should we be on the lookout for it? Of course.
I think I'm understanding you just fine, considering you contradict yourself in the space of the bolded three sentences. Treason is not off the table it just needs to fulfill an arbitrary higher burden of proof that you haven't really clarified, so it's conveniently off the table until then.

But I'm so glad you're willing to be on the "lookout" for signs of it, as if they're really that few and far between currently.

theWB27

Her campaign WAS bad. There were a lot of things outside of her control that were the tipping point, but she had a punchers chance if she ran a better campaign. Heck, she had a punchers chance with the campaign she actually ran.

But the idea that Hillary had no culpability at all in her own defeat is completely ridiculous.

Alright.... I'd go on but this isn't the thread.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I think I'm understanding you just fine, considering you contradict yourself in the space of the bolded three sentences. Treason is not off the table it just needs to fulfill an arbitrary higher burden of proof that you haven't really clarified, so it's conveniently off the table until then.

But I'm so glad you're willing to be on the "lookout" for signs of it, as if they're really that few and far between currently.

No you didn't, No I didn't, and it's no less arbitrary than yours.

MIMIC

Banned
Why is this tidbit at the very end of the article?

In any event, these drips of information about the investigation have driven me crazy, and I won't get excited until the final findings. Who knows how long this investigation will last.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Right. See, if Trump removes the sanctions that were put in place that tanked the Exxon deal, then that's pretty shady. Because Tillerson and stuff.

Fucking joke of a person? Sheesh, tell me how you really feel :/

If you're a fan of Roger Stone, reconsider your life choices.

All of them.

And whenever I hear someone say "8 years," I can only say "oh you sweet summer child..."

giphy.gif

I really hope you people are joking when you say things like this.

I mean really? President forever? Do you honestly, truly believe that the system is going to be rigged to that degree without fail? Especially with the way his approval ratings are right now?

You people are doing nothing but spreading fear and memes in threads that absolutely do not warrant them.

Enough already.

Bluenoser

Even if they have a smoking gun implicating one of his associates, there's no proof that Trump himself was involved. The only chance they have, since Trump was likely hands off, is to have these people roll over on him for a reduced sentence.

KingV

Even if they have a smoking gun implicating one of his associates, there's no proof that Trump himself was involved. The only chance they have, since Trump was likely hands off, is to have these people roll over on him for a reduced sentence.

Not necessarily. No one ever proved a link to Nixon planning watergate. Many think he didn't actually know anything about it, until after they were arrests.

It's what he did after finding out about it that really got him nailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom