• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

New to the Game? Try Jira’s Original OT or Retro’s Beginner Tips.​
Looking to purchase? Try the Official store, Amazon or GreenMan Gaming, it's usually on sale at one of them!​
top160sdv.png

events162uzf.png

events2b7uyo.png

Unknown: Check back in on February 25th!

schedulecoy59.png

Quick Links to alternative times;
Eastern | Pacific | Central | GMT+1 (Madrid) | Hawaii

guildipyf9.png

NeoGAF is represented in-game by Gaming Age Force [GAF]. Though you can join the guild regardless of server or region, the majority of the guild plays on the Stormbluff Isle server.
Please be aware that Stormbluff Isle is a North American server, and those who play on a European server will not be able to play there without a paid transfer, as guesting is region-specific.
For those on other North American servers, you can guest to Stormbluff Isle by clicking "World Selection" and choosing the "Guest" option.

How do I join?
Whisper or send an in-game mail to any of the Guild Leaders or Officers:
Ashodin, Hawkian, Gojira, Katoki, Kos Luftar, Lucrezia Stone, Professor Retro, Roxie Hood, Ivogar, Vyrance, Zed Zebes or Sophrelia
Alternatively, you can post your username ("name.####") or a character name in the thread, but because the thread tends to move fast we cannot guarantee we'll always see it.

Who can join?
Anyone; friends and family are more than welcome to join GAFGuild, but we ask that they be made aware of our guild policies, which can be viewed here: GAFGuild Policies.
Our policies are based heavily on GAF's own terms of service. Be aware that guild chat is often PG-13 in tone.

What resources does GAFGuild have?
  • GAFGuild.com
    To allow for more in-depth discussion, clearer event announcements and better organization, we currently have a separate site and forums located at www.GAFGuild.com.
    The site has a wealth of features not available on GAF, such as an events calendar, gallery and shoutbox. Images can be quickly posted directly into the forums as well.
    Though we'll usually cross-post, the best way to keep track of what GAFGuild is doing is to visit our site.

• Mumble
    GAFGuild also maintains a private Mumble server for members.You can download Mumble here.
    The server/port information can be found by quoting this post (it will appear at the top, embedded in the e-mail tags).
    Please use your GAF name if possible, so we know who you are.

• Twitter
    We will often tweet upcoming events and retweet GW2-related news.
    Follow us at @GAFGuild.

miscviy3t.png

GAF Streams
Do you stream Guild Wars 2 often? Please PM me a link to your channel and I'll add it to the list.

GAF Guides
Written a guide or have a useful link you want to share? Send it via Private Message to Retro and I’ll add it to the list.
Useful Links
Previous OTs

Lunar15

Excellent OT, Retro.

I'm excited to start fresh with a new OT. Second half of 2013 looks like it's going to be even crazier!

Retro

If Avatars aren't working, you may have to download it and upload it to GAF rather than providing the address.
Imgur is the only host I have that can host to a gallery like that, but apparently it doesn't like .png files.

Lunar15

I'm just glad the OT3 was here in time to celebrate our historic victory for beards everywhere.

An alternative OT is "Grow Now, Shave Never, Beards Forever"

Sophia

Hooray for fresh new threads!

Hmm, I might see about buying a server transfer with gold. It'll take awhile tho, but it would be worth it to play on Stormbluff and do WvW with you all.

Lunar15

Also, since this is a new OT and all, I should finally reveal that I was actually Ursa Karhu the entire time.

Shocking, I know.

Retro

I'm just glad the OT3 was here in time to celebrate our historic victory for beards everywhere.

An alternative OT is "Grow Now, Shave Never, Beards Forever"

The Quaggans down there at the bottom started as a homage to the various good OT Titles that people suggested, and ended up sort of poking fun at various posters and events.

Lunar15

The Quaggans down there at the bottom started as a homage to the various good OT Titles that people suggested, and ended up sort of poking fun at various posters and events.

I know, I thought that was a great idea. I thought about taking the guardian one, but thought, "Nahh, that's totally Ash's deal".

Not sure I understand the "Snug as Fuck" one though.

Retro

I know, I thought that was a great idea. I thought about taking the guardian one, but thought, "Nahh, that's totally Ash's deal".

Not sure I understand the "Snug as Fuck" one though.

That one is actually the one Ash should have taken, considering....

God, that thread.... What a mess that was. (Post in question is #44).

Retro

Ash switched over, so the Guardian is all yours!

Elementalists don't suck.

Nice OT.

Who said they did? I've been helping out a lowbie who needed some help (since he's playing an ele, I figured I'd be able to see the traits and skills) and been kind of enjoying it.

Retro

LOL, nice avatars.

As a rule, I try not to change my avatar... but PRetro the Quaggan Shill was too good to pass up, and it's not every day we have a new OT (or that I actually make one, this is my first).

I'll change it back in a month, like I did for Real Pic January.

Levyne

Banned
I wonder if we can get through a page without a Hawkian post. The new destination must be messing with his programming :p

Sophia

Elementalists don't suck.

Nice OT.

Elementalists are amazing in the hands of a competent player. The problem is, the skill cap needed for the class is way higher than any other class. Way higher than most of the players playing the class too. Personally, I don't think it's worth the effort for PvE or WvW.

Levyne

Banned
Being serious. Throughout OT2 and the last near-year I have met lots of people and made many many friends. Here's to an awesome upcoming anniversary and another great year. :)

Aquila

Elementalists are amazing in the hands of a competent player. The problem is, the skill cap needed for the class is way higher than any other class. Way higher than most of the players playing the class too. Personally, I don't think it's worth the effort for PvE or WvW.

This. Engineers also have this problem in that both classes have been somewhat pigeonholed into being hybrids while other professions can perform their designed role to their fullest and still be comparatively adequate in unsatisfactory situations. Elementalists and Engineers are still my two favorite classes in the game though as nothing else comes close to their fun, unique, and dynamic mechanics. Only min/max'ers in cof 1 and fotm will tell you that these classes are worthless in PvE and no class is worthless in WvW.

I still need to finalize my Ele's gear... I've been dwelling on it for a week now.

Edit: Come on. Where's the wizard quaggan avatar? Whoever made 'em did a bang up job.

Katoki

Yeah, elementalists hurt to learn. I'm better off now than I was about two weeks ago but I'm still pretty dead most of the time.

Here to claim some numbered post less than 1000 so that I TOO can brag in guildchat.

bragging to commence momentarily.

ARAH!

PS: there are too many quaggans in here. Need some skritt saying "Gooooot something?"

markot

Banned
I cant play a dagger/dagger elementalist cause of lag in wvwvwv... I port around too much...

But I play staff, I like it, but I need to change my gear, im berserker and I do alot of dmg, but I drop like a whore in heat.

jersoc

oh thank god it's not a stupid pun title.

latest patch is probably the best one yet. the new city is pretty great. shame it'll go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom