• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3 ODST codes are currently being sent out

MaxiLive

Wow I don't understand what my Xbox is even doing.... getting the 3Gb patch of MCC and just says "Ready to Start" 2% which has taken 10 minutes to do...

Are they usually this slow or is mine broke?

Akai__

Wow I don't understand what my Xbox is even doing.... getting the 3Gb patch of MMC and just says "Ready to Start" 2% which has taken 10 minutes to do...

Are they usually this slow or is mine broke?

I think it's just the %-age bar, that is glitchy. Mine jumped from 4% to 24% for example.

Yeah, I downloaded The Witcher 3 day one patch a week ago and it went from 7% to 58%. It was stuck at 7% for like 20 minutes lol

I HATE how XB1 handles installs and downloads.

Tried switching to an US locale but no dice. Maybe if I redownloaded, but I'm not gonna bother. Already downloaded it twice today.

MaxiLive

I think it's just the %-age bar, that is glitchy. Mine jumped from 4% to 24% for example.

Ah right! Just been in the bandwidth usage monitor and it looks like it is downloading a lot of data. The good old Microsoft progress bar is to blame once again! :D

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Folks who are having issues because they didn't download the cu first should actually be able to play by simply getting the CU without reinstalling the game. Not advisable path but it should become available after cu is installed.

Folks "stuck at x%" has nothing to do with Odst specifically, and is just dark install magik that goes away for me if I don't look at it.

Downloaded CU first, then ODST. Sits at 100% but displays "Installation Stopped".

I've wiped and reinstalled twice now, same error.

3rd times a charm...? :/

Folks who are having issues because they didn't download the cu first should actually be able to play by simply getting the CU without reinstalling the game. Not advisable path but it should become available after cu is installed.

Folks "stuck at x%" has nothing to do with Odst specifically, and is just dark install magik that goes away for me if I don't look at it.

Thanks Frankie. Looks like it has something to do with the locale, so far everyone reporting in with issues is not in the US.

Looks like I'm going back to the Witcher in the mean time.

Downloaded ODST first and the update and both finished fine, The game isn't showing up on mcc though. Anyone else having this problem?

Gowans

Downloaded CU first, then ODST. Sits at 100% but displays "Installation Stopped".

I've wiped and reinstalled twice now, same error.

3rd times a charm...? :/
I got that, in UK and Halo MCC installed on my external drive

Downloaded CU this morn and downloaded ODST via web code.

When I got via the game it takes me to the store with no ODST listed

Gone into game options on dash and it's shown eventually, I'm gona reinstall then move to my external then try

jem0208

Downloaded ODST first and the update and both finished fine, The game isn't showing up on mcc though. Anyone else having this problem?

It's under the Halo 3 section of the menu, have you checked there?

Really hoping this isn't some weird UK/Europe specific thing... I want to actually play ODST this weekend.

MaxiLive

Well, third time failed too. I'm done. Fuck this shit.

I think its EU, I can see the Halo 3 ODST options in the game but it just links to the store as it isn't installed. But yet can't be installed.

Guessing the EU servers are missing the verification file or something so the data we have is just garbage until someone uploads that from Microsofts end.

Caayn

The region thing could be true. I'm in Germany (Xbox One set to US) and stuck at 31% now.
Hi there neighbour. I'm in the Netherlands (tier 2) with the console set to the US. Downloaded ODST first and then the MCC update. Works fine for me, doubt that region is the problem.
Thank you! Had no idea it was there. Was thinking it would be right on the main menu.
No problem :) I thought exactly the same at first, until Outlaw Torn on page 2 pointed me in the same direction.

Plasma

Banned
Awesome, I've been playing nothing but the Witcher for over a week now time to take a break and play this.

EDIT: Or not installation stopped just as it finished, can anything ever go right with the MCC?

Moa

The Destiny Easter Egg in Halo 3: ODST was removed.

nFQ6Hkr.jpg

Forsythia

If I'm downloading it from my own region (Netherlands) it's 7.6 GB. Switched to the US store and it's 8.1 GB. Could that be the issue?

Downloading now from the US store to see if that fixed it (yeah, I said I was done, but you know, ONE MORE TRY!).

arhra

OK, mine finally finished downloading and... Installation Stopped. UK.

Going to Manage Game on the MCC and hitting See in Xbox Store on the ODST DLC tile takes me to a store page for ODST with the usual install/buy/etc button greyed out saying "Unavailable".

Are you allowed to say when ODST will be available for all to purchase?

Akai__

Hi there neighbour. I'm in the Netherlands (tier 2) with the console set to the US. Downloaded ODST first and then the MCC update. Works fine for me, doubt that region is the problem.

Thanks for reporting. Mine is still at 31%, but I'll leave it like that for an other while. I just entered standby mode and will check again in a coupple minutes.

Did anyone else try it in standby?

jem0208

Thanks for reporting. Mine is still at 31%, but I'll leave it like that for an other while. I just entered standby mode and will check again in a coupple minutes.

Did anyone else try it in standby?

Mine's been in standby the entire time. Haven't checked its progress yet though.

Top Bottom