• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Nirvana

Hopefully Microsoft do some major backtracking after Sony bitchslapped them so that people actually buy Halo 5. The major concerns with the Xbone don't really effect me directly, but they are blatantly stupid ideas.

Man. I wish it were like Halo 3 again and I was all giddy....

I literally don't know, just going from some of the vibe from the show. Which is wrong as often as it is right.

Got that same vibe. There's still a lot we don't know about these consoles.

Hopefully Microsoft do some major backtracking after Sony bitchslapped them so that people actually buy Halo 5. The major concerns with the Xbone don't really effect me directly, but they are blatantly stupid ideas.

Man. I wish it were like Halo 3 again and I was all giddy....

People will buy Halo 5 because this whole used game, always online thing will be over with come late 2014.

Halo fans won't pass up a 60 fps Halo with dedicated servers next gen. Say what they want now, but lines will be wrapped around stores at midnight.

Computer

People will buy Halo 5 because this whole used game, always online thing will be over with come late 2014.

Halo fans won't pass up a 60 fps Halo with dedicated servers next gen. Say what they want now, but lines will be wrapped around stores at midnight.

I agree this is blown way out of proportion and will all die out someday. I am guessing that most people on this forum have a console with a Ethernet plugged into the back right now so I can never understand why so much bitching.

Tawpgun

people won't buy halo 5 if they decide to get a ps4 instead...

That's the problem... The next halo game will probably be the first to undersell its predecessor due to low install base. But im just assuming the One might flop in numbers, the ps3 of next gen if you will.

At least that seems to be the case so far

wwm0nkey

That's the problem... The next halo game will probably be the first to undersell its predecessor due to low install base. But im just assuming the One might flop in numbers, the ps3 of next gen if you will.

Even though I said I will buy a Xbox One eventually, that is because I assume in a year they will revise their idiotic policies, I refuse to get one at all until they do.

Also its funny seeing some people say its not that big of a deal, there is a lot of internet and media outrage for a reason and its not just blind hate.

Even if the Xbox One does really well, I doubt it will have the install base that the 360 had 7 years into its release.

The numbers of what's considered a success for the next Halo will obviously have to take into account what the install base actually is, comparing an install base of a single year and seven years is obviously absurd.

I guess the next Halo game is going to be xbone only, yes? It would make sense with their xxjuicesxx-inspired comments of 60fps on dedis.

It may be the first Halo title besides the first one that I don't get at launch.

Why don't you be a smart consumer and wait and see.

Teenagers can do what they want. I would want to brag to my friends in school about getting a new console on launch. In 2001 in 4th grade I was bragging to everyone when I got my og Xbox and Halo for Christmas. Kids were jelly. I was king. Forget about banging your classmates, being popular, and excelling academically. School is all about showing off that cool tech that you got before everyone else.

Teenagers can do what they want. I would want to brag to my friends in school about getting a new console on launch. In 2001 in 4th grade I was bragging to everyone when I got my og Xbox and Halo for Christmas. Kids were jelly. I was king. Forget about banging your classmates, being popular, and excelling academically. School is all about showing off that cool tech that you got before everyone else.
ohgod

just placed my pre order on the Xbox ..

I hope it doesn't suck :/

I put down money on both since I'm not sure which one I want yet. Pretty sure I like the Xbone exclusives more but I really don't wanna deal with bullshit policies.

This decision would be a million times easier if Microsoft just got rid of those bullshit policies.

^^^lol @ that edit

just placed my pre order on the Xbox ..

I hope it doesn't suck :/
Yeah, I don't see the harm in waiting and seeing, on both consoles. Spend the $500 bucks on a holiday or taking up a new hobby, and then in 12 months when there a few more games out for both machines, maybe even Destiny, it would be a better time to make a choice?

But equally, I don't want to seem like we're bullying ya, just that it's a lot of money to be spending day one on something you're not 100% sure about.

willow ve

Until policies are revised I am with you. I assume they will be or at least hope they are when 5 launches. I like the people over at 343 a lot but I can not support that console until some of the stuff changes.
Halo is the sole reason I bought a 360. At this point in my life Halo no longer justifies a $500 purchase of a console that has this many bad decisions based into it.

If PS4 would just release a second controller with offset sticks...

wwm0nkey

Halo is the sole reason I bought a 360. At this point in my life Halo no longer justifies a $500 purchase of a console that has this many bad decisions based into it.

If PS4 would just release a second controller with offset sticks...

Wonder what the reaction would be if Sony did announce a controller like that lol

inorite? He's even making me feel old. Also, I sent you a FR. We better dong (or something) tonight when I get home. I've been a week with no gaming and need to fix that issue.

I AM JERK

image.php

willow ve

It astonishes me that people care that much about the left stick. Aiming must be unbearable!
I played PS for 3+ years. I've had my 360 for 5+ years. The PS controllers are fine, tolerable, controllers. The 360 controller is superior in pretty much every way other than D pad. It's just a personal preference but it's also the controller which you hold all the time. I would rather have offset sticks.

They will if it's much like Halo 4. Dedis and 60 fps wouldn't come close to saving the game we have right now.

My plan is to wait and see what Halogaf thinks of the game for a month or so after launch. I'm not getting caught up in pre-launch hype/promises like I did last year. If the consensus is that the MP is balanced, plays well, has good maps and is well-polished, then I will consider buying an XB1.

Failing that, I'm fully prepared to move forward with PS4/PC and the suite of games that will be available on those platforms.

I played PS for 3+ years. I've had my 360 for 5+ years. The PS controllers are fine, tolerable, controllers. The 360 controller is superior in pretty much every way other than D pad. It's just a personal preference but it's also the controller which you hold all the time. I would rather have offset sticks.
Thing I don't like about the DS3 is more how cheap it feels to hold, the construction of the shell itself is lacking. The triggers are also abominations, but I prefer the rest of the input components over the 360's, the sticks don't wear out as easily, the d-pad is better, the flat face buttons are nicer, the R1/L1 feel like the rest of the buttons instead of clicky bumpers.

I don't really care about the stick placement, I care more about the d-pad placement which then influences where I'd prefer the sticks to be, but in either position using the sticks themselves are no different to me. I guess I just never really bought into the arguments attempting to explain the preference, but the preference itself is perfectly fine.

They will if it's much like Halo 4. Dedis and 60 fps wouldn't come close to saving the game we have right now.

The funny part is what we have right now is actually a pretty solid game. Its not what I wanted from a Halo title but the changes made to it post launch have all been pretty decent. Halo as it is now at 60fps with Dedis would be the bare minimum I would accept from Halo 5 but I'd accept it.

Hopefully 343i have listened and Next gen they can deliver a title more in line with what people have come to expect from the series. My biggest request is remove loadouts completely.

I hated the PS controller until I started using L1 and R1 for aiming and shooting. Using L2 and R2 puts your thumbs and hands in an incredibly awkward position.

Fracas

#fuckonami
The new Dualshock looks a lot better to me. I preferred the 360 controller, but this thing looks baller. It would be amazing if Sony released a Dualshock that resembled an Xbox controller. It seems like a good idea, although there may be patent restrictions.

This Halo fan won't be there.

Well, thats next year anyways and a lot can change between now and then so you may be there.

But yeah, I preorded a PS4 and skipped the Xbox One. It kinda kills me, but I am not going to support the console that doesn't support the consumer.

The funny part is what we have right now is actually a pretty solid game. Its not what I wanted from a Halo title but the changes made to it post launch have all been pretty decent. Halo as it is now at 60fps with Dedis would be the bare minimum I would accept from Halo 5 but I'd accept it.

Hopefully 343i have listened and Next gen they can deliver a title more in line with what people have come to expect from the series. My biggest request is remove loadouts completely.

I disagree with the bolded, but will hope along with you regarding the future for Halo 5.

JackHerer

The new Dualshock looks a lot better to me. I preferred the 360 controller, but this thing looks baller. It would be amazing if Sony released a Dualshock that resembled an Xbox controller. It seems like a good idea, although there may be patent restrictions.

Nintendo did it with their pro controller. It looks really similar to the 360 controller.

The only thing that looks iffy to me about the PS4 is the controller. I love the 360 controller and never really liked the dualshock.

Top Bottom