• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

malfcn

I own Halo 3 but my friend does not. Now we have another game to co-op. I bought him Halo 4 and Reach, and got him to play ODST.

DeadNames

Banned
Halo Anniversary should be free for XBL Gold soon so that these kids can get some perspective on what made Halo amazing in the first place. Then maybe the audience will speak out more en masse and try to get back to the basics of amazing core mechanics and fun dynamic encounters.

That would be very interesting.

Fuckin A, best trailer ever. Still gets me hype.

Agreed. Halo 3 had some sweet trailers. Believe, Starry Night, the one with the bubble shield and even the reveal were all sweet.

Fotos

All the Halo 5 (Halo Xbox One?) trailers are filled with the same stupid comments.

OL9db5Y.png

BqUX8ZB.png

There are many more.
Had to throw this one in because it was top comment at one point.

kyPh4L6.png

FyreWulff

Sub 30 fps for spartan assault. Or my surface was broken. I'll try again tomorrow .

Also people expected MS to spin up legacy sustain for a free game? We can't even get them to do it for games people pay for.

Madness

Spartan Assault is actually quite fun.

I think Domino already got the position... You can tone it down now lol.

All jokes aside, how did it run? What was the framerate like? Especially when there are a lot of enemies/vehicles on screen? How was audio? AndI how does it control with the touch controls?

Did you hear Palmer speak? Did they use Jennifer Hale?

Madness

Keep Jinnouchi as main composer now. Have him fully integrated with the team, no more poor audio choices or music that doesn't fit with the scene. I can listen to key pieces of Marty's music and instantly remember the game. That's what makes a great soundtrack. It become instantly memorable if used perfectly.

Make sure there are some classic tracks, maybe a few reworked for key scenes in halo 5, but the monks better be back. I'm sorry, as pathetic as it sounds, it's an instant turn off if I hear more tribal wailing or something and no monks especially for a Chief game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz7dDU2-sZo

Sounds pretty stupid I know, most people wouldn't give two shits about the music, they'd just prefer a solid multiplayer experience etc.

Tawpgun

HEY GUESS WHO DIDN'T KNOW THIS THREAD EXISTED UNTIL RIGHT NOW
It was a birthday present!

I really hope they nail the music this time. Music in the announcement trailer was kinda boring. I don't know why they had to scrap the old halo themes completely. Do what Star Wars did, just modify them and add new pieces in their style. Halo 4 soundtrack wasn't bad on its own but I never really had those THIS SONG IS AWESOME TO PLAY TO (exception of Midnight trench run and final battles before didact.) like I did with walk in the woods, in amber clad, under cover of night, and the warthog run theme

Nebula

It was a birthday present!

I really hope they nail the music this time. Music in the announcement trailer was kinda boring. I don't know why they had to scrap the old halo themes completely. Do what Star Wars did, just modify them and add new pieces in their style. Halo 4 soundtrack wasn't bad on its own but I never really had those THIS SONG IS AWESOME TO PLAY TO (exception of Midnight trench run and final battles before didact.) like I did with walk in the woods, in amber clad, under cover of night, and the warthog run theme

This is a Halo by 343. It needs to be shown as something they created, not something
Bungie made and 343 just put things in the mix. That's the vibe I get from Halo 4 anyway.

So, hey, guests are still ruining mainstream playlists in 2013. CTF playlist, MM bungs a guy and his two guests on my team and yep, they quit within the first minute. Go 1 down. The game puts the guests who just quit back on my team. It takes about three minutes for them to actually appear in the game (not just on the board) and then they quit again immediately. Then I quit. The end.

Had a few instances last night where someone on my team would drive someone from the enemy team around in the gauss hog and cause problems in BTB, the one time I wish team killing would not penalize you.

Also someone was using a banshee and just driving into team mates (not shooting) so he did not get kicked :/

willow ve

Free Halo 3 is pointless. With that netcode + needing DLC in many playlists it's only going to push the new Halo kids father into thinking loadout Halo is best Halo. Should give everyone Halo 4 for free, doubly so now that the updates have dramatically altered the game for the better.

Nothing moves new consoles like Halo mania.

Omni

We go back to one thread soon right?

This thread seems to have already morphed into 90% of old HaloGAF.

^^^ Me. Day one. I have no desire to switch to Playstation any time soon - May make the jump once third party ports start running like crap on the nextbox, but until then I'll stick with it. And who knows. Maybe I'll get some use out of the multimedia elements of the box too. They do look good.

so now that we've seen e3...

who's getting the xbone?
I'm getting it on launch, preordered it already at 2 retailers with Ryse, Forza & DR3. I really don't care about DRM+24h Online Check - Instead I think the Familiy Sharing (add 10 people as your family, let them play your games whenever they want, even if only 1 at a time can play from your library) sounds really cool.
and i couldnt just let halo go :D

the lineup of the ps4 is kinda disappointing to me, didnt enjoyed the previous killzones + infamous that much.

played my first round h4 turbo a few days ago. i think it kinda felt better than vanilla h4, but i still cant stand that random ordanance stuff :/

This is a Halo by 343. It needs to be shown as something they created, not something
Bungie made and 343 just put things in the mix. That's the vibe I get from Halo 4 anyway.

Halo 1 drain shield reactors
Halo 1 Index room
Halo 1 cartographer
Halo 2 gondoles
Halo 3 sand battle (without the scarab and choppers)

Computer

I'm getting it on launch, preordered it already at 2 retailers with Ryse, Forza & DR3. I really don't care about DRM+24h Online Check - Instead I think the Familiy Sharing (add 10 people as your family, let them play your games whenever they want, even if only 1 at a time can play from your library) sounds really cool.
and i couldnt just let halo go :D

the lineup of the ps4 is kinda disappointing to me, didnt enjoyed the previous killzones + infamous that much.

played my first round h4 turbo a few days ago. i think it kinda felt better than vanilla h4, but i still cant stand that random ordanance stuff :/

Everyone is so pro PS4 No one will talk any Xbox features like storing games in the cloud, One gold membership per family, Free to play games, dedicated servers, and letting a friend borrow a game if they are on your friends list for 30 days, All games can be digital downloads, games can be resold. Its cool for everyone to hate Xbox right now so they avoid or spin anything good that it brings.

Omni

So if Spartan Assault comes out next month, we should be hearing of a release date soon, no? And is it going to work on something like GFWL on PC since there are achievements?

which btw, really bothers me that the achievements only add up to 190. WHY COULDN'T THEY ROUND UP TO 200?

So if Spartan Assault comes out next month, we should be hearing of a release date soon, no? And is it going to work on something like GFWL on PC since there are achievements?

which btw, really bothers me that the achievements only add up to 190. WHY COULDN'T THEY ROUND UP TO 200?

Windows 8 platforms, not GFWL.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Everyone is so pro PS4 No one will talk any Xbox features like storing games in the cloud, One gold membership per family, Free to play games, dedicated servers, and letting a friend borrow a game if they are on your friends list for 30 days, All games can be digital downloads, games can be resold. Its cool for everyone to hate Xbox right now so they avoid or spin anything good that it brings.

This isn't a "good thing" IMO. You should be able to just let your friend borrow your game whenever you want...

This isn't a "good thing" IMO. You should be able to just let your friend borrow your game whenever you want...
You can mark 10 people as your family so that they can play any of your games at any time - Way better than that 30+days XBL Friend sharing feature or even real live disc sharing :)

daedalius

Unless you're referring to personal ordnance, most (not all) of the weapons on the maps have been replaced by static spawns now.

Well, there are plenty of playlists that don't have that either.
Those have utterly shit populations at any given time. 343 would do well to have featured playlists (at the top of the damned list, too) every other week with double EXP to attract more people to the mix.

Enfinit

Those have utterly shit populations at any given time. 343 would do well to have featured playlists (at the top of the damned list, too) every other week with double EXP to attract more people to the mix.

I have no idea why this hasn't happened since day one. Why the hell wouldn't you have double XP? They have it where XP is being thrown left and right how it is, it seems like a no brainer.

Tawpgun

Regicide is super fun alone. Seems like everyone sucks there so you feel like a god. Hopefully trueskill doesn't catch up

Top Bottom